Donnie Darko just !@#$ed my mind!

just saw the movie and im confused

what happened at the end?
did he go back in time or just the plane?
the world ending was about a time portal opening?
whats up with that whole frank character?

Donnie Darko just !@#$ed my mind!

2q1i00m.gif

It's a confusing movie but I think it's supposed to be like that because Donnie had all those mental problems and couldn't decipher what was realand wasn't so the confusion of the ending passes Donnie's confusion of life to the audience. That's just how I perceived it.

Frank is from the future....saving him from the plane crash. He shows Donnie what happens if he survives, and his GF dies, Donnie figures it all out anddecides to go back to the night of plane crash and this time staying in his room where the motor dropped. Saving his fam and the girl.

It has to do with parallel universes, time travel, string theory type stuff. It can be confusing but you can make sense out of it if you try.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Frank is from the future....saving him from the plane crash. He shows Donnie what happens if he survives, and his GF dies, Donnie figures it all out and decides to go back to the night of plane crash and this time staying in his room where the motor dropped. Saving his fam and the girl.

It has to do with parallel universes, time travel, string theory type stuff. It can be confusing but you can make sense out of it if you try.
All the people affected by Donnie's actions awake as if from a nightmare, having some fragments of memories remaining: Frank, Elizabeth'sboyfriend, subconsciously touches his right eye. Jim Cunningham, perhaps in guilt and remorse for being a paedophile, a hypocrite and phony, awakens crying. As Donnie's body is taken away, Gretchen, having never met Donnie, rides by theDarkos' house on her bicycle. She learns from a neighbor boy what has happened and waves to Rose, who is smoking a cigarette (the last contact she had withDonnie was the nasty argument). There is an air of mutual recognition between them.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Frank is from the future....saving him from the plane crash. He shows Donnie what happens if he survives, and his GF dies, Donnie figures it all out and decides to go back to the night of plane crash and this time staying in his room where the motor dropped. Saving his fam and the girl.

but since he already knew how things would play out over the next 28 days, couldnt he have saved himself again and avoid the same mistakes he made last timeand still have his fam and girl?

watch it another time and it might help you...I had to watch it twice to really understand everything

Back
Top Bottom