DOW JONES DOWN 1000 POINTS......what does this mean?????

Stop watching the news and live your life. The economy will happen. Be well capitalized and you'll be able to weather any storm. Cash is ALWAYS king.

A correction just means that you'll be able to buy assets when they're on sale while everyone else is freaking out.
Im asking about what can should i do to take advantage of the current market. I assume the DOW being down = i can cop stocks at rare lows, and see profts since things will eventually rebound?
Well, yes. it could also go lower. I prefer dollar cost averaging so you can get even better deals if the market continues going down then you can get better deals.

Last edited:
Well, yes. it could also go lower. I prefer dollar cost averaging so you can get even better deals if the market continues going down then you can get better deals.

don't know what any of this means lol, I took corporate finance and skipped over personal finance, so while I understand how stocks work and why things happen, I don't know how to apply it in actually making the investments.

It means it's worth 1000 points less than it was when the market opened. :nerd:

If you're brave, buy now. You'll get a 10% better value on stocks vs last week when the market goes back up.

Remember 2008? It only took 5 years to recover from a 50% drop and come out ahead. Play the long term

I agree if your time horizon is very short run or very long run. If you want to make some quick money in the next few weeks, it would be a good time to buy. That would also be the case if you are looking at a 10 year or greater time horizon.

If you are investing and looking to sell off in a year or two, I would be careful. The Fed will raise interest rate too soon as they always do. I do not even make this prediction as an economist, I make it as a student of American and financial history. The Fed does not care that much about unemployment and wage stagnation, their chief concern is keeping inflation down because inflation reduces the real rate of returns for wealthy people who live off returns on their bonds.

The suggestion of a hint of a harbinger of inflation will cause the fed to raise rates despite the fact that wages are stagnant and businesses and households and banks are over-leveraged. This could be another 2008 or maybe a water down version of it in the next year or two.

don't know what any of this means lol, I took corporate finance and skipped over personal finance, so while I understand how stocks work and why things happen, I don't know how to apply it in actually making the investments.
it means you're averaging out the price of the stocks you're buying over time by buying it in increments rather than all at one time. Think 401k contributions from your paycheck. You're not not getting a great deal on the price by buying at the bottom (because you don't know where that is), and you're not throwing your money away by buying at the peak (because you don't know where that is either.

Gas is 1.96 b
glasses.gif
I filled up for more than double that son 
sick.gif
tired.gif

Send me some gas b paypal ready 

It means it's worth 1000 points less than it was when the market opened. :nerd:

If you're brave, buy now. You'll get a 10% better value on stocks vs last week when the market goes back up.

Remember 2008? It only took 5 years to recover from a 50% drop and come out ahead. Play the long term

I agree if your time horizon is very short run or very long run. If you want to make some quick money in the next few weeks, it would be a good time to buy. That would also be the case if you are looking at a 10 year or greater time horizon.

If you are investing and looking to sell off in a year or two, I would be careful. The Fed will raise interest rate too soon as they always do. I do not even make this prediction as an economist, I make it as a student of American and financial history. The Fed does not care that much about unemployment and wage stagnation, their chief concern is keeping inflation down because inflation reduces the real rate of returns for wealthy people who live off returns on their bonds.

The suggestion of a hint of a harbinger of inflation will cause the fed to raise rates despite the fact that wages are stagnant and businesses and households and banks are over-leveraged. This could be another 2008 or maybe a water down version of it in the next year or two.
This is not 08 lol

Rates aren't getting raised.

Trust me on this. Yellen is a dear, dear friend of mine.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom