Dr Neil deGrasse Tyson interview Vol. Break out the Meme

tysonreaction.gif

Thanks for the vids, will watch later tonight!

Dude's a genius and one of my favorite people
pimp.gif
. He's also gonna be hosting the new sequel to the Cosmos series next year 
pimp.gif

hipster host searching for lulz was annoying. im pretty sure he was annoyed by neils over talking though hah.

Funny interview, I've actually went to the 1st tapping "ON THE VERGE" highly recommend anyone to go even if your not tech savy its just a fun experience being there live.

otjUf.png

I'm about 6min. into the interview and
laugh.gif
at, "There's no debating with Issac Newton turns into we got a badass over here."

Originally Posted by sole vintage

amazing guy him and dr. Michio Kaku
Dr. Kaku annoyed the hell out of me when dude was speaking on telomeres and other biological stuff that goes on in our bodies
like, just stick to making up equations dude

Originally Posted by ricky409

Somebody tell me about this guy ...
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/curriculum-vitae 
my favorite part:

[h2]
[h2]Grants Awarded[/h2][table][tr][td]$1,500,000[/td][td]PI National Science Foundation (2010: 36 months) Informal Science Education: StarTalk Radio Show. Using a comedic co-host and with weekly guests drawn from pop-culture, this broadcast (and Internet) radio talk show on science targets an audience that never thought to listen to science on the radio.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$200,000[/td][td]PI National Science Foundation (2009: 12 months) Informal Science Education - Small Grants for Exploratory Research: StarTalk Radio Show - Pilots. 13 radio talk show pilot programs broadcast live in DC and LA, experimenting with various guests and co-hosts for how best to bring the universe to listeners would not otherwise think to listed to science. on the radio.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$100,000[/td][td]Co-I NASA (2003: 24 months) Hubble Treasury Program: COSMOS 2-degree field, Large scale structure of the universe at high redshift.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$2,800,000[/td][td]Co-I NASA (2001: 18 months) The Search for Life: Are We Alone?, The second space show to run in the newly rebuilt Hayden Planetarium.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$1,500,000[/td][td]Co-PI NASA (October 2000 - September 2003) New York City Space Science Research Alliance, creating a new space science degree in the City University of New York.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$840,000[/td][td]Co-PI National Science Foundation (October 1999 - September 2002)Visualization of High Dimensional Data in Comparative Morphology[/td][/tr][tr][td]$450,000[/td][td]PI National Science Foundation (May 1999 - September 2003) Partner in the Grand Challenge Cosmology Consortium Administered by the National Center for Supercomputing Applications, Urbana Ill.[/td][/tr][tr][td]$2,000,000[/td][td]Co-I & Project Director NASA (September 1997 - March 1999) Digital Galaxy Project—Part of the $8 million launch of the National Center for Science Literacy Education and Technology at the American Museum of Natural History[/td][/tr][tr][td]$23,000[/td][td]PI Science Foundation (July 1993 - December 1994) to study the Galactic Bulge: Structure and Dynamics and Dwarf Galaxies: Star Formation, Supernovae, and Detection[/td][/tr][tr][td]$5,000[/td][td]ARCS Foundation, New York City (January 1989 - December 1990) Intergalactic Supernovae[/td][/tr][/table]
[/h2]

I just finished watching the interview, it was pretty cool.
The host added so much useless commentary though.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Originally Posted by sole vintage

amazing guy him and dr. Michio Kaku
Dr. Kaku annoyed the hell out of me when dude was speaking on telomeres and other biological stuff that goes on in our bodies
like, just stick to making up equations dude
laugh.gif
i was able to walk into one of his lectures and dude said "what are you people morons i gave you the answer two minutes ago"
roll.gif

Good info from Neil as usual. Host was a bit annoying.

Back
Top Bottom