Drake had a legendary run in 2011

So I was looking back at older Drizzy tracks, and didn't fully realize until now how impressive of a year Drake had in 2011. damn near EVERYTHING was on point from features to loose solo tracks, then he followed up with what many people consider his best album, Take Care.

I'm On One
Fancy
Stay Schemin'
Tony Montana (Remix)
Lose My Mind (Remix)
Round of Applause (Remix)
All Of The Lights (Remix)
Trust Issues
Dreams Money Can Buy
Wildfire (Remix)
Club Paradise
Free Spirit
She Will
The Zone

+

Take Care

:x :x :x

Honestly the closest thing we've come to since that run is what Future is currently on with the 3 tapes + DS2.

***** you wasn't with me shooting in the gym.

Could be debated as the greatest single line ever.

Idc Idc come at me bruhs

Yeaa they was hot for the moment and then fizzled. 10-15 years from now when you riding in the whip with your kids you really think Dreams Money Can Buy is gonna come on? Honestly?

I kinda agree with rico x hood rico x hood Drake makes a lot of good music but so much of it is forgettable especially when the next song(s) comes out. And for an artist in his position he should have a helluva lot more classic worthy material within is his catalog.

Last edited:
However, we gotta save that discussion for another thread, sorry for adding to the thread derail.

damn haha this took me back. Crazy how you don't realize how great this run while it was going on, until you look back. 

Remember bumping all of these as they came out during my freshman year of college during pre games and all that. All you would hear throughout the dorm hallways too on weekends ahhhh good times. 

I was just getting into my first serious relationship when Take Care came out ... so my young self didn't really realize how profound that album was until the break up 2 years later. Wooooo album had a whole different meaning for me at that point - like i finally understood it 
laugh.gif

Man it's a beautiful thing how music can take you back to specific moments in your life, bumping these on youtube as i write this, feeling nostalgic as hell.

You know, whether the dude writes his own lyrics or not - something about how personal his music gets, there's nothing else like it out there. Dude can rap/sing about missing that one chick, or just simply about being the man - these are topics we can all relate to and I feel he does a great job of balancing it. Not saying he's one of the best ever or whatever, but personally i believe he has a place and i appreciate it. 

That Gucci run is still my favorite of em all. Only cuz he didn't have the big co signs like drake and 50 and was supposed to be dead from stay strapped. Son really came from low budget DVDs free styling to the biggest rapper in the world at one point in time.

Wayne's mixtape run up until the release of Carter 3 >>>>>>>>>> anything in hip hop history

He's had a legendary career dawg.

0-100 was a damn freebie that exploded.

That tape he just dropped is going plat with no promo, no official singles.

Back to back is smashing the clubs right now.

He's just had the Midas touch since SFG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom