Dude tries to ground n pound a cop... and gets shot

Maybe the Kansas City cabs DON'T have surveillance cameras in them (just googled and nothing came up)...:lol:

Even so, the cabbie could have given the cops a description...

The cops could have checked the Marriot camera, which captured Bruno: http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...hony-bruno-shooting-cell-phone-video/5831409/

They could have approached his wife--who was relatively more level-headed about the matter--after Bruno fled.

Not to mention, a drunk guy running about the area would not have gotten too far. He would have been apprehended eventually.

All those avenues, some certainly more realistic than others, would have brought him to justice.

Last edited:
But that is all beside the point, as far as I am concerned. My argument all along was that the cop--Hubbard-- should have exercised better judgement and deferred to the COPS WHO HAD ALREADY BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE SITUATION, AND WERE ON THEIR WAY.

:lol: @ DEFERRED. Their duty is to protect and serve 24/7 which is the reason why they carry a gun/badge 24/7. I am still :lol: @ even suggesting a Law Enforcement officer deferring a crime happening in front of them.

Maybe the Kansas City cabs DON'T have surveillance cameras in them (just googled and nothing came up)...:lol:

Even so, the cabbie could have given the cops a description...

The cops could have checked the Marriot camera, which captured Bruno: http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...hony-bruno-shooting-cell-phone-video/5831409/

They could have approached his wife--who was relatively more level-headed about the matter--after Bruno fled.

Not to mention, a drunk guy running about the area would not have gotten too far. He would have been apprehended eventually.

All those avenues, some certainly more realistic than others, would have brought him to justice.

what police department do you work for?

Terrible situation.  Off-duty police officers have no business walking around in uniform carrying a gun.  

Really we should be looking at disarming all regular patrol cops but that's for a different thread. 

Terrible situation.  Off-duty police officers have no business walking around in uniform carrying a gun.  

Really we should be looking at disarming all regular patrol cops but that's for a different thread. 

He was off duty doing security, many officers were their uniform doing side sigs, hell many owners prefer it.

I'm really curious on how disarming would work?

Last edited:

No business according to who? To the US Govt, it's perfectly legal for off duty officers to carry a gun per the Law Enforcement officers Safety Act of 2004

This is the post 9/11 America we're talking about here.

Last edited:

He was off duty doing security, many officers were their uniform doing side sigs, hell many owners prefer it.

I'm really curious on how disarming would work?
Didn't see he was working security at the hotel. 

To answer your question I'm curious too, which is why I said we should be looking at it, and we're not.  The problem is too many people in this country think it's not even possible to have law enforcement effectively enforcing the law without a lethal weapon on their hip.  That's bull **** evident by law enforcement agencies in first world countries around the globe.

Protesting your arrest and resisting arrest are two completely different things. This guy was obviously doing the latter.

Nice try though.
While there are no laws requiring them to help, Doctors frequently practice what they call "Duty of Care". If they see someone in dire need while off the clock... they help.

This. While I am not obligated to by law most doctors if the scene is safe take it upon themselves to administer care if needed. Physicians are also protected by the good Samaritan law so that they can not be sued for malpractice for care they administer while out of their practice setting and not on duty.

On an unrelated note Super Antigen as had been said before the cop was trying to arrest someone who had committed assualt. That individual was CLEARLY resisting. If a person is resisting arrest he is going to try to gain control of the individual by using his knee against his head.

The problem is too many people in this country think it's not even possible to have law enforcement effectively enforcing the law without a lethal weapon on their hip.  That's bull **** evident by law enforcement agencies in first world countries around the globe.

How much do you think crime will drop if we disarm the police?

The problem is too many people in this country think it's not even possible to have law enforcement effectively enforcing the law without a lethal weapon on their hip.  That's bull **** evident by law enforcement agencies in first world countries around the globe.
The objective isn't a drop in crime the objective is a drop in citizen fatalities caused by police. 

Last edited:
Look at you
happy.gif
Look at you. 13K post in a matter of months and nobody has EVER seen you contribute anything of meaning to this forum. You're the definition of a troll, I should have just left it at that no need to go into your personal. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

The objective isn't a drop in crime the objective is a drop in citizen fatalities caused by police. 

how much do you think crime will rise if we disarm police?

how much do you think crime will rise if we disarm police?
If we just took every Glock 9 out of police officers hands and told them to go to work tomorrow? I think we'd see crime rise A LOT.  

edit:

Which is NOT what I'm suggesting btw. I just said we need to be exploring alternative effective ways for police to protect citizens and prevent crime without every single one of them carrying a loaded deadly weapon.

Last edited:
gun control =/= crime control.

on both sides of the law.

UK's gun ban is an epic failure.

Last edited:

If we just took every Glock 9 out of police officers hands and told them to go to work tomorrow? I think we'd see crime rise A LOT.  

edit:

Which is NOT what I'm suggesting btw. I just said we need to be exploring alternative effective ways for police to protect citizens and prevent crime without every single one of them carrying a loaded deadly weapon.
Sorry buddy, but with the Cartel, MS13, Bloods, Crips, other gangs and random people going wild, cops need to carry guns, because the people they're trying to arrest are usually holding too, and they have little respect for LE even when the officer is armed.

Good luck getting a cop to arrive on time when someone is going crazy with guns. 

Violent crime in the UK is higher than the US its just most of the crimes arent commited with guns but rather other deadly weapons

How are folks upset at this though?

If he would have never punched dude in the face multiple times, he would still be alive... How you gonna punch a COP?!?

But that is all beside the point, as far as I am concerned. My argument all along was that the cop--Hubbard-- should have exercised better judgement and deferred to the COPS WHO HAD ALREADY BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE SITUATION, AND WERE ON THEIR WAY.

:lol: @ DEFERRED. Their duty is to protect and serve 24/7 which is the reason why they carry a gun/badge 24/7. I am still :lol: @ even suggesting a Law Enforcement officer deferring a crime happening in front of them.

What are you talking about?

Hubbard came into the picture after Bruno had left. The situation had already de-escalated when Hubbard arrived.

It's a different matter if Hubbard walked in on Bruno putting hands on the cabbie, but that isn't the case, not by a long shot.

There were on-duty officers actively responding to the situation, so Hubbard could have deferred TO THEM, especially when the situation had already de-escalated prior to his arrival.

:rolleyes

what police department do you work for?

The Common sense police department.

You know, the one that values the lives of my officers, and thus teaches them to avoid taking unnecessary risks.

Let the one's who are responding to the situation deal with the perp.

You, the off-duty cop, secure the safety of the immediate vicinity.

Don't go chasing an incoherent drunk about the city.

Back
Top Bottom