Dudes on NT who criticize others but can't take criticism

Cats talk trash about jesus christ bud god forbid we say sumthin bad about lamar odom
Lamar did more for the black CRACK community than the dude you mentioned

Fixed that for ya.

Pointless "fix".

Not surprised coming from you though.

What has that crackhead done for the "Black Community"? His charity was a scam. Dude threw away his career over drugs. He married a morally bankrupt white woman who promotes materialism and an unrealistic lifestyle. He overdosed on multiple drugs in a whorehouse, spending thousands for the company of white ******. :smh: Great role model there doing so much for blacks in the United States and elsewhere. :tongue: I don't wish death on the dude, but let's face the facts. He is a basehead and a horrible rolemodel.

The last 5x I got warned were from drake threads... Go figure.

How has lamar odom done more than jesus christ wtf lol

Im not religious if that matters

Last edited:
NT full of slanderous snakes and false moral superiority
mean.gif
site disappoints me every day.
@japejapejape  comes to mind

Meek must've smashed yo bm or something :\
We were discussing rap music and giving opinions, when I say son sucks its my opinion, ironically some fans are soft like him.

Meek must've smashed yo bm or something :\
We were discussing rap music and giving opinions, when I say son sucks its my opinion, ironically some fans are soft like him.

They gravitate to Drakes music for a reason my dude, however Meek just as soft as Drake

This is true but eem if u think Jesus was real or not there are billions of people who lead a life based on his teachings.
Dudes are praying for lamar odom not to him.

I cant believe we comparing lamar odom to jesus christ

This is true but eem if u think Jesus was real or not there are billions of people who lead a life based on his teachings.
Dudes are praying for lamar odom not to him.

I cant believe we comparing lamar odom to jesus christ
but christians as a whole are more dangerous than athiests/agnostics

look at the crime stats....

It's against the rules to make fun of other members. There's a way to keep it in good fun but you don't know how the person is gonna take it and it could incite a flame war which will get you banned. Why waste your energy going back and forth over meaningless, negative crap?
It's a slippery slope.

Most of the people in here seemingly want the positive attention that comes from making fun of someone, but they don't want the negative attention that comes from being made fun of.  You can't have it both ways.

Bottom line:  if nobody likes being insulted, the rules should prohibit insults.  

This whole "well, he deserves to be insulted" loophole some people are trying to claim is complete nonsense.  Everyone thinks their own insults are somehow justified in the moment.  If you let that play out, it quickly devolves into a spiral of retribution.  Everyone needs to get back at somebody else to "save face."  The whole thing is massively insecure and just makes the forums a less welcoming and fun place to be.  

The difference between NikeTalk and unmoderated spaces is that we have standards and we hold each other accountable.  It's like asking people to sit at a sporting event.  If everyone tries to stand to get a better view, everyone's less comfortable and nobody gets a better view.  Yes, asking our fellow members to refrain from insults/personal attacks restricts your expression somewhat, but we think it's a worthy trade to spare us all from the worst aspects of Internet cowardice.  

Too often, the Internet becomes a global race to the bottom for attention.  If you want to get noticed in a family, all you have to do is be more outrageous than your siblings.  If you want to get noticed in a school, suddenly an attention seeker has to go further in order to stand out from among hundreds of classmates.  The Internet takes that problem and multiplies it exponentially.  

"Pay attention to me, I'm a big shot!"  "No, pay attention to me, I'm having a mental breakdown!"  "Forget those people.  I'm a big shot AND I'm having a mental breakdown!"  "Pay attention to me, because I'm the guy who's gonna drive the big shot with a mental breakdown to suicide!"  

We're trying our best to facilitate a community environment in which the best way to create meaningful connections with others is through POSITIVE behaviors - not negative behaviors.  You should get more mileage out of being helpful than being rude, by bringing people together through humor rather than using it to tear others down and gain notoriety.  

The scope of the larger Internet encourages "hit and run" behavior, where you have no lasting connection to anyone and people don't care where the attention comes from as long as it comes from someone.  Our community operates on a much smaller scale, so there are costs and consequences associated with predatory attention seeking.  That person you insulted on Monday will still be here on Friday.  You're going to see them often.  Creating a feud with that person for a momentary burst of attention should not be worth it.  

We're trying hard to maintain a space that's above the petty, vindictive, and puerile "Lord of the Flies", high school cafeteria politics that have become so pervasive elsewhere and encourage people just to be decent to each other.  

The community is at its best, to me, when each individual's personality is viewed as a unique contribution to the whole.  The fact that you actually know three or four different facts about dozens of different community members is something that should help bring us together, not something to be exploited as a collection of "weak spots" to stab in the event of attention deficit.  

Look at the success of something like the Secret Santa thread.  People there take what they know about each other and use that to make each other's lives better.  I wish we could see more of that and less of this "Mean Girls" style jockeying for status.  

This whole "well, he deserves to be insulted" loophole some people are trying to claim is complete nonsense. Everyone thinks their own insults are somehow justified in the moment. If you let that play out, it quickly devolves into a spiral of retribution. Everyone needs to get back at somebody else to "save face." The whole thing is massively insecure and just makes the forums a less welcoming and fun place to be.

"The surest way to work up a crusade in favor of some good cause is to promise people they will have a chance of maltreating someone. To be able to destroy with good conscience, to be able to behave badly and call your bad behavior 'righteous indignation' — this is the height of psychological luxury, the most delicious of moral treats."

You said what's the difference between saying white woman and the n word? Lock this up please
laugh.gif
that is not what he said though 
laugh.gif
How is saying he married a white woman different from saying don't marry a n word unless he's rich???
he's saying if you're going to criticise someone's partner because of their life choices/personality that has nothing to do with race to leave race out of it. 

he's saying if you're going to criticise someone's partner because of their life choices/personality that has nothing to do with race to leave race out of it.
ok but there's clearly difference between "he married a white woman" and " don't marry a n... unless he's rich"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom