• No Man's Sky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skate 4

• Unnaounced Star Wars game?

• Total voters
I've pre ordered VR.

Unlike motion controls (in 2D space) or Kinect it's just a natural extension/ progression of how we view media and play games which is why a lot of the major companies are getting involved with VR in one way or another. Full immersion is something I've always want which you can't get on a 2D screen which is why I'm ready to pay £350 for it.

It's nothing new but only tech has held us back from being able to make it work but now that we have the tech capable of running VR, it's coming out.

Still though, no harm in waiting since the headsets are not cheap. As excited as I am for it PS VR's price was the maximum I would have paid. No way I could get an Oculus or Vive.

I genuinely think VR will stay but after the initial wave of titles and mini experiences, they better get onto full fledged games fats. We've seen a few like RE7 and Ace Combat 8 but everyone will need to be on board.

Serious question: Will there ever be another game that is 100% exclusive to an Xbox console?? Like EVER again? Every big "exclusive" announcement they have for the Xbox One is like:

"Coming exclusively for Xbox One!"*
*Also coming for Windows 10

Don't care how powerful they make the new console because PCs are getting more powerful by the month and you can always upgrade them, so it cannot compete when it comes to power. Power is never what made consoles great, games were. Otherwise, the Atari Jaguar would've been a better console than the SNES and the Genesis. The Xbox as a console is becoming as pointless as a solar powered flashlight.

I think all games going forward will be for Windows 10 as well.

While PC's will always be more powerful, I can't remember the last time consoles will be this close to PC in terms of specs since the early years of last gen. Scorpio will still be hamstrung by the xbone but you get the convenience factor with a console. The only problem is do you want convenience at the cost of paying for live or do you build a powerful PC with free online and the same games.

Well I probably won't even bother commenting on Nintendo, so I'm done in this thread and back to the PS and Xbox threads. It's been a pleasure, til next year fellas :pimp:

One last time....

**** XBOX :smokin

While PC's will always be more powerful, I can't remember the last time consoles will be this close to PC in terms of specs since the early years of last gen. Scorpio will still be hamstrung by the xbone but you get the convenience factor with a console. The only problem is do you want convenience at the cost of paying for live or do you build a powerful PC with free online and the same games.
By the time Scropio actually gets released, it won't be that close anymore though because new upgrades for the PC will become available.

I hate seeing Xbox become obsolete like this because for me the Xbox 360 was the best console this previous generation and I had some good times playing it.

And what's really weird to me is that Microsoft seem to be pround of this and use it as a selling point. They're like "You'll be able to play all your Xbox games on a PC! How awesome is that?!?" Can't they see that people will just say to themselves "well I might as well get a PC instead then".

Last edited:

By the time Scropio actually gets released, it won't be that close anymore though because new upgrades for the PC will become available.

I hate seeing Xbox become obsolete like this because for me the Xbox 360 was the best console this previous generation and I had some good times playing it.

And what's really weird to me is that Microsoft seem to be pround of this and use it as a selling point. They're like "You'll be able to play all your Xbox games on a PC! How awesome is that?!?" Can't they see that people will just say to themselves "well I might as well get a PC instead then".

Because a good portion of the gaming community don't want to go through the process of building and maintaining a PC. Saying this as a PC and Xbox One owner.

How often will a parent buy their children a console or a built PC?

Last edited:

It makes sense for them with their WIN 10 initiative but it does devalue their consoles.

PC/PS4 combo will cover all bases though while only paying for one sub.

Because a good portion of the gaming community don't want to go through the process of building and maintaining a PC. Saying this as a PC and Xbox One owner.

How "good" of a portion are we talking about? It definitely won't be the entire portion, far from it. And the Xbox One isn't marketed as a children's console like the Wii is anyway. Especially the more advanced scorpio. That thing will cost $600, AT LEAST. Those will have to be some rich parents to buy their child that console, especially because everything that will be on it will still be playable on the ordinary Xbox One.

A single game can be the selling point for a console, if that game is good enough. There are some PC owners who bought a PS4 just because of Bloodborne.

Last edited:

How "good" of a portion are we talking about? It definitely won't be the entire portion, far from it. And the Xbox One isn't marketed as a children's console like the Wii is anyway. Especially the more advanced scorpio. That thing will cost $600, AT LEAST. Those will have to be some rich parents to buy their child that console, especially because everything that will be on it will still be playable on the ordinary Xbox One.

A single game can be the selling point for a console, if that game is good enough. There are some PC owners who bought a PS4 just because of Bloodborne.

IMO, I don't think kids in the 12-18 range want a Nintendo system though. They want to play the major AAA shooters and what not with their friends.

Last edited:

By the time it releases prices will have lowered and also they are buying in bulk the parts so they get it at a lower price. I'm going with $499 and the normal Xbox will be at $199

also to the other point, Sony sold 40million Ps4's on the backs of multiplayer games that are better on the PC. PC gamers are PC gamers and console gamers are console gamers. People that only play Madden, Cod etc yearly aren't going to build PCs no matter if it's cheaper( I mean a mass exodus. Of course you will get people that do but I'm talking broader)

With MS putting their software on Wondows 10, they increase the audience that they reach for sales and also force you to use their ecosystem. What's better selling an extra million or 2 of gears and the associated microttansactions and getting users in your system or selling a few hundred thousand consoles at no profit.

This thread moved as quick as the Finals :lol: anyone know if the Crash Bandicoot remasters will be PS4 exclusive or will it hit XB1 eventually?

How is it obsolete ? You're worried about the wrong things, everyone isn't jumping ship,
Going from console to win 10 cuz of cross play. You don't see one the main benefit of this?

Community.

They are creating an ecosystem because regardless if you cop gears on Xbox or pc, MS wins. $$$$$

Blaster is super washed. 8 hours? You're blessed bro lol.

I can't do the energy drinks, I've been addicted to ice coffee recently. I had a smoothie this am however. Need a break from the caffeine

Get a 15 min nap in on lunch DD

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom