Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Man's Sky

• Skate 4

• Unnaounced Star Wars game?

• Total voters
What does it mean when they said Kojima's trailer was "running in real time"?

As in it's not pre rendered CGI like a pixar film but instead whatever engine they're using is rendering that scene on the fly so basically, the game itself will look like that or very close to it.

I saw it charting high on the Amazon charts few weeks back but I forgot about it after E3.

I don't even think they have much of a presence this time at E3. I'm sure they'll get a marketing boost before release though or something

Sony Addresses The Power Gap Between PS4 Neo and Xbox One Scorpio

“Is that going to be the end-all, be-all of the gaming experience? No,” he said. “I think more than anything else today, we’re seeing the power of narrative move the gaming business forward more than ever before.”
meanwhile on pc:

gtf1080-800.gif

Seems like the should have had some sort of presence there

They have to be at the point where they could put a plyable demo on the floor right?

Seems like the should have had some sort of presence there

They have to be at the point where they could put a plyable demo on the floor right?

Just checked and wasn't even on the floor. They probably had no plans for it on the show floor before it got delayed.

What? 

I'll agree with you that power or performance has taken a back seat with the introduction of the Wii, but Nintendo was at the forefront of the "arms race" with the introduction of the NES. They simply got overtaken.

And it's about their IP and games (which are the same thing unless I misunderstand you)? That is true, but when your software is exclusive to your hardware, the hardware then becomes just as important.

Have you been a Nintendo fan long? You're last sentence could have literally been said after the last four E3 conferences.

Nintendo makes GREAT games. You just have to wait 6 months in between releases with nothing else to play. 

Nintendo never got over taken, they made a conscious decision not to make a super powerful machine. It worked out very well in the last generation, not so much this gen. Their output is among the best in the industry in terms of the overall number of games they produce on a yearly basis. The only reason they have big gaps is becasue they don't have 3rd party support in between releases. They are the only developer who could support a home console all by themselves with little to no 3rd party support. Not to mention all of the games they put on their handheld device.

And I stand by my statements on Nintendo's focus. Power does play a factor, but it's never the MAIN factor in Nintendo's decision making. It only a means to an end. Sure, they may leverage their systems power as a means to advertise to attract a certain audience, like the picture iYen iYen put up, but that was never their main agenda when they create their systems.They FOCUS on their IP and new ways to experience these games. This is proven by the fact every Nintendo system comes with a new controller.

The reason I said they'll have a lot to show later is becasue they will be revealing the NX later this year. They didn't show much at E3 becasue they are saving all of the heavy hitting announcements when they unveil the NX this fall. Ya'll really think Nintendo not having much to show for the Wii U at the past two E3's means they're just sitting around?? :lol:

They're preparing for one of the biggest console launches ever.

Last edited:
Literally the only generation where their console was the most powerful.

- Sega Master System was more powerful than the NES.

- Genesis had faster graphics processing than the SNES, but SNES had better colors. But if you count the Sega 32X and the Sega CD who were also a part of that generation, then they were easily the more powerful. Plus there were other more powerful consoles that generation like the Neo Geo and the Atari Jaguar

- The original Xbox was more powerful than the GameCube

- Both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 were more powerful than the Wii

- Both the PS4 and the Xbox One are more powerful than the Wii U

- It looks like both the PS4 Neo as well as the Xbox One Scorpio will be more powerful than the NX

Power never makes the consoles great. Games do.

Who really cares about exclusives that much? Does it make people feel good that they're in a select few who own it?

IMO that's one of the main reasons to own a console is to play their exclusive titles. Sony and Microsoft are always pushing for exclusive titles, otherwise it wouldn't make sense to play the same game on inferior hardware.

Who really cares about exclusives that much? Does it make people feel good that they're in a select few who own it?

This a serious question? :x
If so then yes. I like impressing myself with "rare" games. :lol:

Last edited:
Um, console exclusives influence a gamer's decision to buy one console over another, so yes it would benefit a first party developer to make quality games :lol:

Xbox is becoming irrelevant and console exclusive games don't really matter.

This thread.

Sea of Thieves actually look good. Other than Gears having Horde, nothing really impressed me. What pissed me off was all these "exclusives" are going to be on PC as well. What's the point of an Xbox One then? People are better off buying/using a PC that they can upgrade, play online for free, yet they're trying to sell slim versions of Xbox One this year and then releasing a powerful Xbox One next year? Doesn't make sense, some people at Microsoft need to be fired. I can see it after another couple next gen console gaming, Xbox will be gone and Microsoft will solely focus on PC gaming. One of the biggest features of having a console over a PC is exclusives.

mean.gif
I understand your perspective, but microsoft has already responded adequately to these criticisms.

Here's my perspective.

Benefits:
  1. You can play a game on any win10 device. Start a game at home, continue on your powerbook or tablet.
  2. More revenue/players for game devs.
  3. Crossplay/crossbuy.
  4. forward compatibility. You're now buying a game that goes where you go, instead of dealing with lack the of backwards compatibility. microsoft would be deading the remaster trend.
Cons:

1.None in my opinion.
 What's the point of an Xbox One then?
The xb1 is a focused pc. It's been like that since it released, since it's based on x86. The xb1 is for console gamers. PC is for pc gamers. I don't think seasoned console gamers will just flip a switch to become pc gamers. I highly prefer console gaming, but I'll be dipping my feet into pc gaming soon. It took me about a year to convince myself to delve into pc. So far, the intro to pc gaming has been a slight headache.

pc building questions I had to answer

Prebuilt pc or build my own? amd or nvidia. freesync or g-sync? 1080p/60fps or 1440p/60fps or 1080p/144fps? matx or itx? which mobo, case, cpu, gpu, cpu cooler, psu, and monitor do I get? overclock?

I say all that to say, I don't think seasoned console gamers will transition to pc gaming as easily as you make it seem. If the scorpio was releasing holiday 2016, I don't think I'd even build a pc.

microsoft's offering options. The exclusives you want are still going to be on xbox and the revenue they get from win10/xbox will lead to more exclusives(they've said this).

I've yet to build my pc because the amd cards haven't released. pc could be cool or I could dislike it. This whole xbox/win10 is part of the reason I decided to add a pc to my gaming arsenal.

xbox live now gives you monthly games. The closest thing to that on pc is origin access(pc ea access $30/month). A slim xbox was expected. The scorpio is basically the xbox people wanted during nov. 2013. I don't see how the scorpio xbox is bad. VR just released. You want microsoft to release their own version of vr? An add-on that you gotta hook up to your existing xbox one to get a subpar vr experience? Whereas the scorpio will have vr support built in.

console xbox isn't going anywhere soon. microsoft is just blurring the lines between console xbox(traditional xbox) and pc xbox(speading xbox benefits to win10).

Again, I get where you're coming from, but microsoft's utilizing their resources effectively imo.

Back
Top Bottom