Originally Posted by Hugo

there is 3 idiots kayaking in Georgetown on the Potomac -_-

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lls I just saw that on the news as well. That water is disgusting. And they are willingly frolicking in it....Smh. the rain and wind picked up in landover a bit...my directv keep chopping up...I'm tryna watch diary of a Wimpy kid
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Deep down NYers are enjoying this, people will be getting drunk tonight....I remember the black out....the streets were LIVVVEEEEE
As long as my windows are intact and HBO Sunday is not effected by a power outage, I'm loving it. I have 25 bottles of wine and cognac stored at my crib that were intended for my cousins first birthday party that was moved from today to next Saturday. Almost done with my first bottle of white wine. Going to sneak in a rooftop jigga in a hour or two before it starts getting bad 
pimp.gif

Ordered a **%%#$%% of sushi earlier today on some last meal #!$$ 
laugh.gif
 Nothing but 2 sushi spots were delivering in my hood so I ordered some teriyaki and rolls for the fridge

Nothing to do with the hurricane but I heard there was a tiny quake in Albany, people are freaking out
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

This is crazy cuz Katrina reached its peak on Aug. 28th in 2005

Yeah I read that...sheesh...talk about coincidence.
How are you NTers holding up?  Rain is picking up around me, no noticeable wind speeds yet.

My area getting tore up. Power going out everywhere too. I'm mad people are comin in tryin to get photos developed like there aint *#+* going on.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

My area getting tore up. Power going out everywhere too. I'm mad people are comin in tryin to get photos developed like there aint *#+* going on.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

people's cable going out around here
pimp.gif
youtube

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by streethoopkilla

This is crazy cuz Katrina reached its peak on Aug. 28th in 2005

Yeah I read that...sheesh...talk about coincidence.
How are you NTers holding up?  Rain is picking up around me, no noticeable wind speeds yet.

Out in Queens, not as much wind but a good steady rain right now.

As I posted that, rain picked up
laugh.gif

raining pretty hard now. i'm just worried about my basement flooding. got the pump on hand, but if the power goes out i'm gonna be floating

the storm has just started in nyc

at the time the weather people said so

lets hope all nyc niketalkers will be safe

My mom came into my house singing "Come on Irene" to the tune of Come on Eileen by Dexy's Midnight Runners carrying a bag that she opened to reveal this, plus two bottles of red that are chilling by the window:
286438_2159604514162_1368000354_32220441_637708_o.jpg

roll.gif

Tornado watch for Westchsster.....stay safe 10piece and any other NTers in the nearby areas.

laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Best Buy in Howell, NJ

jv2ioz.png

As hurricane Irene bears down on the Jersey Shore, the Best Buy in Howell, NJ has taken it upon themselves sell cases of Dasani water for $40.56. One of the DJs for New Jersey 101.5 just sent this photo to theCHIVE.

At a time when it’s so important for these seaside communities to come together to help each other out (maybe even lower the price on water, eh), it’s disappointing to see a massive corporation like Best Buy not only assume zero social responsibility, but also go the extra mile to make a buck by selling bulk cases of water at the single bottle price during an emergency.

So I put it to you, Chivers. Is this ethical?

UPDATE: I just called Best Buy and spoke to one employee and a manager to confirm the photo. Both refused to answer my questions and told me I had to call corporate offices. My response was, ‘All you have to do is deny that you are doing this. It’s that simple.’
Neither party denied it. Instead I was rudely directed to corporate and then they hung up on me.

Link

Back
Top Bottom