Eats, Shops, Cool Places to Check out in Los Angeles? Help!

I'm headed to Los Angeles next weekend and would love for some recommendations of places to check out. They could be good famous places to eat or shop. I've done the club thing so im not to in to that right now. Help me out! our hotel is in Anaheim near Disneyland but i don't mind driving up to thedowntown or Hollywood area.

ive gotten the usually recommendations so far...

- Hollywood walk of fame area
- Santa Monica Pier
- Downtown Disney
- Roscoe's
- City Walk
- The Block

if you like japanese...hit up little tokyo. mad sushi and ramen joints. while youre there, hit up archrival and rif.

Hit up the alleys in Downtown L.A Fashion District.
Beverly Hills-Rodeo Drive
House of Hoops in the Beverly Center
Pico-Union District
Plaza Mexico in Lynwood
Niketown
Skid Row

Randy's Donuts on La Cienega
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Infamous Solaga

Pico-Union District
Plaza Mexico in Lynwood
Niketown
Skid Row
great suggestions
indifferent.gif

check out the old bank district in downtown la then go to blends and eat at pete's cafe. from there, go to little tokyo and scope out archrival and rifthen walk around to work up an appetite. go back to archrival and face it, then go to the sushi spot on the left and order monk fish liver. it is so damn good.these suggestions put the toad whom i quoted and his suggestions to shame.

Pico-Union District
Plaza Mexico in Lynwood
Niketown
Skid Row
Seriously? You tryin to send this guy to Skid Row for some sightseeing? I mean, I dont claim to be an LA expert (more of an OC dude myself) butdamned if that is not the worst list of places to go in LA for someone who is visiting.

I'm not really one for the sights myself, I'm more of an eater so I can give you some tips on where to grab some grub.

Right near Little Tokyo they opened up this sausage joint that is pretty tasty. They have a buncha different German and Belgian brews on tap. The place isfull of douchey hipster cool kids but if you dont mind that crowd and just wanna get a good high quality sausage, this is the place. They have your standardvariety like hotlinks, brats, etc... but they also got some more interesting ones if youre adventurous like duck, rattlesnake, alligator, and stuff like that. Its called Wurstkuche, and you should be able to look it up and find the address.

If you are going to go to the Santa Monica Pier/3rd Street Promenade you have to stop by Bay Cities Deli and grab a sandwich first (if you are with a friend,order 2. Godmother w/ works + mild peppers and Hot Pastrami w/ works + hot peppers (if you can handle a bit of heat)... thank me latear). I like to grab acouple of sandwiches and walk down to the pier/beach and sit out there and eat. Its maybe 3/4 of a mile from the beach so its not a bad walk at all.

Hankerin for a Burger? Go check out Umami Burger which is on La Brea. If you are going to do the whole La Brea shopping thing anyways (UDFTD, Union, Stussy,etc...) its right on the way. The fries there are trash, even though I always order them. My favorite burger there is the standard Umami Burger, the TruffleBurger, or the Manly Burger (which has nice chunks of lardon in the burger). In my opinion this is the best burger in LA. Even better than Father'sOffice. If you are a burger aficionado you probably also want to try out Father's Office in Culver City and/or Santa Monica (2 locations). Its a pain inthe #$# here cause the seating is first come first serve with no host so you kinda have to fend for yourself, but the food is solid. Just a heads up. Father's Office is a BAR, so if you are underage you are SOL. It's pretty famous for its burger even outside of LA, so its definitely worth a stop.

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

^^ cant forget Crenshaw and Imperial
Hood Classic
laugh.gif
florence and crenshaw
pimp.gif

slauson swapmeet
pimp.gif

go kick it with them hoover boys. not into the hoovers, go down hyde park blvd with the 60s

LA is one hell of a city, you'll be driving down a street in the straight hood. cross a major intersection and you living the high life. its night and day

You could also check Melrose / Fairfax District (Undefeated / Flight Club LA / Supreme / Sportie LA) and you can see all the wannabe actors walking up and downthe street in their Ed Hardy gear. Make sure to stop by Pinks on La Brea and Melrose for hot dogs

Originally Posted by doosta45

Hood Classic
laugh.gif
florence and crenshaw
pimp.gif

slauson swapmeet
pimp.gif

go kick it with them hoover boys. not into the hoovers, go down hyde park blvd with the 60s

LA is one hell of a city, you'll be driving down a street in the straight hood. cross a major intersection and you living the high life. its night and day

wat u bang homeboy??

LOL jk

wassup with u man, where u stay at?

I was born in southcentral but raised in long beach. I know 20s, 60s, hoovers, grape street, piru, longos, and asian boys
laugh.gif

hell we buried my uncle today that was an OG 20s.

Do I bang bang, no. But if they ask where I'm from I'm 60s
pimp.gif

I was born in southcentral but raised in long beach. I know 20s, 60s, hoovers, grape street, piru, longos, and asian boys
laugh.gif

hell we buried my uncle today that was an OG 20s.

Do I bang bang, no. But if they ask where I'm from I'm 60s
pimp.gif

damn, im sorry to hear that, bout ur uncle

was his death gang related?

u get banged on in the LBC?

it wasnt gang related, more police related. funeral was all messy. all the 20s came out in they steelers gear. then they started arguing at the burial siteabout nonsense.
laugh.gif
ALOT of OGs came through too and gangsters turned ministers.

depending on the part of long beach im in, but they know me. but when im out in LA, yes. my ex dad stay on florence and 6th and her sister stay on hyde parkand 10th. im an outside guy, so i like to walk around so they try to test me because im a frail dude with glasses, but i let em know whats up. plus i wear mycincy hat alot, but ill throw on my twins fitted and its all good in the neighborhood.

but back on topic, hit up some malls in LA, rodeo drive, sunset strip, clubs in LA/hollywood, pinks, roscoes, la zoo

Go to Wurstkuche!!!!!!! When you walk in it looks small, but you walk down the long hallway to the dining area it's really nice. It gets crowded butit's a good spot rather than all the typical tourist spots.

Hood Classic
laugh.gif
florence and crenshaw
pimp.gif

slauson swapmeet
pimp.gif

go down hyde park blvd with the 60s

a dude I know got killed around hyde park the other day, only 17 years old too smh
smh.gif

Pico-Union District
Plaza Mexico in Lynwood
Niketown
Skid Row
laugh.gif
me and my mans used to bag broads from that place on theweekends back in like 2004-05. they had some low key decent shoe spots inside that indoor plaza looking thing too. i was about to get a pair of altitudexiii's from there a few months after they came out.

YOU MIGHT WANNA CHECK THE SWAPMEET AT PICO-WESTERN ALL THE PAISAS BE AT.
IF YOU LIKLE DANCING CHECK LEONARDOS DE LA BREA ITS BETWEEN OLYMPIC BLVD. AND WILSHIRE BLVD.
YOU ALSO WANNA CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
KOREATOWN
ALAMEDA SWAPMEET
THE GROVE
MELROSE AVE
RANCHO LOS AMIGOS
LA SIERRA NIGHT CLUB
7TH + FIG

Back
Top Bottom