eBay/Paypal situation

Bought a Macbook Air the other day on eBay for $430 used, it was a last minute decision but I pulled the plug and won the auction last second.  The user didn't have any feedback but did have the eBay protection on there, a week and a half later, after putting a payment in through Paypal, still nothing.  Dude doesn't respond to any messages, through eBay or his email.  Only info I have is his name, email and he does live very close by to me in Long Island...any tips as far as what to do to either get my money back through eBay, Paypal or my bank, or any NT detectives have anyway of finding dudes address? 

eBay and Paypal cater more to the buyer then seller these days so if you file the proper disputes I dont think you should have any problem getting your money back. It might take some time but in the end you should be able to retrieve your funds. If he lives close id most def pay him a visit though. 

file a Paypal claim; you are the one who was naive to buy a Macbook from a 0 feedback seller

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

it was through Debit, not credit.

Debit or credit makes no difference through eBay. If the seller can't provide tracking with confirmation of delivery u will get ur money back

it was through Debit, not credit.

eek.gif
 I would never give Paypal debit card information; that is your actual money 

^ yeah but do I go through Paypal or Chase about the situation? I know eBay has there buyers protection also...been awhile since i've purchased anything through eBay and so much has changed since with all there new policys, etc.

^ yeah but do I go through Paypal or Chase about the situation? I know eBay has there buyers protection also...been awhile since i've purchased anything through eBay and so much has changed since with all there new policys, etc.

File a claim with eBay call them up

Time for some shoulder applause?

Only a matter of time before the Nas gif...

Could it be same frail, man twerking Asian that got Henz0?

you are covered 100% and will receive every single dime back no matter what.

the seller could come through and still ship it out. ive had it happen many times with new sellers.

on ebay you have nothing to worry about. its very hard to get scammed.

so honestly, give it a few more days if you want the laptop that bad. if seller doesnt respond or nothing arrives just file a dispute and wait and you will get your money back.

The seller could do you dirty if he wants to/ is smart enough.

All hed have to do is send out anything in a box with a tracking number once paypal contacts him about sending out the item.

Happened to me before, luckily it was only for $40. Instead of chrome pillars for my car door ... I received soy sauce, a chinese menu and some junk mail in a box.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by whyte1der05five

All hed have to do is send out anything in a box with a tracking number once paypal contacts him about sending out the item.

Happened to me before, luckily it was only for $40. Instead of chrome pillars for my car door ... I received soy sauce, a chinese menu and some junk mail in a box.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
thats grimey,had this happen to me with some pre heat lebrons on ebay.won the listing for 650 and the dude sent me a fake pair
indifferent.gif
but i always video tape opening new stuff from sellers i never dealt with and decided to tape myself opening the box and ofcourse dude sent me some fakes with chinese stickers still attached to the shoe box smh. called paypal right away and explained, emailed over some pictures and sent them the video and the next day i had the money back in my account.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

thats grimey,had this happen to me with some pre heat lebrons on ebay.won the listing for 650 and the dude sent me a fake pair
indifferent.gif
but i always video tape opening new stuff from sellers i never dealt with and decided to tape myself opening the box and ofcourse dude sent me some fakes with chinese stickers still attached to the shoe box smh. called paypal right away and explained, emailed over some pictures and sent them the video and the next day i had the money back in my account.

See I did the same thing.   I filed a claim with paypal after 2 weeks.  As soon as the claim went thru he shipped out the same day. It didnt seem right to me but whatever. 
When the package showed up in was in a tiny square box ( Theyre supposed to come in a tube, similar to poster tubes.)   I called paypal up and told them this guy is ripping me off, he created the tracking number a few days ago and now the package showed up in a little box.  Paypal told me I have to open it, So I did.  I recorded and took pictures of it while I was on the phone with them.   Paypal still did not care. Gave me some BS about how the box could have been tampered with.

The junk mail in the package had his name/address on it and everything.  Guy lived in Downtown Brooklyn which is a 10 min ride for me. 

I just took the L and decided jail or the hospital over $40 isnt a great idea.

lol when I get home ill see if i still have the pics and video of it.

just out of curiosity what was the condition of the macbook air to be won for $430.00?

indifferent.gif

See I did the same thing.   I filed a claim with paypal after 2 weeks.  As soon as the claim went thru he shipped out the same day. It didnt seem right to me but whatever. 
When the package showed up in was in a tiny square box ( Theyre supposed to come in a tube, similar to poster tubes.)   I called paypal up and told them this guy is ripping me off, he created the tracking number a few days ago and now the package showed up in a little box.  Paypal told me I have to open it, So I did.  I recorded and took pictures of it while I was on the phone with them.   Paypal still did not care. Gave me some BS about how the box could have been tampered with.

The junk mail in the package had his name/address on it and everything.  Guy lived in Downtown Brooklyn which is a 10 min ride for me. 

10 mins? damn that must've taken a TON of self-restraint.

File a dispute with paypal and you'll get your money back no problem.
I run an eBay store and use paypal for all my transaction. 

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
This is the reason why it's so hard to trust anyone. Even on Craigslist....

Back
Top Bottom