EBAY shipping

Let say you purchased something off EBAY and the seller put an amount of $19.99 for shipping. When you got the package, it only cost him $12 to ship. Questionis, do you have the right to ask the difference back? Thanks

Revised.. is it ok to ASK for the diffrence?

no hes charging more to cover himself on the fees...your not supposed to do it but everyone does

Originally Posted by EVObee

Let say you purchased something off EBAY and the seller put an amount of $19.99 for shipping. When you got the package, it only cost him $12 to ship. Question is, do you have the right to ask the difference back? Thanks

no
you gotta understand that shipping also cover ebay fees, paypayl fees, buying the box if neeeded, etc......................

no it covers for shipping supplies ebay and paypal fees and also gas if he needs to drive to the post office

Next time you go buy some milk, do you ask how much it "really" cost them to ship the item
to their store? Chances are you do not.

You knew your total price before you paid...so what are you complaining about.

I'm not complaining Sir. It was just a simple yes or no and a little bit of explanation. . And your milk comparison is weak .. Also don't ever talk tome like i'm your son because i might be older than you. I respect people here and I expect the same thing. This site is where you get some info/answers toquestions that people have. If you don't have anything.. and i mean ANYTHING good to say, then just don't post at all... To the people who answered myquestion, thank you very much, appreciated. MODS you can lock this. thanks

I hate dealing with customers who ask for the difference of the shipping and handling price. It's called shipping and handling for a reason.

It doesn't matter that you think it's unfair - you agreed to it when you put your bid in.

Remember that it also covers packaging - the seller probably needs things like padded envelopes and tape and stuff so that is part of the cost too.

I'm not complaining Sir. It was just a simple yes or no and a little bit of explanation. . And your milk comparison is weak .. Also don't ever talk to me like i'm your son because i might be older than you. I respect people here and I expect the same thing. This site is where you get some info/answers to questions that people have. If you don't have anything.. and i mean ANYTHING good to say, then just don't post at all... To the people who answered my question, thank you very much, appreciated. MODS you can lock this. thanks

before you come here and post a question like that, did you do a google search... or something, you should relax and breath.

almost everyone over charges shipping. I personally dont do it, usually i put $8 shipping and it costs me about $7.

no

when i sell sneakers on ebay i charge $20. reason being is for 1 im in alaska, it costs a little more to ship, delivery confirmation, gas money since the postoffice is 11 miles away, box is 3 bucks at my local walmart, and some ebay and paypal fees. and most of the time it comes out my pocket because its usuallyabout 15 just to ship

Originally Posted by cesarhpr1986

I'm not complaining Sir. It was just a simple yes or no and a little bit of explanation. . And your milk comparison is weak .. Also don't ever talk to me like i'm your son because i might be older than you. I respect people here and I expect the same thing. This site is where you get some info/answers to questions that people have. If you don't have anything.. and i mean ANYTHING good to say, then just don't post at all... To the people who answered my question, thank you very much, appreciated. MODS you can lock this. thanks

before you come here and post a question like that, did you do a google search... or something, you should relax and breath.

I am relaxed believe it or not, i just hate it when people think that they have to make fun, make smart comment or belittle the person who is askingsomething. And to Mr. KD, I never said it was unfair, i just wanted to know if it was ok to ask the seller that's all. I never asked any seller about itanyway, I was just curious.

Baron and King thanks for answering the question, apprciate it

wow. how could you ever think it was alright to ask for the money back? you must be about 11 years old or so huh

Originally Posted by cesarhpr1986

I am relaxed believe it or not, i just hate it when people think that they have to make fun, make smart comment or belittle the person who is asking something. And to Mr. KD, I never said it was unfair, i just wanted to know if it was ok to ask the seller that's all. I never asked any seller about it anyway, I was just curious.

Baron and King thanks for answering the question, apprciate it

this is NT.

i think you're looking for an adult board with mostly 35+ y.o. people.
eyes.gif

but yeah i see that and im just like... eh.. move on.

No, it does not matter what it says on the postage, YOU AGREED to pay $19.99 for shipping.

Also,

It is called shipping AND HANDLING. There is more than just the postage that the seller pays to get you your package, for example gas to drive to the postoffice, box, tape.

It is called shipping AND HANDLING. There is more than just the postage that the seller pays to get you your package, for example gas to drive to the post office, box, tape.
exactly. I agree.

Sellers are getting carried away with shipping prices nowadays.

It used to be only 12 - 15 dollars shipping anywhere in the U.S.

Now they charge 20 or 17 dollars to cover the paypal and ebay fees.

I'm not cheap, but I don't like being taken advantage of. I understand if its overseas and the package is heavy than charge me 25 or 30 dollars butdomestic shipping, come on now?

Just from your responses in this thread, I can tell you are exactly the type of person who would ask for the difference to be refunded

Originally Posted by Maybach Music

I'm not cheap, but I don't like being taken advantage of. I understand if its overseas and the package is heavy than charge me 25 or 30 dollars but domestic shipping, come on now?

You do know that USPS prices increase like every other year right?

No it's not, for all the reasons already mentioned above but I recently paypal'd additional funds to a seller when I realized it cost the seller moreto ship than they were anticipating...

Originally Posted by Cutthroat417

Originally Posted by Maybach Music

I'm not cheap, but I don't like being taken advantage of. I understand if its overseas and the package is heavy than charge me 25 or 30 dollars but domestic shipping, come on now?

You do know that USPS prices increase like every other year right?
That's why FEDEX is the truth.
If there is one near you, use them.
They are alot cheaper and their tracking system is hell of alot better than usps too.
I've cashed MO's at the post office and gone to their competition for delivery. lol

Yall act like sellers aren't getting overzealous with the subjectivity of the "and handling" though. Dudes won't even adjust the price if youlive in the same or a neighboring state.

I absolutely can not stand it when people ask for the difference back. How cheap can people be? You knew how much it was going to cost when you bid, and youknew how much it cost when you paid, it's not like it was a surprise bill that popped up at the end.

I usually charge between $13-15 for shipping via USPS Priority. Matter of fact, I just shipped off a pair of shoes today. The actual postage was $8 and somechange. But, the box I used cost me $3. Not to mention the 20 minute drive to the post office.

Moral of the story: It's okay if the actual postage paid is less than what you agreed to pay for shipping charges--there are other costs that it coversbesides what the carrier charges. And besides, you agreed to it. How are you gonna complain about something you agreed to?

Back
Top Bottom