Ebay's Revised Buy-It-Now Policy Appreciation

I had no clue that they reworked their Buy-It-Now policy up until yesterday. So for those of you who do not know, this is what it says on their site. Thisfeature is so much better than the automatic omission on the first bid.

The following categories will have Longer Lasting BIN w.e.f 10/17/2007 with a price threshold of 50%.

1. Parts & Accessories (eBay Motors)
2. Tickets
3. Clothing, Shoes & Accessories
4. Cell Phones & PDAs

Price Threshold: 50%
i.e. The BIN option will be available on an item till the current bid reaches or exceeds 50% of the BIN price.

Note:For reserve price auctions, the Buy it Now option will continue to beavailable till the reserve price is met. The price threshold is only applicable once the reserve has been met or exceeded.

It means that if you see something for $0.1 and you bid on it. Somebody can still buy it now if your bid is lower than half of the reserve price. It used to bethat if you bid on it at all the buy it now option would dissappear.

Originally Posted by Patrik1tha1

this is better for the seller

yup but sux for the buyers
ohwell.gif

i still dont get it. why is it different? i know i read that guys reply but it didnt make any sense

Originally Posted by Ahmed Adudi

i still dont get it. why is it different? i know i read that guys reply but it didnt make any sense

if someone has a BIN price of $50 for example, usually once someone bids, the BIN option disappears but now even if someone bids, someone else still has theoption to BIN if the 1st person's bid was less than half of the BIN

Great for the seller..in fact, i'm gonna sell a few games tonight...good news

Does it really suck for buyers...or does it just suck for buyers who are scared to use Buy it Now?

IME, for normal everyday stuff and not hypebeast items (where there is a rediculously high BIN)..the bidding usually goes over what the BIN price was so itworks out for me. People are quick with the snibble bid to get rid of the BIN price

People are quick with the snibble bid to get rid of the BIN price
That was the biggest problem with the original BIN feature. I don't like having to put a reserve because that just adds cost to an auction. I think it's also good for buyers who can possibly hop on a good deal, like someone else said, sometimes items can go way over the BIN price that had beenset.

oooooooooooh i get it now. kinda sucks though. i dont buy much on ebay so hopefully it doesnt effect me

some dudes, even competitors will try to break the buy it now to screw the seller over...

the thing is the guy that breaks the buy it now, sometimes never bids on the item again....ridiculous.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Ahmed Adudi

if someone has a BIN price of $50 for example, usually once someone bids, the BIN option disappears but now even if someone bids, someone else still has the option to BIN if the 1st person's bid was less than half of the BIN

laugh.gif
no big deal...i always thought it was that way anyway
pimp.gif

eBay has ALOT of stuff to revise other than this Buy-It-Now stuff...

..I cant believe what ebay has become today.

Back
Top Bottom