Edge Of Tomorrow (2014) - Trailer - Tom Cruise,Emily Blunt

Just rewatched the movie...

I think the Omega lived at the end. Its blood went into Tom Cruise and it reset him to two days prior when it was still alive. When he lands in Europe it's just before the invasion (which ended up being an ambush like in the beginning of the film),. except this time Cruise won't be there to intercept the Alpha blood. The Omega took him out of the loop entirely.

Also..

how did Emily Blunt's character come to the conclusion that she lost the ability to reset? You reset upon death. How she gonna find that out without dying?

Cage woke up after getting the blood transplant. Rita escaped came to his room and was going to kill him, he then stopped her and told her he could feel that he no longer has the power.I am guessing that the same thing happened to her where she actually felt that the power was no longer with her
What I didn't get is why after he accessed the info and found where the Omega was why he didn't off himself right then and there. Like him staying alive to face off against the whole army didn't make any sense at all.

As far as the Omega
The Omega does not control time reset. It's a reflex and a safety mechanism. Whenever an alpha dies that reflex immediately kicks in and the day resets to the last point where all the alphas were safe/felt safe. When Cage got covered with the Alpha blood, he became an Alpha. This is why his death always triggers a time reset. At the end, the Omega dies first, then the Alpha dies. Cage also gets covered in the Omega's blood (before Cage dies), thus he became the new Omega. Since, Cage has a brain he can control the Omega's power w/o the alpha death sequence(The system is built solely for the safety of the Omega, so as far as thinking capabilities it only has function to analyze threats to its survival through the alpha death sequence). The point where he got off the helicopter before the meeting with the general is the last time he felt safe which is why that became his "save point." The Omega is also dead in this new timeline

Last edited:
With Cage having absorped the Omega powers does that basically mean he also lives forever?

For example, let's say he lives his life to fullest pounding out Rita's guts to Bolivia and lives to the ripe old age of 65 in this future. If he died of natural causes would his life reset to when he was in the helichoper?

just saw this movie.. had no expectations and i thought it was a very good movie.

i didnt even read the previews or waht it was about. going into a movie knowing nothing about it i think makes things more enjoyable.

i dont really see the elysium comparisons. this was way better than that movie. not saying elysium was bad, this was just a more fun, better sci flick imo.

tom cruise still got it

bonus: those with properly setup surround sound systems (proper speaker placement, it says DTS/DD when you play your movie on the receiver, and you are not one of the people who consider surround meaning all speakers are playing at the same time with the same sound) this had great separation and overalls ound to show case your system.

Back
Top Bottom