EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
say what you want. but if run TMC, billy owens, latrell sprewell etc mean nothing to you without googling them, then you might not be a true warriors fan. 

take it how you want it, if the shoe fits. if you werent a fan in 2012 when they won 23 games...

born in SF and been in the bay since the bay bridge was a buck. lived less than 3 miles from the cypress freeway during the 89 quake. so i KNOW what i'm talking about.

Then if you do grew up in the bay, then you should know what kind of fans the Warriors does have, loyal. Sure winnin the chip, Warriors gained a lot of fans and some just started following them last year so what? This is the same argument when the Giants won 3 in 5.

Dude couple pages back really said Bron lucky to be top 10 
roll.gif

Yikes.

Dude not gonna stop capping for lebron. Every warriors fan I know became a fan around 07 when that team upset Dallas. I'm far from a warrior fan but I can't not like them. Steph is amazing man, I've never seen anything like this in all my years. I enjoy witnessing the goat shooter... Shoot.

couldnt. clearly a phone typo.

still cant understand why dudes are mad. i agreed that curry was ahead of lebron, i never called dland24 a bandwagon fan...why yall mad? dmxfury, i've seen your posts, you think curry is better and clearly (could or couldnt) care less for lebron.

just proves my point that this thread is more about lebron hate than it is about answering the question with your honest opinion.

with all due respect, with the amount of trolling thats went on for pages and it being obvious that its a lebron hate v2 thread, other mods would have locked it by now...or at least deleted all of the trolling posts. 
a lebron faN that likes to whine and complain ..... 
roll.gif
  not surprising at all

Last edited:
Dude not gonna stop capping for lebron. Every warriors fan I know became a fan around 07 when that team upset Dallas. I'm far from a warrior fan but I can't not like them. Steph is amazing man, I've never seen anything like this in all my years. I enjoy witnessing the goat shooter... Shoot.
true thats when a lot of warriors fans became fans. nowadays, you see warriors jerseys in every city. jerseys in brooklyn? MSG? laker games? come on now. that screams bandwagon...especially for a team like the warriors that hasnt had much success before last year.

i say 8 of 10 strictly because of the warriors fan base OUTSIDE of the bay area, that was totally non existent before last year. the warriors won 23 games just 3 years ago and followed that up by 2 exits in playoffs. how many fans do you think the warriors had outside of the bay then? their "fanbase" has grown exponentially. 

a lebron faN that likes to whine and complain ..... 
roll.gif
  not surprising at all
clearly some of you guys need to be hooked on phonics.

lets recap. i agreed with most lebron haters when i said that curry was a better player. i never said anything to help lebrons case other than kawhi leonard and paul george arent better than him right now...

and i get flamed clearly because i dont hate lebron? bunch of trolls and haters in this lebron hate v2 thread

and again for those that still cant read...curry is better than lebron at this point.

you guys got it.

Last edited:
Same with the heat back in 2010. Whole world was a heat fans. Had the warriors not emerged last year u would be seeing Cleveland gear everywhere and I doubt dudes would be crying bandwagon. Matter of fact start of the year that's what it was, cavs fitteds and jerseys everywhere, when the previous year they were heat fans. Its just people gravitating to the #1 player in the league. Its cool to follow lebron from team to team when he's #1 but when stepg takes the throne u can't do it...

I can't co-sign the Warriors thing. They've had one of the most loyal fan bases in the league for a long time. Even when they were awful they were always near the top in attendance.

I can't co-sign the Warriors thing. They've had one of the most loyal fan bases in the league for a long time. Even when they were awful they were always near the top in attendance.

You know what's funny about this? It just isn't true. Somehow this became a cool thing to say but let's look at the facts.

2001-25th
2002-24th
2003-21st
2004-18th
2005-22nd
2006-10th (i think this was rhe we believe year)
2007-14th
2008-6th
2009--9th
2010-11th
2011-11th
2012-10th
2013-13th
2014-6th
2015-7th

So, no. When they were awful nobody was going to thwir games. The terrible Clippers had better attendance than them :lol:

Once they made the playoffs and began showing promis, they started moving up.

Same thing happens with every team but the whole "even when they sucked they were at the top" stuff always makes me chuckle :lol:

Last edited:
You know what's funny about this? It just isn't true. Somehow this became a cool thing to say but let's look at the facts.

2001-25th
2002-24th
2003-21st
2004-18th
2005-22nd
2007-14th
2008-6th
2009--9th
2010-11th
2011-11th
2012-10th
2013-13th
2014-6th
2015-7th

So, no. When they were awful nobody was going to thwir games. The terrible Clippers had better attendance than them :lol:

Same thing happens with every team but the whole "even when they sucked they were at the top" stuff always makes me chuckle :lol:

This is right before the Warriors were about to breakout as a playoff team:

What separates Warriors fans from other fans that support losing teams, however, is home game attendance. According to ESPN’s NBA Attendance Report for the 2010-2011, the Warriors' home-game attendance record, which is 10th in the league and exceeds that of eight playoff teams including: San Antonio Spurs, the team with the second-best record in the NBA, the Boston Celtics and the Oklahoma City Thunder—all title contenders.

In fact, for the past four seasons, home-game attendance records show that the Warriors average 18,811 fans per game, just 780 seats below Oracle Arena’s full capacity. Among teams that didn’t make the playoffs for the past four years, Warriors’ fan attendance record is the highest.

Over the past 33 seasons, interest in the Warriors, as measured by tickets purchased, has outpaced the team's on-court success 18 times.That's stunning when you consider we're talking about a team that has won 18 playoff games in the time it's taken the [Los Angeles] Lakers to make 31 postseason appearances.

2001-25th
2002-24th
2003-21st
2004-18th
2005-22nd
2007-14th
2008-6th
2009--9th
2010-11th
2011-11th
2012-10th
2013-13th
2014-6th
2015-7th

Sounds a bit like you jealous that the Warrior fan base is more loyal than your Clips.

Curious where you got these numbers. I would love to compare these with other teams.

Anyway, right after the Warriors got Baron is when people started to really show out and rightfully so.

However, even after the We Believe team, the numbers are remarkably great. After that We Believe year, we didn't make the playoffs until 2012. Look at the attendance though in between those years? You're telling me that isn't a pretty loyal fan base?

Nah it didn't just become a "cool thing to say," the myth so to speak regarding attendance is completely based in reality.

You wouldn't know this unless you were actually there or at least paying close attention before the We Believe era but the crowds at Oracle have been absolutely electric since the remodel at the turn of the century.

They may have been in the bottom half of attendance but the 15,000 fans that did show up were louder and more passionate than the 20,000 selling out the attendance leader's arena.

So yea it may be factually incorrect to say the Warriors led in attendance but if your own narrative is that the fan base wasn't one of the most loyal, wasn't one of the most passionate, even when the team was ***, then that's equally incorrect.

Last edited:
this is what it's like talking to Warriors fans. I brought out actual facts from ESPN's home attendance numbers which only go back to 2001. Facts that show the warriors hd some of the worst attendance numbers for five straight years, until they made the playoffs.

Then the first thing you say is I must be jealous :lol:

Im not even sure how you can measure passion but I was referring to the guy who literally said even when you guys sucked you guys were near the top in atrendance which is far from the truth.

Last edited:
Didn't you just use total numbers though? Which was then shown to be misleading?

Or was your stat adjusted for capacity?

Didn't you just use total numbers though? Which was then shown to be misleading?

Even when adjusted for percentage they only cracked the top 20 once and that was 18th. Then they made the playoffs and it jumped. Im saying this happens with every team in every sport but I've heard numerous times that the warriors have always been one of the league leaders in attendancec even prior to making the playoffs. It just isn't true. They do have loudest arena i've been to but I'm speaking strictly to that idea that they've always been a hot ticket. It just isnmt true lol

He knows what he's doing. :lol:

Look at you :lol: You think I'm on a mission to post false information about your warriors? :lol: Show me anything that shows you guys were anything but below avg.

Last edited:
this is what it's like talking to Warriors fans. I brought out actual facts from ESPN's home attendance numbers which only go back to 2001. Facts that show the warriors hd some of the worst attendance numbers for five straight years, until they made the playoffs.

Then the first thing you say is I must be jealous :lol:

Yeah and your actual facts also show that we were close to the Top 10 every year AFTER the We Believe year.

We had ONE playoff apperance from the We Believe year until 2012 but continued to be among the best in attendance. Let me know exactly what promise we had when it was just Monta with David Lee as our second best player? Still with that said, the fans were STILL coming out.

Last edited:
Even when adjusted for percentage they only cracked the top 20 once and that was 18th. Then they made the playoffs and it jumped. Im saying this happens with every team in every sport but I've heard numerous times that the warriors have always been one of the league leaders in attendancec even prior to making the playoffs. It just isn't true. They do have loudest arena i've been to but I'm speaking strictly to that idea that they've always been a hot ticket. It just isnmt true lol
Look at you :lol: You think I'm on a mission to post false information about your warriors? :lol: Show me anything that shows you guys were anything but below avg.

Btw, where did you find these numbers?

I'm curious to actually see what other teams were doing in attendance around that time.

Back
Top Bottom