EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
Kobe was an inefficent volume shooting Jordan clone.

basically... i respect kobe game a ton but he was nowhere near as efficient as jordan... because jordan damn near shot 50% from the field and as a volume scorer whos not a big man thats quite impressive...and steph curry is pretty good too but he needs to do it his whole career for me to respect his game compared to the all time greats...and when steph played there was no hand checking in this current era compared to when jordan and when kobe played...durant is pretty efficient as well... shaq in his prime is still the most dominant player i ever seen

basically... i respect kobe game a ton but he was nowhere near as efficient as jordan... because jordan damn near shot 50% from the field and as a volume scorer whos not a big man thats quite impressive...and steph curry is pretty good too but he needs to do it his whole career for me to respect his game compared to the all time greats...and when steph played there was no hand checking in this current era compared to when jordan and when kobe played...durant is pretty efficient as well... shaq in his prime is still the most dominant player i ever seen

Yeah, Kobe had overall a great career but his shooting selection sometimes made me rolling eyes or even facepalming.
I would say MJ was the most dominant backcourt player while Chamberlain and O'Neal the most dominant Frontcourt players.

Steph Curry only started getting good last year.

LeBron was dominating the entire season and were even the favorite to win the Finals even with Kevin Love and Irving injured.
You are obviously smoking crack.  Not only were the Warriors the favorites, Curry was the damn MVP of the league.

I totally agree Kobe and Lebron were never playing this level of dominance that Steph is displaying right now.

Only guys this dominant I've seen are Jordan, Shaq and Curry.

Heh? Kobe hasn't? :lol: dude you can't be serious and LeBron has as well. Don't be fooled g

What type of dominance are you talking about? Offensively? Because dude you have hi ys like T-Mac during his days with the Magic, Allen Iverson MVP year..cmon man lol and they were doing it with way less talent than what Steph has around him.

He's right.

There's been no one ever in this league who bends and breaks defenses like Curry. He doesn't have to rack up individual stats like assists to "make teammates better." His presence does that alone.

Last edited:
Taking Curry over prime AI and TMac is fine. But taking him over Heat Lebrin , Prime Wilt and Prime Kobe? We're getting ahead of ourselves.

I totally agree Kobe and Lebron were never playing this level of dominance that Steph is displaying right now.

Heh? Kobe hasn't? :lol: dude you can't be serious and LeBron has as well. Don't be fooled g

What type of dominance are you talking about? Offensively? Because dude you have hi ys like T-Mac during his days with the Magic, Allen Iverson MVP year..cmon man lol and they were doing it with way less talent than what Steph has around him.

He's right.

There's been no one ever in this league who bends and breaks defenses like Curry. He doesn't have to rack up individual stats like assists to "make teammates better." His presence does that alone.

Dudes just don't understand.

They just see PPG and don't understand efficiency, gravity and getting easy shots for your teammates.

Taking Curry over prime AI and TMac is fine. But taking him over Heat Lebrin , Prime Wilt and Prime Kobe? We're getting ahead of ourselves.
Curry's True Shooting % is something that has never been done before in the NBA.  What he is doing at the efficiency clip he is doing it at is incredible.

He's right.

This simply is not true. To act like nobody has been dominant/breaks defenses as Steph Curry is blasphemy.

Last edited:

He's right.

This simply is not true. To act like nobody has been dominant/breaks defenses as Steph Curry is blasphemy.

Nah, I don't agree. I've never watched any player including Jordan literally have to be guarded as soon as he crosses the court. Jordan's range was not unlimited like Curry. Look at this

View media item 1890660
Insane. The warriors are are pacing ahead of the 96 bulls for 72 wins, they destroying their opponents (elite teams), got a championship, making history, leading the league in several statistical categories, I mean what more proof do you need?

Nah, I don't agree. I've never watched any player including Jordan literally have to be guarded as soon as he crosses the court. Jordan's range was not unlimited like Curry. Look at this

View media item 1890660
Insane. The warriors are are pacing ahead of the 96 bulls for 72 wins, they destroying their opponents (elite teams), got a championship, making history, leading the league in several statistical categories, I mean what more proof do you need?

Jordans main strength was his drive to the basket. Once he entered the paint the defense was trying to double and triple teaming him and even hack him.

Now you are saying curry is better than jordan because of the range?
If that is so, Bird, Reggie Miller, Ray Allen, are better than Jordan as a player too?

^

Lol I'm not going to attempt to answer that if you think Ray and Steph are in the same league.

That's not the point. But you claim that Curry is the best player ever because he can shoot from 9 m away from the basket.
His overall FG% is around 51% which is nothing special when you compare other top scorers from the past.
Basketball is not just about shooting well.
To me Bird, Magic, Chamberlain, Kareem are still more important basketball players than Curry has been so far.

Magic had to lead the Lakers in his rookie year in the finals and scored 42pts playing on all 5 positions. Where was Curry in his first 5 years?
He was just Allstar caliber.
Now he is averaging 30ppg and some people act like he would be averaging 40ppg and having won multiple championships.
He wasn't even the finals mvp last year.
Too much hype imo and we should rather let him play and discuss later after a few years. If you hype someone that much and that person fails, the media and haters will just bite him like sharks in blood rage.
That's what happened with Lebron in 2011 and 2014. Media hyped him too much and when he failed the same people just made a 180 turn.

Dudes gonna act like Steph isn't playing next to the best shooter in the NBA not named Stephon Curry as well :lol: dude has it made in that offense man.

Curry is my dude man..but relax on the claims

Last edited:
Dudes gonna act like Steph isn't playing next to the best shooter in the NBA not named Stephon Curry as well
laugh.gif
dude has it made in that offense man.

Curry is my dude man..but relax on the claims
People are going to act like Klay isn't on the receiving end of attention that Curry is getting.  There are 10 players in the NBA shooting 3's at a better percentage than Klay.  Lebron has one of those players on his team.

Steph Curry is what happens when you take a generational talent and put him on literally the PERFECTLY constructed roster to maximize his skill set.

It's almost like Draymond, Klay and even Andre Iguadala created a in a lab to make Steph Curry unstoppable.

and then put him in a league where the rules make him even more deadly.

This has happened for other super stars

-Jordan
-iso 90's rise of physical iso ball
-zone defense rules.
-hand checking (only the best athletes could dominate from the perimeter)
-Scottie Pippen and Grant/Rodman were basically the perfect running mates.
-expansion thinned out talent pool

Bill Russel
-small lane
-lack of coaching made his elite basketball IQ more valuable.
-lack of shooting
-no 3 point line

Magic
-played with Kareem
- primitive defenses
- zone rules

meanwhile Lebron and to a lesser degree Kobe were dealt relativity bad hands in terms of era and team mates.

-Lebron and Wade were a poor fit, but they overcame it becuase of talent
- the cavs current roster is basically obsolete in the modern NBA.
-illegal defense rules make it easier to contain iso scorers like Kobe. (Kobe dealt with this more in the second half of his career as team defenses got more sophisticated )

Last edited:
^

Lol I'm not going to attempt to answer that if you think Ray and Steph are in the same league.

That's not the point. But you claim that Curry is the best player ever because he can shoot from 9 m away from the basket.
His overall FG% is around 51% which is nothing special when you compare other top scorers from the past.
Basketball is not just about shooting well.
To me Bird, Magic, Chamberlain, Kareem are still more important basketball players than Curry has been so far.

Magic had to lead the Lakers in his rookie year in the finals and scored 42pts playing on all 5 positions. Where was Curry in his first 5 years?
He was just Allstar caliber.
Now he is averaging 30ppg and some people act like he would be averaging 40ppg and having won multiple championships.
He wasn't even the finals mvp last year.
Too much hype imo and we should rather let him play and discuss later after a few years. If you hype someone that much and that person fails, the media and haters will just bite him like sharks in blood rage.
That's what happened with Lebron in 2011 and 2014. Media hyped him too much and when he failed the same people just made a 180 turn.

Sigh...

You can't just compare raw numbers to those players with Steph.

He has the highest avg points per game in less minutes than anybody in the league. He scores in such a efficient and historically effective rate that some of the arcane statistics don't quantify the impact he has on the game of basketball.

Also comparing just shooting percentages isn't the same. Magic wasn't taking threes like Steph. He was mostly getting buckets from within the 3pt line. So his shots were easier to get over 50% in shooting. There are centers in the league who avg a higher shooting percentage than Steph but that doesn't make them a better scorer.

To compare Ray to Steph is just comparing shooting. Steph is already a better shooter but his impact is much more than just the traditional role player. His play directly makes the players around him much better. He does what SHAQ did but on the perimeter; drawing double teams, pick and rolls, which leads to wide open buckets for teammates.

When you have somebody who literally can shoot from anywhere on the court, create his own shot, can catch and shoot off the dribble, can pass, disruptive and pretty good on defense, great ball is, and other intangles it's nearly impossible to beat as we are seeing this season.

Last edited:
Because other people and the media didn't pay attention to Steph didn't mean he wasn't good. :lol: I feel because GSW wasn't good for awhile no one can't believe what's happening. That narrative "he's only been good for two years" is mad tired.

Sigh...

You can't just compare raw numbers to those players with Steph.

He has the highest avg points per game in less minutes than anybody in the league. He scores in such a efficient and historically effective rate that some of the arcane statistics don't quantify the impact he has on the game of basketball.

Also comparing just shooting percentages isn't the same. Magic wasn't taking threes like Steph. He was mostly getting buckets from within the 3pt line. So his shots were easier to get over 50% in shooting. There are centers in the league who avg a higher shooting percentage than Steph but that doesn't make them a better scorer.

To compare Ray to Steph is just comparing shooting. Steph is already a better shooter but his impact is much more than just the traditional role player. His play directly makes the players around him much better. He does what SHAQ did but on the perimeter; drawing double teams, pick and rolls, which leads to wide open buckets for teammates.

When you have somebody who literally can shoot from anywhere on the court, create his own shot, can catch and shoot off the dribble, can pass, disruptive and pretty good on defense, great ball is, and other intangles it's nearly impossible to beat as we are seeing this season.

Magic was impressive not because of scoring anyway but to create plays and the way he tricked his opponents with his assists. Magic isnt very athletic even for his era but he was a great basketball player.
Bird was the first long distance shooter and he proved to be clutch in the post season plus having also a great court Vision.

Curry has been great so far this season. But that's my point, it's the current season and not his 7.5 year nba career. We dont know how long his current performance can last.
As his game also relies on his quickness i would estimate 3-5 years before tailing off.
Too much hype isnt good.
Even the media hype around MJ in the late 1990's was a bit annoying to me and yes i say it as an MJ fan.

IMO I've never seen anyone play like Curry before. The closest thing would be Iverson. He was my hero growing up from middle school to highschool, post Jordan era. The way he would be able to cross up defenders and get to the bastard. But his shot was so inefficient, I'm sad to admit that Iverson would only dream to be able to shoot as well as Curry.

Back
Top Bottom