EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
I'm not going to let one series in the playoffs dictate how i feel about steph long term. he's still only 28 and is on a team that will always have a crack at the playoffs. the mvp award is handed out after an 82 game season and if you don't think steph's numbers were worthy of mvp consideration you're allowing your fandom, bias, and dislike of him to really blind you.

yes, he pissed the bed this series but I'm not going to be a prisoner of the moment and act like his career is over.

I'm not going to let one series in the playoffs dictate how i feel about steph long term. he's still only 28 and is on a team that will always have a crack at the playoffs. the mvp award is handed out after an 82 game season and if you don't think steph's numbers were worthy of mvp consideration you're allowing your fandom, bias, and dislike of him to really blind you.

yes, he pissed the bed this series but I'm not going to be a prisoner of the moment and act like his career is over.
I respect this answer. Well said.

I said the same thing 

Either

A. Steph is STILL the best

B. You never thought he was the best

Anyone that SWITCHED because of this series, that just makes no sense

He still a ***** *shrug* didn't son break his hand last night? Making sure he had a excuse if them free throws missed. Congrats tho. I will say this, I apologize for giving kyrie the nick name hot sauce. I officially retire that name and will put respect on the boys name. He got ice water in his veins, ice water.
I forgot you started that **** :rofl:

I respect this answer. Well said.

I said the same thing 

Either

A. Steph is STILL the best

B. You never thought he was the best

Anyone that SWITCHED because of this series, that just makes no sense

Option A is hilarious. It's not because the warriors failed to win the chip but curry was clearly underperforming in 6 out of 7 games.
When the late 1980s Bulls got defeated in the playoffs it was not because MJ choked but his teammates did. MJ was scoring more in the playoffs than in the regular season that's no secret.
MJ, Kobe, LeBron shined even when their team wasn't good enough.
For curry he shined when his team was great...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@junglejim Is there still not as clear cut of a gap between Curry and Bron's D as people assert? I wasn't sure if you caught those blocks in game 6 and last night so thought I'd ask.
laugh.gif
Do those blocks make up for the fact that Lebron let Draymond get 20 on him in the first half last night?  Had the Cavs lost, it would have been due to Lebrons defense.

And people act like the Cavs trying to get Curry on switches to Lebron is proof that he is terrible defensively.  Name me a point guard in the NBA that can guard Lebron on the drive or in the block.

Last edited:
Kyrie is officially better than steph. Boy been clutch all series. Had 20+ the first half like 3 straight games. Everytime they needed a big bucket he shot it like there was 0 pressure knocking em down. The real heir to the mamba blood.

last few pages fo the purge...​

The answer to this question is still, without a shadow of a doubt, a resounding yes.

Yeah steph is a better player right now and yes the Warriors will win in 5.

LeBron only makes his teammates better because he can't shoot.

Facts or Facts?

Exactly!

Once again the answer is Yes

the answer is no

Curry is more skilled than leBron without a doubt.

lol. dunking and alley oops are fluff. lebron is a modern day wilt. bigger stronger and faster.
his basketball skills/fundamentals  are lacking. no footwork, no post moves, no jumper, his signature offensive move is the stiff arm. 

well...to score 82 total points in game 5 and 6 to push to a game 7 and have a triple double. that must be one hell of a stiff arm

LeBron can't shoot, has no post moves, very little moves on the drive. Lebr9n 8s a glorified bull in a China shop.

again 82 total points in games 5 and 6 to force game 7, then a triple double. that is one hell of a magic trick from a guy who's offensive talent is middle schoolish at best

Real question is, has Iggy over taken Lebron as the best SF of the generation?

No, but KD has.

lebron isnt better than curry but KD is? ok

The answer is still yes.

Warriors have beaten the Cavs 6 straight times

Kyrie and Love were healthy for 3 of the 6
[emoji]129300[/emoji]

Curry more talented and skilled, LeBrons more gifted.

Bron has no handles and can't shoot.

I don't know how anybody can say it with a straight face that LeBron is a better player right now :lol

He's not. LeBron had a nice run. This is Curry's league

lebron has one post move... lol. Dude has no footwork.

lead every player in the finals in every category...both teams

Yikes. This should be posted in the finals thread too. Damn Lebron might really be an overrated defender

1. How are you JUST seeing this :lol:
2. Bron has always been an overrated defender. He was good from about 08-13....but that "he can defend 1-5" nonsense was a false narrative.
3. Steph Curry is a better basketball player than LeBron James......THIS YEAR

3 pointers > 2 point dunk.

i've taken and completed 2nd grade math. this is true. /thread.

yep, except you forgot that when a guy shoots 20 and only makes 4 that totals up to be 12 points. the guy who makes 12 2s out of 20 totals up to be 24 points

LeAirball going for double digit TOs.

He ain't even better than Paul George at this point.

He used to have those huge blocks, but I haven't eve seen those lately. Do they still happen? Actually wondering

you have been the most objective lebron hater in this thread, much respect...but...(see final block on iggy)

If I hear one more so called analyst say Bron is the best or one of the best two way players in the league, I'm going to break something.

They actually said he's one of the best two way players? The games haven't been competitive so I barely watched. They should be praising Klay, not that bald fool.

but you barely watched so how would you know to praise Klay?

So the best in the world/good defender has yet to have a good game in the finals. I'm just saying.

sass2.png

[quote name="VA757VA"

Have you watched lebron at all these playoffs. Guy has 0 post moves.

Without athletism and size, lebron would be would be struggling to stay in the NBA right now

so would any player in the history of basketball.

yep and without a c**k and 2 balls a man would have big trouble f****n

LeBron neeeeeeeeds more help

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

[@=/u/88770/junglejim]@junglejim[/@] Is there still not as clear cut of a gap between Curry and Bron's D as people assert? I wasn't sure if you caught those blocks in game 6 and last night so thought I'd ask.

:lol: Do those blocks make up for the fact that Lebron let Draymond get 20 on him in the first half last night?  Had the Cavs lost, it would have been due to Lebrons defense

Considering the fact that nobody will remember that Draymond dropped 20 in the first half and that block on Iggy will be shown until the end of time, I'd say yes, they most certainly do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Real question is, has Iggy over taken Lebron as the best SF of the generation?

Now this is by far the most egregious post in this thread...

Last edited:
yeah that was a sarcastic comment dood. Someone posted in a thread that if Andre won a finals MVP again, his two MVPs and Tittles are equal to Lebron if not better than lebrons career. I forget where that post was.

Last edited:
When you are up 3-1 in the Finals you can't blame anyone.  The Warriors lost, point blank period.  I'm in the Bay Area and it was embarrassing hearing all this talk that the Finals was rigged, the refs were shady, Lebron wouldn't have won game 5 if Green was there...blah blah blah.  Too sensitive and too emotional.  When it comes down to it, Draymond was the only one who played with urgency for the Warriors.  Steph and Klay are great players but chose a terrible time to be mediocre.  Lebron is a lot of things (diva, complains too much, etc.) but he was a beast.  He shut everyone up with this one.  I think he has reached that "Kobe" level where you hate him just to hate him.  I remember when I couldn't stand Kobe and it was because he was just so good...You couldn't question anything.  

Another thing is, and I don't know if I've said it in the thread or not, but we've got some grown men here catching feelings and arguing about other grown men they don't personally know.  This is some little girl high school stuff.  It's ok to root for your team and everything but damn. Lol.  Congrats to Lebron, I honestly thought he wasn't going to be able to do it.  

Overextending of help which left Draymond open for three.  There were also a couple drives on Lebron as well.

Either way, Lebron still played great this series. 
So what exactly was he supposed to do?

Scoring 20 ON someone isn't the same as catching and shooting in spot ups.

Plus LeBron wasn't "on" him for all of those.

Nice try

Back
Top Bottom