EL CHAPO escapes from prison

I know this post is super old, but I was in Mexico last month and asked this question to some locals (who are friends with one of my best friends, so it wasn't random people). They said you'd basically have to go out of your way to get involved with cartels. They have no desire to mess with Americans because they know it's bad for business. Local intimidation is their MO. Not foreign.

Been to Mexico City several times over the past few years; I felt safer walking around everywhere there than walking through a major American city. I'd really have to go out of my way to go to a dangerous area out there, while over here you can get robbed/shot damn near everywhere.

With social media and camera phones the feds gotta really dig deep to place/keep somebody in witness protection these days, I’m sure that’s one job which switched up a lot

There are many places in Mexico that are safer than America.

I’d be pissed if I was Mexican and all I heard was cartel this cartel that.
True but does anything compare to the cartel in America?

and is it safer overall? I have no idea.

In 2018, Mexico City was the federal entity with the most crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in Mexico. That year, 69,716 crimes were registered in the Mexican capital, followed by 51,520 crimes recorded in the State of Mexico and 50,861 in Sonora.Jun 15, 2020

In 2019, the facts don't seem to be getting better. Mexico City saw 250 homicides in just three months, while New York City has had 135 homicides over six months. ... Luxury travelers are likely to stay in Polanco, which is still one of the safest districts in the city

Sounds like y’all just in the safe part of Mexico City. Not the real Mexico City.

Back
Top Bottom