Elementary school teacher demoted for mowing his lawn naked in 2017

Video

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.14...d-wants-his-teaching-job-back/?outputType=amp

PORT ORANGE, Fla. (WESH/CNN) - Volusia United Educators President Elizabeth Albert is clear: When long-time teacher Brian Wheeler mowed the yard naked at his Port Orange home in 2017, he made a very poor decision.

A neighbor, who Wheeler believes has issues with him anyway, recorded Wheeler and filed a police complaint. Wheeler was charged with exposure of sexual organs and disorderly conduct.

The exposure charge was dropped and the disorderly conduct dismissed in a deferred prosecution agreement. Wheeler was not convicted of a crime.

"This is a man who has over two decades of history teaching children in our community and successfully teaching them," Albert said.

Wheeler was a tenured teacher with an unblemished record at Cypress Elementary when he was removed from his job. Many parents and colleagues supported him, according to documents provide by the teacher’s union.

However, a handful of families of young children did not.

School district officials, who gave Wheeler a written reprimand along with a demotion out of the classroom, refused to reconsider.

In addition to Volusia County, the state department of education investigated and in May found probable cause in Wheeler’s case to pursue disciplinary action. The complaint will be heard in October.

However, Albert said a settlement has been reached and the October hearing will rubber stamp that agreement.

According to Albert and documents, Wheeler will be fined, but will retain his teaching credentials.

"Which would infer that they feel that he is still of the caliber that is able to work with our kids and teach," Albert explained.

Albert said since the school district has so far refused that, the union will arbitrate on Wheeler’s behalf.

tenor.gif

Serves him right. A lot of stuff like these will be happening soon. And, not just to teachers

^exactly. it's just not smart. mowing the grass seems like something i would NOT ever want to do naked. grass cuttings and small rocks be flying around. sometimes a hidden cat poop mine bomb throws out shrapnel. nah man. imma wear my clothes.

^exactly. it's just not smart. mowing the grass seems like something i would NOT ever want to do naked. grass cuttings and small rocks be flying around. sometimes a hidden cat poop mine bomb throws out shrapnel. nah man. imma wear my clothes.
They say naked
But was he really naked
Or he have on like boxer shorts

Why not
I would probably do it in my backyard though
Not the front lawn
Just cause I’m aware of the kids that would live on the street

So public indecency means nothing as long as it takes place on one's property ??

Just trying to be clear.

So public indecency means nothing as long as it takes place on one's property ??

Just trying to be clear.
Depends on the situation
Not everything is always cut and dry
If I decide I wanna mow my backyard
Naked
I have a fence around it
But there’s folks who go to their second or 3rd floor JUST to take pics or record me doing it
They doing too much
Not me

Depends on the situation
Not everything is always cut and dry
If I decide I wanna mow my backyard
Naked
I have a fence around it
But there’s folks who go to their second or 3rd floor JUST to take pics or record me doing it
They doing too much
Not me

You are adjusting your initial statement.

You said you should be able to mow it however you want as long as it is in your yard.

Now you are adding a cheap fence.

Without the fence ADDITION, should you be able to do whatever you want, naked, in YOUR yard.

You are adjusting your initial statement.

You said you should be able to mow it however you want as long as it is in your yard.

Now you are adding a cheap fence.

Without the fence ADDITION, should you be able to do whatever you want, naked, in YOUR yard.
Yes

In SF, people can walk da streets bare naked, financial district included. I’ve seen this quite a times and da police don’t care. This wasn’t even during pride week, folsom street fair, howeird festival, etc., or anything, just regular random days. :lol:

In SF, people can walk da streets bare naked, financial district included. I’ve seen this quite a times and da police don’t care. This wasn’t even during pride week, folsom street fair, howeird festival, etc., or anything, just regular random days. :lol:
People? What type of people?

I bet if black people did it with equal frequency it wouldn't fly

Back
Top Bottom