EMS QUESTION

Hi.. I have questions mga sirs.. The tax of your shipment will depend on the declared value of the item? Who will declared the value of the item? The seller orthe buyer?

Thanks..

^yep, sometimes they (customs officer/examiner) are the ones who declares the value of the item.. (doktor kumbaga).. hehe..

thanks for all the help guys. hey i3, when your package was shipped does it show the status etc? how many weeks did it take to show the info and status etc?coz as i said mine doesn't yet. i've experienced buying regionally, meaning asia, and usually there is an update like if its already shipped an intransit or has arrived the country already. but with regards to this package, i don't get any updates yet.

^as for my item coming from the US shipped via priority mail, the item arrived 3weeks after he gave me the tracking no. and as for the update on the website,i've already picked-up the item with the Post office giving me the notice and i went at the Pasig Post Office and the details of the item on the website isstill the same as what the details of your item is after a few days... Hope this helps!

@gijace - thanks for the reply..
smile.gif

follow up question...
so the seller will declare how much it cost..will they attach some sort of document that would indicate the actual amount of the item? is it indicated sa billof lading (??) not sure kung yun ang tawag sa document na yun.. :tongue:

I really would like to order online..but I'm scared of the tax..(baka magkapresyo na sila nun item)

I've had that experience before..

Thanks again..

^^^ The value of the item is actually stated in the CUSTOMS DECLARATION form and it's no guarantee customs will not scrutinize the value declared versusthe actual value of the merchandise. They know that people have it declared much lower than the actual value to avoid duties and taxes and so they will doeverything they can (kung machambahan ka) to have you pay the RIGHT taxes.

Hope this helps

Sir rev^^^^ kasama ba sa computation yung postage cost aside dun sa declared value ng item. Any idea kung paano ang computation ang ginagawa nila.

Geeshhh...now customs is asking me to come, usually it's door2door for EMS.

Is their office the one in Domestic road near Park N Fly?

Yupz, it's near park n fly... Try making an invoice of the item, two versions one from ebay and one from paypal... I hope the seller declared the item as agift and in low value..

customs is getting more stringent as the election draws near LOL

And pareng Jeddah, postage is not supposed to be included in the computation of taxes as it is only the value of the item that is the basis for taxation.Buying shoes from abroad and having it shipped straight to the PI isn't ideal between now til May next year, better defer and get your kicks after May2009.....if you can help it hehehehehehe

Originally Posted by i3asuncion

Yupz, it's near park n fly... Try making an invoice of the item, two versions one from ebay and one from paypal... I hope the seller declared the item as a gift and in low value..
Thanks man, I'ma also try the under the table thing and drop all the names I know from customs
laugh.gif

hi sir im new here can i ask if how much will be the tax if o ordered 7pairs of shoes that is 30 usd each 215usd total amount in peso is 12300pesos how much isthe tax...??and where is customs lacated

Welcome to NT... 30 dollars - it ranges from 1200 to 1600 (correct me if i'm wrong), it would also depend on the shipping cost.. Usually the customsofficer adds the shipping cost to the value of the item then they'll make a computation... Customs/EMS office is located at Domestic Road, Pasay...

sir tnx hehehe it can help me alot... by the way do i need to present them my western union reciept?? that i paid 215usd to my suplier?? do i need sir topresent it?

I ordered a pair of shoes valued below 50 usd, and they still taxed me P1,5xx pesos... I hope they will tax you for the bulk order and not per pair ...goodluck!

btw, no need to present the receipt... just the notice from the post office (small paper from post office) ... the package comes with the declared valueanyway.. but come to think of it, just bring it with you... you might have a use for it (for crosschecking the value)

Originally Posted by noperamo

sir tnx hehehe it can help me alot... by the way do i need to present them my western union reciept?? that i paid 215usd to my suplier?? do i need sir to present it?

based on my experience 5-8 pairs would cost you around 3+++

Originally Posted by lbj19

sir tnx hehehe it can help me alot... by the way do i need to present them my western union reciept?? that i paid 215usd to my suplier?? do i need sir to present it?

based on my experience 5-8 pairs would cost you around 3+++

sure sir so how much will i bring?? hehe tnx sir for asnwering....

Naku!
frown.gif

Ang laki ng custom tax na babayaran mo kung Ipapakita mo yung western union na receipt worth $215. Anyway where did you bought the shoes? Pickyourshoes?

di nga po pag pinakita ko malaki??? sbi 3k daw po ..... sa china ako buy ng shoes sir? mga how much po ba exactly???

Back
Top Bottom