Entourage (final season 8 ) thread Vol. The End (9/11 10:30PM EST) SERIES FINALE =[

It's a 20-sum minute show... With 6-7 angles going on simultaneously... You can't possibly expect every single minor detail to be covered.... Who cares if he didn't acknowledge the dog. If he did, and they put every other minute thing into the episode without making longer episodes, a lot of us would be asking why in the hell are they wasting so much time on filler material???

Now I'd agree that 45 minute long episodes would do wonders for the whole show in general... BUT you can't sweat at minor things that don't change the plot in any way...

Was E wearing Atmos 95s in the beginning of the episode? At the ocean side restaurant and then at the crib?

Episode was AIGHT. and I'm one THE biggest Entourage fans. Not saying it was horrible but I would've liked more from the final season's first episode.

Ehh...looking forward to next week.

Originally Posted by bkmac

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Interesting song choice to end, decent 1st episode, nothing earth shattering. Ari vs Mrs Ari storyline should be great, hopefully we pick it up a lot, this show needs to end with a bang.
See, by ending with a bang, do you mean as if it's ending forever and no movie, or ending where it leads perfectly into a movie? All I've been hearing is that a movie is on the way, and apparently Jeremy Piven tweeted that the season sets up perfectly for a movie to happen.
Honestly, I don't need a movie. The show has been running for a long time, if they use their writers, who have been great in the past, and slacking lately, to their full potential they should be able to wrap it up in a good way.
And that doesn't mean it has to end well, although it probably won't end in a horrific way, that would be too anti-hollywood. 

But it should end, don't leave it open for a movie, then for the next 2-3 years we are speculating if or when a movie comes out and what they will do with it. 

No thanks.

That was terrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

It's a 20-sum minute show... With 6-7 angles going on simultaneously... You can't possibly expect every single minor detail to be covered.... Who cares if he didn't acknowledge the dog. If he did, and they put every other minute thing into the episode without making longer episodes, a lot of us would be asking why in the hell are they wasting so much time on filler material???

Now I'd agree that 45 minute long episodes would do wonders for the whole show in general... BUT you can't sweat at minor things that don't change the plot in any way...

so petting the dog would would have meant the show needed to be 40 minutes?  Those little extra things just make a show better imo. His son's reaction isn't even a little thing. Why have the kid in the scene saying he's going to show Ari something if you aren't going to do anything with that? 
The world in the show is just artificial. There is no heart in this show anymore.Feels very bland. Doesn't help that the only character that has any depth is Ari
It's not even worth criticizing the plot because it's the same thing over and over. 

eric and sloan date, break up, date, break up. The group goes through hard times but ultimately prevail and remain friends.

Vince already getting on my nerves... man they make him all whiny, plus E is all whiny now cause of Sloan

Piven was saying on Letterman that he was excited to have Ari be an emotional character finally

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by Essential1

so petting the dog would would have meant the show needed to be 40 minutes?  Those little extra things just make a show better imo. His son's reaction isn't even a little thing. Why have the kid in the scene saying he's going to show Ari something if you aren't going to do anything with that? 
The world in the show is just artificial. There is no heart in this show anymore.Feels very bland. Doesn't help that the only character that has any depth is Ari
It's not even worth criticizing the plot because it's the same thing over and over. 

eric and sloan date, break up, date, break up. The group goes through hard times but ultimately prevail and remain friends.

No they were somewhat unrelated points my bad.  I meant that a 45 minute show would keep them from rushing plot as it is so compact, and then also give them the time to add the little things as well..

Maybe they did shoot the son's reaction... And during cutting had to cut it out because of time constraints...  Either way they use it or don't, it wouldn't have been memorable enough as the biggest thing to happen..

As to the last point... Life is normally like that... And if life isn't (which I know it is isn't always the case)... Most dramas and sitcoms are anyway..

I see it as 1 major problem...  1. Time constraint of 23 minutes trying to have 6-7 storylines coincide in the matter of 8 episodes...    This is the one place HBO has #%*% the bed in terms of their shows... Especially their 30 minute shows... They cut out 7 minutes for reviews/previews and other random ads for the channel... And give only 8 episodes to sum up the story that happens over months of time...

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Was E wearing Atmos 95s in the beginning of the episode? At the ocean side restaurant and then at the crib?

Episode was AIGHT. and I'm one THE biggest Entourage fans. Not saying it was horrible but I would've liked more from the final season's first episode.

Ehh...looking forward to next week.
This

Anyone who thinks this was a good premiere are the same lame %+$ "fans" that eat at Urth just cause of the show.

Too many stories developing with no intro...just BAM! e, you're no longer engaged, ari, your wife is dating someone else and your kid can tell you he's showing you something but it gets left out?

IMO, if you're gonna be working the child angle in their relationship then make it a point to share what the kid has to show.

the whole gelky scene could've been cut out, scott cann could've played the "vince called me" role in another scene.

Ehh, I'll wait till next week to see a hopefully better episode.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

That was terrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If I didn't invest all this time into the show, I would have turned it off 20 minutes in. It WAS AWFUL.
People saying this show should have been an hour, can you imagine that being stretched to an hour every episode? Good GOD..
laugh.gif
You have 8 episodes, 30 minutes, and you spend the first half with Eric being pissy, Drama being overbearing, and Vince's awful acting front and center... for the majority of the episode? No better way to advance the story a bit, create some actual conflict? No one thought Vince was actually going to start using drugs again, how could they with the characters talking about it the entire show?

I'm not saying to have a party the first minute of the show, and I've always been a fan of whenever the show tries to balance the comedy with drama, but when it's so obvious and forced... the show just has awful writing. If the show just wanted to be an escape about a bunch of friends living the life in Hollywood, then cool, I can enjoy that. But when they try to add in the drama, the lack of proper writing is obvious. 

I was honestly considering turning it off 15 minutes in and re-watching Curb... could not have been a worse episode to start the finale season.

I think it was awkward but that's almost the way its supposed to be at this point. Def hope it picks up

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by HankMoody

That was terrible.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If I didn't invest all this time into the show, I would have turned it off 20 minutes in. It WAS AWFUL.
People saying this show should have been an hour, can you imagine that being stretched to an hour every episode? Good GOD..
laugh.gif
You have 8 episodes, 30 minutes, and you spend the first half with Eric being pissy, Drama being overbearing, and Vince's awful acting front and center... for the majority of the episode? No better way to advance the story a bit, create some actual conflict? No one thought Vince was actually going to start using drugs again, how could they with the characters talking about it the entire show?

I'm not saying to have a party the first minute of the show, and I've always been a fan of whenever the show tries to balance the comedy with drama, but when it's so obvious and forced... the show just has awful writing. If the show just wanted to be an escape about a bunch of friends living the life in Hollywood, then cool, I can enjoy that. But when they try to add in the drama, the lack of proper writing is obvious. 

I was honestly considering turning it off 15 minutes in and re-watching Curb... could not have been a worse episode to start the finale season
Yeah, as much as hate to say it, I agree.  Really was not a very good episode at all.  "Forced" is really a good word for it.  

I enjoyed the first episode. Sure it seemed like it was a little forced, but come on. We have two sub storylines in the process now - Ari's debacle with his wife, and E's issue with Sloan.

Remember, Vince has had this drug addiction saga for the past season, and this is it coming to an end. How much more do you want that part of the story to drag on? They need to put an end to that and move on with his character to finish the storyline up.

We also have Drama's show going, and we can already see that he's about to become somewhat insecure about it. As we could see in this episode, he was trying to make sure everyone felt like he had the better role. Thats a sign that we will get some depth into Drama's character.

Then we have Turtle, and his business venture, which still is happening. We still have to see what happened with Mark Cuban and this whole "Avionne world tour".

And finally we have E and Scott's new relationship with them running the management company. We will get to see who they bring in, and how their characters bounce off each other, sort of like how we would see E and Ari's characters chemistry.

We have 8 episodes and a movie. Some of this may feel forced, but what do some of you expect from this show? Its a television show, not a best selling novel.
They have to bring this entire thing to a close in 7 more episodes, and then we are getting 2-2 1/2 hours max of a film.

I remember everyone reacted this way with last seasons first episode. So how many of you truly like this show? Or just like criticizing it?
laugh.gif

Good first episode. smh at Ari's wife.. cold blooded.. 
30t6p3b.gif

The soundtrack to this show is always
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom