====== EPIC Flyknit Series ======

I have been pretty lucky with most mixed weaved orders but this one is just too off for me.. minus the the mismatch toeboxes, the shoe is quite responsive.. I can see runners enjoying long runs with them.. mids are more comfortable than the lows for me.. dunno if I'll keep them though..

View media item 2134936
View media item 2134937

Last edited:
I have been pretty lucky with most mixed weaved orders but this one is just too off for me.. minus the the mismatch toeboxes, the shoe is quite responsive.. I can see runners enjoying long runs with them.. mids are more comfortable than the lows for me.. dunno if I'll keep them though..
I prefer the lows.... these look really nice, if only they were lows 
devil.gif

Nice collared ULTDs, Marv! The Black tongue panel looks so good on them. Has anyone seen them at physical stores yet? I've only seen them available on NDC so far...

Nice collared ULTDs, Marv! The Black tongue panel looks so good on them. Has anyone seen them at physical stores yet? I've only seen them available on NDC so far...
the lines on the lateral sides remind me of the technical weaves of Racer/Trainer.. I wished the lows had the same thing going on.. I'm getting tired of all these mixed weave patterns.. overall pretty happy with the shoe.. only thing is I have too many pairs I need to go through for running and mids and casual wear don't really go hand in hand for me.. I like them but prolly only will buy for less than $100 since I prolly won't wear them as much.. Chukka's > though for casual wear.. I also have 2 pairs of Chukka's for running..

Yeah, the triangle with the strips is definitely reminiscent of the FKRs. I think it gives the shoe more character. It's one of the reasons I prefer the collared version over the lows. The lows look too plain to me...

Last edited:
Anybody know how the LG8s compare to the LunarEpics?
LG8 has a very impressive stability sole on it.  It's much more stiff compared to the epic sole.  I haven't run in them, but I would seriously consider it after feeling the stability. Been missing in the past LGs. 

I prefer the lows.... these look really nice, if only they were lows 
devil.gif
yeah, lows are definitely preferred, esp for casual wear.. I'm not completely sold on the Epic soles compared to the previous Lunar line.. I had on the mc Epic low on one foot and tried on Lunar 1/2/3, Lunaracer swap pairs.. Epic sole is not as cushy.. the Epic soles would prolly be better for running since it won't bottom out as fast vs the other more cushy Lunar soles.. I would recommend the mids for runners as they seem to be more comfortable and more responsive than the lows.. I will try to get a run or two in the mids before I return them but initial jogs with them, they are better than lows.. hope this makes sense.. haha..

^ I tried on the highs the other day, its amazing to me how different they feel (in a better way) then the lows. The highs really feel locked in. I'm a bit worried though, about the back part of the shoe as I do feel that it is going to be stiff.

^ I tried on the highs the other day, its amazing to me how different they feel (in a better way) then the lows. The highs really feel locked in. I'm a bit worried though, about the back part of the shoe as I do feel that it is going to be stiff.
I feel the same way.. mids will be great to run in and lows are def for casual wear.. lows seem heavier too..

Back
Top Bottom