ESPN Already has a watch for the NBA MVP...AFTER 10 GAMES....

[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]1. LeBron James, Cavaliers[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]37.5[/td] [td].500[/td] [td].243[/td] [td].770[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]8.0[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]29.8[/td] [td]34.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]By any definition -- makes his teammates better, best player on the best team, statistically -- he is the MVP. Cleveland's seven-game win streak has made it virtually impossible to say something bad about James.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]2. Kobe Bryant, Lakers[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]34.9[/td] [td].449[/td] [td].316[/td] [td].825[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]3.8[/td] [td]24.8[/td] [td]23.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Congrats, Kobe, on passing Larry Legend and The Glove for 23rd and 22nd, respectively, on the all-time scoring list, but either the Cavs need to start losing or you need to start stuffing the box scores a little more to defend your award.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]3. Amare Stoudemire, Suns[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]38.3[/td] [td].582[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].826[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]8.3[/td] [td]2.0[/td] [td]23.3[/td] [td]25.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Some random thoughts: Nice Mohawk, a belated happy 26th birthday, and, after a couple of off games last week (11 and 12 points, respectively), it is nice to have you back (combined 59 points past two games).[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]4. Dwight Howard, Magic[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]36.6[/td] [td].603[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].521[/td] [td]1.1[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td]14.0[/td] [td]1.7[/td] [td]21.3[/td] [td]30.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ever arrive at your job and decide you didn't feel like working, so you spent the day sending personal e-mails and calling your friends and family? That was Howard against Charlotte: six fouls and no made baskets.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]5. Chris Paul, Hornets[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]37.9[/td] [td].500[/td] [td].313[/td] [td].857[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]0.1[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [td]20.8[/td] [td]32.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]What's going on in New Orleans when the best point guard in the world is leading the league in assists and steals and dropping 20 points and 10 dimes on the regular and the team still loses four out of six?[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]6. Paul Pierce, Celtics[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]39.4[/td] [td].411[/td] [td].442[/td] [td].822[/td] [td]1.2[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]7.4[/td] [td]3.9[/td] [td]21.0[/td] [td]18.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]The 22-point fourth quarter against the Raptors, the game-winner with less than a second remaining against the Hawks and the career-high 7.4 rebounds per game has him steadily climbing up the rankings.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]7. Dwyane Wade, Heat[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]36[/td] [td].495[/td] [td].231[/td] [td].776[/td] [td]2.7[/td] [td]1.6[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]7.3[/td] [td]27.9[/td] [td]33.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]With all of the time Wade has missed the past few seasons due to injury, the last thing Heat fans want to see is him limping. He sprained his right ankle against Toronto over the weekend but says he's good to go.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]8. Chris Bosh, Raptors[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]41.7[/td] [td].534[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].814[/td] [td]0.4[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]10.2[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td]25.1[/td] [td]22.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jose Calderon missed Sunday's game because of his strained hamstring and CB4 still went off for 27 points and seven rebounds. I guess it doesn't really matter who is feeding him the rock ... he's going to produce.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]9. Joe Johnson, Hawks[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]38.6[/td] [td].486[/td] [td].434[/td] [td].811[/td] [td]1.9[/td] [td]0.2[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]26.0[/td] [td]25.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]His numbers across the board are on the same level as LeBron and D-Wade. But I value team success as much as I do individual success, and Atlanta lost three straight last week, including two to the Nets.[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td] [/td] [td]10. C. Billups, Nuggets[/td] [td]G[/td] [td]MIN[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]3P%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]STL[/td] [td]BLK[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]AST[/td] [td]PTS[/td] [td]PER[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]35.4[/td] [td].360[/td] [td].385[/td] [td].887[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]17.8[/td] [td]20.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]If his midrange jumper didn't appear to be broken since he got to Denver, I wouldn't have to justify moving him into this spot. He has provided the Nuggets (5-1 since he arrived) with points, assists, wins and leadership.[/td] [/tr][/table]

Can't deny it... i know its early, but LeBron is the man to beat this year. His teams gonna have to take a lot of L's for anyone to even have a chancewith those stats. Certified Beast
pimp.gif

I think they should have this list by the time everyone hits at least 40 games. And i think that's still too early.

Anthony Morrow isn't on the list? We're 2-0 with him as a starter.
He is averaging 31 PPG, 72% FG%, 80% 3PT%, 100% FT%.
I know it's only been two games, but that is pretty beast.

Other than a slightly higher ft%, whats the difference with his stats from last year? (serious question, not sarcasm)

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Anthony Morrow isn't on the list? We're 2-0 with him as a starter.
He is averaging 31 PPG, 72% FG%, 80% 3PT%, 100% FT%.
I know it's only been two games, but that is pretty beast.
haha cmon man i hope your kidding. im a warrior fan too but he does not even come close to this list.

I am sorry, I have absolutely no comment on this when we are 2 weeks into the season.

dude's on fire. he's been clearly by far and away the best player so far. dude's boxscore ALWAYS looks nice from points, rebounds, assists, block,steals, fg%
eek.gif

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

Originally Posted by RFX45

Other than a slightly higher ft%, whats the difference with his stats from last year? (serious question, not sarcasm)
8-2 9-2 record..
Fixed... plus an 8 game win streak, he's playing better than everyone else, he's literally making half his shots, and he's had three41 point games this year, and that was in a four game span.

Team record aside, he's been deserving for the last four years anyway, five counting this one.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The only thing different is that his team is winning...a lot. They're on pace to get 50+ wins this season.
LeBron was out of the top 2 consideration for MVP the end of last season because his team didn't have at least 50 wins.

So pretty much if LeBron has stats similar to last season, and the Cavs win 50+, he'll likely take it.

To get MVP in the NBA your team not only has to have a winning record, but a be a decent amount of games above .500.

This isn't the MLB where your team can suck and be the worst in the division, and you can get MVP based or your stats.
i.e. Alex Rodriguez-2003 Texas Rangers

ESPN ...hmmm.. what a surprised..

I know Bron is killing it right now but c'mon, not even a month and they're already rubbing it in our face with the MVP bs..

Just one question tho.. who was the last person to get the MVP award on a #2 seed team? ...

Back
Top Bottom