ESPN Jordan special

The guy is really intelligent when it comes to words. People should read his book Sole Provider.

I agree Scoop's a smart guy but I don't agree with his comment "People were getting jacked for em'..and it wasn't that they couldn'tafford it..it was just because people wanted them". Of course there were people that couldn't afford them. Otherwise, people wouldn't be gettingmugged over them if everybody had the $ to go out and cop. It's common sense..

i came in on the part when mj was talkin about the factories in china. i dont know how much i missed.

Nice video!!! Is this the same thing they were talking about on the other "ESPN Jordan thread?"

there's something sexy about a PAWG saying 'air jordan' , lol
and whats with the music..
besides all that.. thanks for the vid

I think he was meaning that it was easier for them to jack them from whoever than to go buy them or search for them back then, the demand for say like the3's and the 11's back then was VERY high...Maybe not as high as they are now, but they were somewhat especially when the 11's took ahold onpeople's interest in them...I think these XX3's will not doubt go down as one of the best selling Air Jordans of all time...

Originally Posted by BishopTwo2

there's something sexy about a PAWG saying 'air jordan' , lol
and whats with the music..
besides all that.. thanks for the vid

Nice video. What is a PAWG? Does that stand for Pretty #$% White Girl? That is a new one for me.

He saiD the AIR JORDAN 3'S were the first to have no visible nike sign. Is it me or was there A nike air logo big as hell on the back. And the first airjordan with no nike sign was the AIR JORDAN 12'S. The 2's had nike on the bottom.

He has a really good point about the 3 being one of the cleanest shoes. He's a little off on the info. People were jacking J's because they where 100$.That was a big deal, it was the first basketball shoe to cost that much.

The other thing is that the quality has been only maintained on the current numbered Jordan. As we all know the retro's have lost the quality but thenagain they gotta keep the costs down while the dollar isn't worth all that much in the world economy. Trust me I just got back from Europe and J'sthere are way over priced. List price, 120 euros = $178. Crazy !

I figured we all need to see the video. It spoke truth to me and why I find this line of shoes more then just something that goes on my feet.

Originally Posted by monstdog

I figured we all need to see the video. It spoke truth to me and why I find this line of shoes more then just something that goes on my feet.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MJFan75

I think he was meaning that it was easier for them to jack them from whoever than to go buy them or search for them back then, the demand for say like the 3's and the 11's back then was VERY high...Maybe not as high as they are now, but they were somewhat especially when the 11's took ahold on people's interest in them...I think these XX3's will not doubt go down as one of the best selling Air Jordans of all time...

Put things into perspective here for a minute....the average person doesn't just rob somebody if they already have the funds to go out and buysomething. Do you think most people in the hood have enough money to cop Jordans at a premium cost? Maybe if everyone was able to afford the real deal therewouldn't be as many fakes roaming the streets today...and especially 15-20 years ago where $100 and up on shoes was high priced. As I said, Scoop's acool guy, but he way off the cylinder when he made that comment.

Also the Jordan 3 did feature a pretty noticeable Nike Air along with the Swoosh on the back heel tab. So he was off on that too...the first AJ model to notfeature any Nike logo or swoosh on it (OG) was the Jordan 7.

Back
Top Bottom