Essentials for starting to record/produce music

Whatsup fellas lately i feel like im ready to create something special. I got ideas for my craft and was wondering what are some mics or programs i can get to get that organic sound to my flow and engineering, All i have right now is a imac from 2009 and a room for the stu.

Thanks in advance, Much Love

I don't really know much about equipment, you could start dabbling into sound design. It'll help you create the sounds you want to hear and you'll have something no one else does. You could also start buying different sound packs or creating your own from weird samples n ish.

I also recommend getting different VSTs, Philaharmonik was dope when I had it.

The good stuff ain't cheap before you buy anything, do your research. A good interface and studio speakers is a must.

With mics a good pre-amp is a must. Buying a $500 mic won't do **** if you're using it with a cheap interface. Save money on the mic and spend more on the preamp. For monitor speakers I'm using the yamaha hs5.
Check out the book Modern Recording Techniques by David Miles Huber. When I was going to school for sound engineering it was an assigned text that got me through my Recording and Production class. Lots if info in there that will answer most of, if not all your questions.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom