European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Greece should've had a pen 
30t6p3b.gif

The Greeks and the Czechs could be going through.. Who would have predicted that an hour ago
eek.gif

#7 for Greece is too trill... he has been absolutely cuttin up dudes ankles these first two games
pimp.gif

lookin like Ozil lyte

After the way Day 1 started, hard to believe the Czechs and Greeks are through. Russia going out is shocking.

I expect both will get bounced (and sincerely hope, in Greece's case) in the next round, but congrats to both.

/\ not eem mad...

a) i know most europeans are racist

b) theyre clearly having fun with it (the mini rari is
laugh.gif
)

Just came back from watching the Poland - Czech Rep. match in a Czech bar in Munich.  Top atmosphere.  That last sequence in like the 93rd minute was incredible.  Whoever that Czech player was, he made the desperate kung fu kick on a certain Poland equalizer - and managed to clear it!!!  Football coaches just take it way so seriously - I mean, resign right after the loss???
Peace

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

indifferent.gif

First of all, most European countries outside of England did not have widespread blackface minstrel shows in their entertainment (although I agree Zwarte Piet can be considered racist, it's more from ignorance and not being aware of the connotations of blackface. Dutch kids aren't taught to hate black people). Yes there have been whites who painted their faces black, but not with the intentions to mock black people. The fans dressing up like Balotelli are not trying to insult him.

Most black and white people get along perfectly in Europe (outside of parts of Eastern Europe). There are just as many racists here in the US, it's just that they've learned to be sneakier about it (or spew their nonsense on facebook and youtube 
mad.gif
).

On a side note why the @#$% does Yuku keep changing the font colors of posts? Have to edit a post like 10 times to get it right 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SFC415

indifferent.gif

First of all, most European countries outside of England did not have widespread blackface minstrel shows in their entertainment (although I agree Zwarte Piet can be considered racist, it's more from ignorance and not being aware of the connotations of blackface. Dutch kids aren't taught to hate black people). Yes there have been whites who painted their faces black, but not with the intentions to mock black people. The fans dressing up like Balotelli are not trying to insult him.

Most black and white people get along perfectly in Europe (outside of parts of Eastern Europe). There are just as many racists here in the US, it's just that they've learned to be sneakier about it (or spew their nonsense on facebook and youtube 
mad.gif
).

On a side note why the @#$% does Yuku keep changing the font colors of posts? Have to edit a post like 10 times to get it right 
sick.gif
Nope, West Europe has major racism problems, they never took the issues face on like the U.S had to in the 50's and 60's. When these countries lost their colonies in Africa and the Africans started immigrating racial issues began to brew over. To say the U.S and Europe are equal in the issue is incorrect. For once, the U.S is light years ahead of Europe on something. France (with North Africans), Spain, Portugal, Italy, England (with Indians), ect. Basically any former super power that owned colonies is struggling with race + immigration issues.

Originally Posted by 1994SS

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
).

sick.gif
Nope, West Europe has major racism problems, they never took the issues face on like the U.S had to in the 50's and 60's. When these countries lost their colonies in Africa and the Africans started immigrating racial issues began to brew over. To say the U.S and Europe are equal in the issue is incorrect. For once, the U.S is light years ahead of Europe on something. France (with North Africans), Spain, Portugal, Italy, England (with Indians), ect. Basically any former super power that owned colonies is struggling with race + immigration issues.
You're making it sound like immigrants are being harassed and beaten up on daily basis in Europe. I've been to all the countries you've mentioned and have collectively spent several years in Portugal, England, and Spain (went to Europe for 2-3 months every year of my life to visit family until I got into college). Generally immigrants aren't looked down upon, but illegal immigrants/non assimilating immigrants definitely are. Every country on earth has groups they discriminate against when times are tough. I've had plenty of racist comments hurled towards me in the US, even in such a diverse location in the Bay Area, due to my tan complexion and "Latin" name. Just a few months ago, two Mexican dudes beat the @#$% out of an Indian guy near my parents' house because he was a "terrorist".  When 9/11 happened, all the Punjabi boys got rid of their turbans and facial hair cause people were throwing rocks at them at school (this was in 8th grade by the way).  Of course, the media here basically spends 1-2 minutes covering these events that are taking place in our own country, yet put European racist chants on the front page. Things like that happen everywhere. 

Yea I've been to Europe multiple times, all the family is there and I've studied for quite some time in Italy. I'd have to agree with the fact that the Post-Imperialistic countries of Europe do have issues with immigration and racism at times. However in Europe things are different. It's not racism to the point where there hanging black people off ropes and burning churches. It's more of a pride for there countrymen. They are used to there own kind over there, thats what the countries consist of. For a better lack of words, they make fun of other races, but they make fun everyone who are out the norm as well.  

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Yea I've been to Europe multiple times, all the family is there and I've studied for quite some time in Italy. I'd have to agree with the fact that the Post-Imperialistic countries of Europe do have issues with immigration and racism at times. However in Europe things are different. It's not racism to the point where there hanging black people off ropes and burning churches. It's more of a pride for there countrymen. They are used to there own kind over there, thats what the countries consist of. For a better lack of words, they make fun of other races, but they make fun everyone who are out the norm as well.  

Definitely this too. I guess you can say it's more xenophobic than racist, and even then 90% of the time it's not malicious. What they see as humorous/trolling, we see as very offensive and serious. That kind of mentality exists not only in Europe but throughout the entire world besides the UK and US. Although lately it's becoming worse due to economic difficulties; they can't find jobs for themselves, so as a result there's increased animosity towards immigrants. It's not even just against black people, my friend is a white guy who teaches English in La Rioja in Spain and he's been told to G T F O several times by drunk Spaniards. It's the same way broke rednecks in the US tell Latinos to go back to their own countries just because they can't find jobs

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Man ibra is my second fave player right now next to K-PB.

I feel bad for him. Dude shows so much effort

SOleILL wrote:
Zlatan had a fantastic game. That game was just so much excitement.

What England-Sweden game were you two watching? Bar a fighting off a few strong challenges there wasn't much effort shown in that match by him imo. He often slowed down the Swedish counters to a total stand still and I lost count of the amount of lazy passes which were broke up by the English defense. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ people who thought he should have been #3 on the list of players in the tournament. His mismakring allowed Shevchenko to score his second and although he has all the talent in the world he didn't raise he game like need be and carry his team to victory. Hes a better Robben, arrogent and selfish and plays for himself at the expense of the team. 
Theo 
pimp.gif
 Welbeck
pimp.gif
 Carroll 
pimp.gif
 Gerrard had a good game but screw him for pinching Theo's ball off Ox at the end. 
mad.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

SOleILL wrote:
What England-Sweden game were you two watching? Bar a fighting off a few strong challenges there wasn't much effort shown in that match by him imo. He often slowed down the Swedish counters to a total stand still and I lost count of the amount of lazy passes which were broke up by the English defense. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 @ people who thought he should have been #3 on the list of players in the tournament. His mismakring allowed Shevchenko to score his second and although he has all the talent in the world he didn't raise he game like need be and carry his team to victory. Hes a better Robben, arrogent and selfish and plays for himself at the expense of the team. 
Theo 
pimp.gif
 Welbeck
pimp.gif
 Carroll 
pimp.gif
 Gerrard had a good game but screw him for pinching Theo's ball off Ox at the end. 
mad.gif

The same game you watched. First off, shevchenko had a monster game, he got well in front of ibra (hes a forward, not a defender) and not that many defenders would have been able to mark him on that corner to start with. Why are you trying to discredit a forward for failing to do a defenders job? You completely disregard all the trouble he caused for that ukranian keeper who came up with some great saves. 
we all know that ibra is one of the most lazy people out there but he has his own way of showing effort. He creates chances for himself as well as for his team mates. Ill need to re watch the game to see how many "lazy passes" i can find. He played behind elmander when they faced england so i dont see how he would slow down the attack if he was supposed to play behind it to start with. He had some great passes in that game IMO.

Hes a better Robben, arrogent and selfish and plays for himself at the expense of the team. 

laugh.gif
 youre acting like sweden is better off without ibra. 

I missed the games on Friday, any links to where I can watch them? I do have a site but I would like more options

Originally Posted by trunks206

SOleILL wrote:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Theo 
pimp.gif
 Welbeck
pimp.gif
 Carroll 
pimp.gif
mad.gif

The same game you watched. First off, shevchenko had a monster game, he got well in front of ibra (hes a forward, not a defender) and not that many defenders would have been able to mark him on that corner to start with. Why are you trying to discredit a forward for failing to do a defenders job? You completely disregard all the trouble he caused for that ukranian keeper who came up with some great saves. 
we all know that ibra is one of the most lazy people out there but he has his own way of showing effort. He creates chances for himself as well as for his team mates. Ill need to re watch the game to see how many "lazy passes" i can find. He played behind elmander when they faced england so i dont see how he would slow down the attack if he was supposed to play behind it to start with. He had some great passes in that game IMO.

Hes a better Robben, arrogent and selfish and plays for himself at the expense of the team. 

laugh.gif
 youre acting like sweden is better off without ibra. 

I was commenting on him being directly involved in his team conceding a goal which lead to their defeat. 
Any way you look at it this is poor marking, striker or not. 
sheva.gif

As for the England game yes he did have some passes come off but my "lazy passes" statement was in reference to the times when Sweden were breaking and I felt that he took way to many touches before releasing it which would allowed England's defense to get set and the attack was broken up. He never seems like he's giving 100% so maybe I criticize his efforts a bit more because of it...his arrogant attitude doesn't help my perception I'd imagine. Hell I dont even know why I'm complaining
laugh.gif
 it helped England win. 

I'm gonna need him to have a big game against France though so if we get a result against Ukraine we can hopefully avoid Spain. 

indifferent.gif

mad.gif
).

sick.gif
I've lived in and spend a decent amount of time in Switzerland (2000) and France ( and I've visited Italy and Spain (2001) for shorter times and I can tell you that most people didn't "get along" with us.
My experience (as well as another friend who lived there at aseparatetime to me in a different Swiss city) certainly confirmed to us, that race is still an issue in Europe. I rememberspecificallyat coffee shops not being served and sometimes being treated as if we weren't there at all; while other white people were served immediately. Race is still an issue in Western Europe, you may not get attacked walking down the street, but you can certainly feel it in many situations.

In Football:

Balotelli used to be told "there are no black Italians" at every match he played in Italy; Samuel Eto'o used to have bananas thrown at him when at Barcelona ("Eto'o admits that racism is so widespread in Spain that he no longer dares take his family to matches".)and Inter. The Juventus fans have a chant that says "no black Italians". Italy and Spain are still pretty made regarding race in football, especially when you go outside of the bigger cities. I think to say that those Balotelli fans aren't being racist is really giving them a bit more credit than you should.

Yes, some black and white people do get along, but racism in Western Europe, and in football, was and still is a problem.

juventus-si2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom