Even after 24 hours i'm even more convinced.........

Originally Posted by Matt Barkley Heisman Number 8

and if your parents aborted you then you wouldnt make this stupid post.
2uer4pc.jpg

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Statis22 wrote:
Had I said they lost because they didn't have Yao then that would be an excuse.

Now tell me where you see that in the op?
Had the refs not been so bad we would have won that game.

Had so and so player better we would have won that game.

Had so and so played more minutes we would have won that game.

Had so and so not been injured we would have won that game.

All excuses. You chose to use the latter of the four.

If Yao didn't get injur......who gives a crap. He did, its over with stop making excuses. Same crap every year

This
Had I said they lost because they didn't have Yao then that would be an excuse.
is apparently much different from this:

Had Yao not broke his foot the Rockets would have beaten the Lakers
laugh.gif
. Yes you got me. They didnt lose because they didn't have Yao, but if they had him they would have won. Awesome

The op was my opinion if didn't agree then you could have said so and let it be

Not having Yao was not the determining factor why the Rockets didn't win the series. Again that is not an excuse.

Trust as a fan of the Rockets the last thing I would do is use the team's injury history for any of their shortcomings

I don't know about most Rockets fans opinions here but I post what I see and try to keep it real. Nothing more.

It's futile in examining what-if scenarios. The better team wins because they put themselves in position to get "lucky" through hustle,sustained defense on offensive execution.

I heard the same bull flop when MJ's Bulls swept the NJ nets. "Oh, the Bulls only beat them by an average of 8 points --- what if the Nets shut downPippen in this game and got a rebound in this and what if those FT's didn't go in..............."

The better team gets breaks.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The op was my opinion if didn't agree then you could have said so and let it be

Not having Yao was not the determining factor why the Rockets didn't win the series. Again that is not an excuse.

Trust as a fan of the Rockets the last thing I would do is use the team's injury history for any of their shortcomings

I don't know about most Rockets fans opinions here but I post what I see and try to keep it real. Nothing more.
If that's the case, in REALITY, the Lakers won the championship. That's it. Fin. End of story.

Then again, your opinion is not really reality, you can be sure that with a healthy Yao, they would have beaten the Lakers.

Why do people keep trying to discredit the Lakers??
You keep making excuses for the Rockets team, what about all the other times that Yao and McGrady where injured? Where was that post?

so your'e saying you didn't lose because you didnt have Yao, but if you had him you would have won. How exactly does that work again?

"We woulda won if we had so and so"

Sure sounds like an excuse to me.

we will just say you fit right in with how most Rockets fans post on here.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

so your'e saying you didn't lose because you didnt have Yao, but if you had him you would have won. How exactly does that work again?

"We woulda won if we had so and so"

Sure sounds like an excuse to me.

we will just say you fit right in with how most Rockets fans post on here.

Again I said it wasn't the determining factor.

You're taking what I posted out of context

Even with the injuries, had the Rockets protected homecourt they woulda won the series.

They didn't though.

With that said, the Rockets have been a legit team for years now. It's just unfortunate they kept getting knocked out of the 1st rd.

A lot of it is due to injuries (smh). Hard to win when it's either your two stars is out, or worse, both. Definitely a lot of woulda, coulda andshoulda's with the Rockets.

With that said though, HTown gave the Lakers all they could handle. At the end, they were just outclassed. The heart was there.

But hey getting out of the 1st round finally and pushing the eventual champs the distance is definitely something to be proud of.

Regroup and reload for next year, and hopefully they take the next step.

You're taking what I posted out of context
lol, how am I taking it out of context.

Your claim:

the real outcome:

The rockets lose.

Again, if the Rockets would have had Yao then this would have happened:
but the real outcome happened to be the Rockets lost.

But if you had Yao you would have won. You didn't lose because of Yao, but you would have won with him.

Its a fricken excuse dude.

It's the same thing as what most lakers fans said last year. "Well, if we had Bynum it would have been a different story". No thats not makingan excuse, they were just calling it as they saw it.

That's true, but I'm convinced that if we would have kept Shaq, never drafted Bynum, and still acquired Pau... no, no, no... if we did draft Bynum, buttraded him for Kidd like New Jersey had agreed to... and Garnett and Allen never went to the Celtics, we would have back-to-back titles.

There's no way to prove 'if' threads. People bring scenarios up in other threads, and it never goes anywhere, because there's no way to provean 'if'. No way.

*locked*

Back
Top Bottom