EWD's Tech Start-Up Company Vol...Iono

op7GIPM.png
Winner 

can you see what you're filiming/shooting while the drone is in the air.

only way i see it happen is through a cellular backhaul.
Yes, the drone he has sends a hd video feed to his tablet(plugged into remote) that has next to no lag

I used to work with a guy that had a side business doing real estate photography/video with a drone. About 5-6 years ago, BEFORE drones blew up. He now does it full time and has been pretty successful. His birds eye view drone photos are on the cover of Luxury Homes Magazine all the time.

side note: he also gets payed sometimes by local news stations to shoot video for some stories.  Anyone remember that girl Jaycee Dugard that was kidnapped and held in the backyard for like 20 years and was found in the bay area?  He shot all the photos/video of that backyard. his footage was all over the national news.

Like 3 of the pics i need an explanation for, the old guy pointing, the radio shack and the one on this page.

so if you're in an area where cell coverage is subpar or close to non-existent. then the visual connection to your phone/tablet won't work?

like a lake or an inlet of some sort

so if you're in an area where cell coverage is subpar or close to non-existent. then the visual connection to your phone/tablet won't work?

like a lake or an inlet of some sort
The connection is between the drone and the remote, the remote plugs into the phone/tablet to use the screen but nothing is ever wirelessly transmitted to the phone.

Areas where cell coverage isn't great is actually idea as you want as little cellular interference as possible

I would advise not flying in highly populated areas because there are people with signal jammers sitting around. I know a guy who was flying his 1k drone by the beach when his signal got jammed and he had to watch his drone fly off into the ocean

And there lies the problem. Every joe blow has a drone. The market becomes saturated. There is no money to be made unless you were established in drone tech before it became trendy
On the real how do you make money with drones :nerd:

freelance photography/video

I'm going to start doing it myself as a side hustle

been talking to a few real estate agents, they know who to call if they need quality aerial camera work to market their properties 

i wouldnt consider doing this as a startup though and once you have the drone i dont see what else you need funding for

EWD just wanted to floss the durango :lol:
[COLOR=#red]Your boy is officially in the UAV game. From surveying, to agriculture, to aerial videoography. I self-invested in everything you see in the pic. Going after venture capital money now. They like it better when you startup on your own dime...they know you are more likely to respect their money. More details tomorrow.

View media item 1668657

How did this thread become such a classic
laugh.gif

Those shops were flawlessly executed
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom