Excessive or Justified? Vol. I Thought This Only Happened at Walmart

Yeah I don't know :lol:

I have compassion because I believe that some unfortunate circumstance(s) or chain of events can lead a person to shoplift (eventually) among many other things.

Not saying that I agree with the act in the end but I understand. Or at least try to.

I don't understand why these security guards are risking their safety either :lol:.

Yeah I don't know :lol:

I have compassion because I believe that some unfortunate circumstance(s) or chain of events can lead a person to shoplift (eventually) among many other things.

Not saying that I agree with the act in the end but I understand. Or at least try to.

I don't understand why these security guards are risking their safety either :lol:.

Some security jobs are required to detain if something happens

True - but this doesn't seem to be one of these situations B.

I don't mind being wrong though.

If they saw her stealing, they had the right to detain. The amount of force they can be sued for if it was as crazy as op said

That is what I mean. They are doing extra by putting those kinds of hands on her. Or just how security guards can be in general. They can end up with a hole in their chest's as well.

But that's their job. Reminds me of when that security guard shocked that mom infront of her kids cause she was stealing from a flea market in Atlanta and folks were saying he went too far or takin' his job too serious.

Yes, they can go too far but they have a job to protect the goods in their store. Haven't watched the vid because I'm still at my work comp so can't comment on how these guys did but def sounds like they were doing more than necessary.

These top flight security guards..
mean.gif

You a cluck if you can't see thw difference in people holding cops accountable by filming them and you dry snitching on someone shoplifting

Coming from someone who SN is LAW. So now we snitching on people who stealing when its againt the law you a cluck

FOH with that BS. If you aint doing nothing wrong me filming you shouldnt feel some type of way

@Law3001

Last edited:
But that's their job. Reminds me of when that security guard shocked that mom infront of her kids cause she was stealing from a flea market in Atlanta and folks were saying he went too far or takin' his job too serious.

Yes, they can go too far but they have a job to protect the goods in their store. Haven't watched the vid because I'm still at my work comp so can't comment on how these guys did but def sounds like they were doing more than necessary.

Excessive force is what I am saying man. :lol:

No doubt why have a job to do.

They have a job to do. But it's only so much they can do.

You can detain shoplifters to an extent. If you get overly aggressive or physical though, all you're doing is setting yourself and the company up for a potential lawsuit.

I'm assuming stores rely on the shoplifter being ignorant to the laws as a means of doing extra to stop them, but if you apprehend a shoplifter in an overly physical manner and they decide to sue or press charges, you're likely getting fired and the company isn't going to bat for you.

The merchandise is insured. If detaining the shoplifter under the guidelines of company policy doesn't work, just take the L, try and get a description of them and let the police handle it. No need trying to be robocop, hurting a shoplifter in the process and getting sued and fired as a result.

If it went viral they'd be sued already. Ole girl prolly don't know what to due.

I know at least 3 retail big box stores that have a observe and report policy. If you detain, stop them, talk to them, or even look at them, you will be fired on the spot. Corporate will also NOT have your back in any regard.

Do yall think thats better than the overbearing rent a cops?

Theres gotta be some middle ground

I know at least 3 retail big box stores that have a observe and report policy. If you detain, stop them, talk to them, or even look at them, you will be fired on the spot. Corporate will also NOT have your back in any regard.

Do yall think thats better than the overbearing rent a cops?

Theres gotta be some middle ground

That's how it was when I worked at Nike... they instructed us that if we witness a shoplifter, we are not allowed to stop them or follow them out the store.

That's the Mall Security's job to respond.

And when my ex worked at Bebe Sport, they told her if she reports a shoplifter without attempting to stop her, they get a bonus. :lol:

Every spot is different. This one place I interviewed with made it clear they wanted you to arrest if you seen something. And I would've been working at a spot near a lot of homeless. I was cool.

Don't ever steal from target. It's not really worth it. From what I know, they have their own private crime unit and their security guards are not like any other. They don't operate on the same principles of letting people run and not chasing. They will chase you and they will detain you. At least this is what I got from some ask rebbit thing about people that used to shoplift and how Target is a no go zone.

Anyways, it sucks she got treated like that, but she shouldn't have been stealing to begin with. No sympathy from me.

Back
Top Bottom