Explain Yourself Chicago..... How You Get 15 Out Of 4 And 7?

First off I'm grateful to have a discussion with no shots thrown my dude. But check this...one of the major things worked for NYC was actually a social theory named "Broken Windows". Look it up if you will...it wasn't created for NYC but it was deployed in NYC. Also there was a point where the police acted in a more integrated manner within the community...instead of being punitive all the time they were actually helpful...the police force must win back the hearts and minds of the community.
Elder, I wouldn't throw shots if it's not warranted.  Some people here just like to call people morons when they can't articulate what they want to debate.

I'll check out that solution, but I'm sure the impression of cops in Chicago would be hard to change due to the their corruption and BS throughout all these years.  

Yes, everybody is telling
me that my city as a whole is murderous, but I'm countering them and saying that the impression of Chicago is not true.  It only happens in certain areas.  
The media is sensationalizing it.  I live here and see everything that's going on, therefore my statements hold more truth than FOX news.  Is it that hard to understand?  
You're the one that called me a moron, but in actuality i'm sure the rest of the thread agrees that my points are valid.

Chicago IS the birthplace of modern American Gang Culture that you see today.  Gangster Disciples, Vice Lords, El Rukn, Black Stones, etc...try to refute that.
I am not proud of that.  It just happened to help my statement about gangs and violence go hand in hand.  

Can you tell me definitively that NYC has more gangs than Chicago? 

Your arguments are null and void and are pretty bad.  I can see why you wouldn't want to go back and forth with me.  You fire shots calling people morons, but what exactly is your argument?  What is your premise?   

Chicago has 200 murders as of Monday, it's probably at 210 now, but you still claim Chicagos violent portrait is the medias fault?

And if this is just a few blocks how is anyone still alive?

Chicago has 200 murders as of Monday, it's probably at 210 now, but you still claim Chicagos violent portrait is the medias fault?

No one said it was a few blocks.  It's mostly concentrated on the South Side.  That's a huge area.  And Chicago is violent.  Just not in all areas.  It's been violent for decades.  That's my point.  It has always and will always be like this.  This isn't nothing new.  Why is it news now?  The media just wants viewers and this is news that sheep love to watch.  That's my point.  

Are you guys even reading my responses?  Geez.....

Also, where does Chicago as a whole rank nationally in murders? I'll wait for your response.  

No one said it was a few blocks.  It's mostly concentrated on the South Side.  That's a huge area.  And Chicago is violent.  Just not in all areas.  It's been violent for decades.  That's my point.  It has always and will always be like this.  This isn't nothing new.  Why is it news now?  The media just wants viewers and this is news that sheep love to watch.  That's my point.  

Are you guys even reading my responses?  Geez.....

Detroit was never ALL bad, neither was NY, or NO, or LA so I don't get why that's even a point.

And are you suggesting the news should just ignore your city? Like why is it bad your under the spotlight?

Since you took so long, here are the cities that are more murderous than Chicago: (keep in mind murder rates are calculated by how many homicides per 100,000 people)

Detroit, MI  (Includes the Metropolitan Divisions of Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia and Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills): 10.9

Philadelphia, PA (Includes the Metropolitan Divisions of Camden, NJ; Montgomery County-Bucks County-Chester County, PA; Philadelphia, PA; and Wilmington, DE-MD-NJ): 8.6

Baltimore, MD  (Includes Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Howard, and Queen Anne’s Counties and Baltimore City): 9.5

Stockton, CA  (Includes San Joaquin County): 12.7

Memphis, TN (Includes Crittenden County, AR; Benton, DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica Counties, MS; and Fayette, Shelby, and Tipton Counties, TN): 11.5

Jackson, MS  (Includes Copiah, Hinds, Madison, Rankin, Simpson, and Yazoo Counties): 13.4

Montgomery, AL  (Includes Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, and Montgomery Counties): 13.9

Mobile, AL  (Includes Mobile County): 11.1

Birmingham, AL  (Includes Bibb, Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, St. Clair, Shelby, and Walker Counties): 9.4

Baton Rouge, LA  (Includes Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana Parishes): 11.8

Detroit was never ALL bad, neither was NY, or NO, or LA so I don't get why that's even a point.

And are you suggesting the news should just ignore your city? Like why is it bad your under the spotlight?
How come the media isn't spotlighting other cities where the murders are higher?  Notice a trend of the cities ahead of Chicago?  Small cities that are mainly inhabited by minorities, namely blacks and hispanics.   Media is saying these cities don't deserve the shine, let em kill each other and no one knows.  

How come the media isn't spotlighting other cities where the murders are higher?  Notice a trend of the cities ahead of Chicago?  Small cities that are mainly inhabited by minorities, namely blacks and hispanics.   Media is saying these cities don't deserve the shine, let em kill each other and no one knows.  

Small cities don't get PT regardless. Nobody knows how crazy it is in Indianapolis or Louisville. It's ugly I get it, but why not fix Chicago why we at it.

Since you took so long, here are the cities that are more murderous than Chicago: (keep in mind murder rates are calculated by how many homicides per 100,000 people)

Detroit, MI
 (Includes the Metropolitan Divisions of Detroit-Dearborn-Livonia and Warren-Troy-Farmington Hills): 10.9

Philadelphia, PA 
(Includes the Metropolitan Divisions of Camden, NJ; Montgomery County-Bucks County-Chester County, PA; Philadelphia, PA; and Wilmington, DE-MD-NJ): 8.6

Baltimore, MD
 (Includes Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Harford, Howard, and Queen Anne’s Counties and Baltimore City): 9.5

Stockton, CA
 (Includes San Joaquin County): 12.7

Memphis, TN 
(Includes Crittenden County, AR; Benton, DeSoto, Marshall, Tate, and Tunica Counties, MS; and Fayette, Shelby, and Tipton Counties, TN): 11.5

Jackson, MS
 (Includes Copiah, Hinds, Madison, Rankin, Simpson, and Yazoo Counties): 13.4

Montgomery, AL
 (Includes Autauga, Elmore, Lowndes, and Montgomery Counties): 13.9

Mobile, AL
 (Includes Mobile County): 11.1

Birmingham, AL
 (Includes Bibb, Blount, Chilton, Jefferson, St. Clair, Shelby, and Walker Counties): 9.4

Baton Rouge, LA
 (Includes Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Livingston, Pointe Coupee, St. Helena, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana Parishes): 11.8

Source?

Small cities don't get PT regardless. Nobody knows how crazy it is in Indianapolis or Louisville. It's ugly I get it, but why not fix Chicago why we at it.
Here's a great article about my points (with empirical evidence, take note @Rell826):

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/09/26/chicago-not-actually-murder-capital-of-well-anything/

I'm not opposed to fixing Chicago, I'm just saying it's not as bad as the media portrays it.  

This just goes to show that the media will twist anything to get viewers.  

Chicago is a progressive and beautiful city, one of the most unique in the world.  I'm just defending my city, that's all, against the medias lies.  Those lies feed into peoples perception, which is what we're debating today.  Those perceptions are false. 

But New York is filled with weirdos. It shouldn't creep her out that much.

Honesty I don't get it either. She's from Long Island if that matters. She's a tough girl but for whatever reason, SF just gets under her skin. Maybe it's one of those "it's not NYC" type things.

African American culture? Didn't know that existed so that was stupid on your part

Our culture was stripped and taken away when we came off the boats

Only black people in America who have culture have close family ties to Latin America, Caribbean, or Africa

but according to NT, they're just blacks that deny their "TRUE" culture.

NT can be so confusing sometimes :rolleyes

African American culture? Didn't know that existed so that was stupid on your part

Only black people in America who have culture have close family ties to Latin America, Caribbean, or Africa

dumbest statement of 2014....

blues, jazz, rock ,soul, hiphop = all parts of "black" aka african american culture....

latina americans, carribeans, Africans didn't create those

Last edited:
This dude brought up gangs of new York? :lol:

Anyways. Yes the media is playing it up. If you haven't been to Chicago go sit down. It's not a zoo out there. Or just sit there and act like it's the worst place ever because you watch fox news. This dude literally talks down on everything like he's an expert. From home ownership to cities he's never been in. Rell is a clown.

I'll sit and wait for him to tell me to go back to the trailer park now.

blues, jazz, rock ,soul, hiphop = all parts of "black" aka african american culture....

latina americans, carribeans, Africans didn't create those[/quote

blues is 100% most definitely black culture. But seriously, EVERYBODY has culture.

A CBS Local link is supposed to be empirical evidence? You've yet to disprove how poor schooling, Chicago politics and black/teen unemployment contribute to what's going on in your city. Other posters have alluded to the same thing yet you throw up the same defense with different wording. VICE went to your city and interviewed people from Alderman to dudes in the street and have said the same thing. Do I need to post that as empirical evidence? **** outta here. You low key take pride in what's going on hence the birth place of gangs.

MPLS,

Get off my sack. You don't like what I say block me. Always have something to say. You a piece of white trash that wishes he had some melanin.

A CBS Local link is supposed to be empirical evidence? You've yet to disprove how poor schooling, Chicago politics and black/teen unemployment contribute to what's going on in your city. Other posters have alluded to the same thing yet you throw up the same defense with different wording. VICE went to your city and interviewed people from Alderman to dudes in the street and have said the same thing. Do I need to post that as empirical evidence? **** outta here. You low key take pride in what's going on hence the birth place of gangs.

MPLS,

Get off my sack. You don't like what I say block me. Always have something to say. You a piece of white trash that wishes he had some melanin.

C'mon man, it's just the internet. No reason to insult a fellow comrade.

You're the dude who throws temper tantrums every time someone disagres with you. Talking about I always got something to say like you are an authority figure to me. :lol: I don't know what you mean by I wish I had melamine. I guess another race swing and a miss at me. Try harder man, a lot harder.

Chicago is the birth place of gangs. We're not talking about hatchet wielding drunks. Structured gangs.

Good vice video. Fox news owns stake in them.

Last edited:

latina americans, carribeans, Africans didn't create those

Those examples don't compare to other nations and all those genres have damn near been stolen by white America....hip hop is next

I've been around African and Caribbean blacks and their culture is > African American culture

While they have music it's other aspects that makes theirs intriguing and dope

Hip hop culture ain't keeping tight knit families

Last edited:

MPLS,

When people don't have anything intelligent to say, they resort to insults.  I'm talking to you @Rell826.  

There are empirical statistics within that article, did you even read it or was it "too long, didn't read?" 

You're bringing up VICE as a better example than a news article written locally in Chicago with cold hard facts?  I think I'm done with you.  I'm feeling dumber after having interacted with you.  

Back
Top Bottom