EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

I'm just curious to see how long he was there. I know on the radio scanner they had a person fitting the description run off into the woods, but than I never heard anything after that.

Can you imagine being the guy who looks out window and sees America's most wanted person sitting in his boat? unreal.
eek.gif

-There are millions of Americans that hate America

-It not really about feeling sorry for the kid, it is about understanding his motives.

-People love to think that terrorist just exist, they never want to understand what pushes these young men into that sort of life. They never what to imagine that suicide bombers or the 9-11 attackers believed themselves to be good people doing God's work.

-From the point of view of many, America is the terrorist, and they are rebels fighting against an evil empire.

But **** trying to understand there people, they're just "evil" or "crazy" or a "terrorist".

No human will ever find greater comfort, than that offered by the warm embrace of their own ignorance

Our foreign policy is a cancer. That will never justify murdering civilians.

-Once again I was not trying to justify killing civilians. Just trying to point out to the blood thirsty dudes in there that they need to pump their breaks a lil and realize these America hating dudes don't just pop up like magic or are born that way.

-America's military kills civilians in other countries too. So it is not like our hands are clean on that either, word to Dubya's and Barry's drone strikes

But like I said, is all depends on what dudes story is.

Last edited:

-It not really about feeling sorry for the kid, it is about understanding his motives.

-People love to think that terrorist just exist, they never want to understand what pushes these young men into that sort of life. They never what to imagine that suicide bombers or the 9-11 attackers believed themselves to be good people doing God's work.

-From the point of view of many, America is the terrorist, and they are rebels fighting against an evil empire.

But **** trying to understand there people, they're just "evil" or "crazy" or a "terrorist".

No human will ever find greater comfort, than that offered by the warm embrace of their own ignorance

What I meant by these considered terrorists being Americans who hate America is just that. The terrorist of the past never became naturalized, or tweeted eminen raps, or went to hs/college parties. These guys are sleepers. Yes I understand what a terrorist must think of our country. I'm sure these guys felt they were doing the right thing. They acted to instill terror on the American people. No matter who made them do it, or why. They have motive for a motive. It is either to follow instructions of the cause or to impress the cause. Their cause. Trying To create terror makes you a terrorist.

Elude police? This kid had a small army after him...helicopters,robots, FBI, military personnel, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were using satellites and drones to look for him. From all the reports we've heard so far he was a "normal kid" and not some trained criminal. All I'm trying to say is that this kid caused a lot of confusion about his whereabouts with so many trained professionals looking for him. I'm glad they got him but I don't understand how he managed to escape after the initial chase and fire fight last night

It's hard to find someone when they're laid up in boat that's covered with a tarp. He had most likely been there since last night.

SMH @ people up in arms because he wasn't caught in a matter of minutes. Dude was immobile and out of sight. WTF do you want them to do? All these tactical units weren't even brought in until after he fled. Once they knew the general area he was in, they played it safe and weren't overly aggressive. Why criticize? Mission complete.

One random person getting shot, while absolutely terrible, is not a terrorist attack such as this. These dudes wanted to make a statement for whatever reason, and chose the premier marathon in this country to do it. We'll find out their motives soon enough but they even timed this bomb dropoff to be in coordination with the most heavy runner/audience traffic. Notice these didn't go off when the winners came through, they waited until a good majority of people were finishing and a larger audience would be present.

It was a terrorist attack on the people of the United States...you don't just wake up one day and say "oh I'm gonna make a bomb and blow up hundreds of people", you develop those sentiments over time whether you're talked into it by your sibling or you harbor that resentment and disregard for your fellow human's life; it doesn't matter.

And I think they were trying to say that people can cheer and support and chant their city or country for sporting events that literally have no impact on their actual lives and not get second guessed...yet when people whose lives were actually in danger, may have lost family or friends in this (or have close friends/relatives who were severely injured) who chant USA or yell "this is Boston" or applaud the police, FBI, etc. they get looked at sideways by some people and deemed "inappropriate", even though this is so much more significant in the grand scheme of things.

Thank you for the well thought out and timely response.
The term terrorist has been used a lot more loosely now. Quoting wiki "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians). Some definitions now include acts of unlawful violence and war." To me it is still unclear if this is a direct attack on the USA. I'm not ruling it out but its not concrete to me as well at least not until I hear what the bomber actually has to say.

Also even with your explanation, I still stand on my grounds that comparing this to a sporting event is ridiculous. But also note that if this is actually an attack on our country then the chants are perfectly justified.
I have nothing against being happy or cheering our police force for the capture of the bomber. I was never against their cheering nor deemed it inappropriate. It is just the fact that at the moment we are still unclear of the bombers motives so in my opinion the USA chants are .. I wouldn't go as far as saying inappropriate but a bit baseless.

Again I am not ruling out that it is an attack on our country (it does appear that it is) but it is premature to say so, like the initial response to a bombing is to think its an Al-Qaeda attack.

I definitely see where you're coming from on not wanting to be premature....I think we may just be looking at "an attack on America" in different ways. I'm just saying that the act of setting the bombs off, with it being methodically orchestrated is an attack on America, directly on citizens in a public space. I think, and I could be totally wrong (if so please correct me), that you may be saying the "attack on America" aspect may mean that it was sponsored by an outside group like Al-Qaeda or something. I was just trying to look at the sports thing with how I interpreted it form that poster....I just feel the act in a vacuum, is a terrorist attack on the country and people, automatically assuming al-queda links would definitely be premature and I def agree there.

Elude police? This kid had a small army after him...helicopters,robots, FBI, military personnel, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were using satellites and drones to look for him. From all the reports we've heard so far he was a "normal kid" and not some trained criminal. All I'm trying to say is that this kid caused a lot of confusion about his whereabouts with so many trained professionals looking for him. I'm glad they got him but I don't understand how he managed to escape after the initial chase and fire fight last night

Well, with your baseless speculation it's easy to see why you don't understand. These guys know what they are doing, and I'm guessing they figured chasing a dude with a number of explosive devices through the dark was not the best strategy. They instead chose to set up a perimeter and slowly make their way through the area. The bomber did not elude anybody. That's why he's in custody now.

Last edited:

What I meant by these considered terrorists being Americans who hate America is just that. The terrorist of the past never became naturalized, or tweeted eminen raps, or went to hs/college parties. These guys are sleepers. Yes I understand what a terrorist must think of our country. I'm sure these guys felt they were doing the right thing. They acted to instill terror on the American people. No matter who made them do it, or why. They have motive for a motive. It is either to follow instructions of the cause or to impress the cause. Their cause. Trying To create terror makes you a terrorist.

Well like I said we will have to wait to her homeboy's story, because you and me are speculating on two different possible explanations

Yes the feds were on this immediately, but they didn't have access to all the footage RIGHT AWAY. There was SOME footage immediately available, but none that could pinpoint the two. And even when they did get a ton of footage they still have to sift through it. And when they find someone that could be a suspect they have to sift through the footage even more to trace the suspects steps to be sure. This all takes time. Clearly the best photos they got of the two were the ones they released, there would be no point in holding back higher res photos.

The Feds aren't stupid, you're right. That's why when they proclaim a person ARMED & DANGEROUS they approach the situation with extreme caution. You refer to the bomber as a kid. He's not just a kid. He was heavily armed, not just with guns, but explosive devices. His accomplice had a bomb strapped to his body. They are NOT going to charge in on a guy like that, especially if they can possibly take him alive.

AGAIN this **** is not a movie. It doesn't wrap up in a matter of 3 hours. It takes actual work.
I know how intelligence works man. As I said, this started on the 15th and they worked around the clock to identify the suspects off top. There were tons of images flooding into local, state, and federal databases from various areas. The use of somewhat inter-operable Biometric Databases allows for this type of instances, where you are able to reference across various intelligence databases to pull together a profile. You truthfully think that those agencies would allow a user on Reddit to outwork them, when they have systems in place designed for this very reason? Do not underestimate the intelligence community. I know many people aren't familiar with their Face Recognition technology, but it is absolutely insane the capabilities that they have been introducing and are still introducing. Once again, during the 15th, those cameras, whether they be at the traffic light or public building cameras, captured footage and photographs that they could reference against priors. The intelligence community of course still has to run it through the executive branch. That's why you saw the FBI come out with the news later that they had interviewed the older brother.

I understand he was armed with explosive devices. One was already taken out and of course you don't charge in on him. My thing is the length it took to catch the guy. This is after they lifted the in-home order and announced that he was still at-large. The extraction or demolition of said devices is one thing, but actually finding the suspect if he was said to have been bleeding and escaped on foot is another. K9 units couldn't pick up a scent when introduced to the hijacked vehicle? Come on man.

They found him "slightly" outside the 20 block - no drive or fly - perimeter, after falling back somewhat on national tv?

As I noted earlier in the thread, thermal heat sensors should have given his location away a lot earlier in the process and if he was armed, they could tell that as well.

Guess how they confirmed that he was in the boat? Thermal imaging attached to a helicopter.

..Still not buying the time it took

Last edited:
The guy hated America or Americans but was training to be on the Olympic team or something? Or was that the younger brother? With so much shoddy journalism and just down right misinformation, I don't think we'll EVER know the reason behind this madness.

The guy hated America or Americans but was training to be on the Olympic team or something? Or was that the younger brother? With so much shoddy journalism and just down right misinformation, I don't think we'll EVER know the reason behind this madness.
Dude went to Russia for 6 months and the FBI had intel on him. I still think Big Bro influenced little bro, but big bro had more cajones to go out big.

Dope pic of Boston celebrating.

My only concern is that there might still be "suspicious packages" around.

P.S. WTF is wrong with it? The city was on lockdown, SWAT rolling through the streets, explosions overnight, and genuine fear with this guy on the lose. Now that it seems to be over, why the **** shouldn't they be celebrating?

We don't need to hear his motive from his mouth to feel like celebrating or patriotic. These people went through hell.

Plus, this was most definitely an attack on America. We don't need to hear that from him. We don't know if it was on his behalf, his brother's, his country's, his terrorist cell's, or whatever. But they set of bombs in BOSTON and killed people in BOSTON. That's an attack on America.

I've got family in New England so I did know what it was, but evvvverybody up there knows that Holiday its statewide, schools are let out and everything...the youngest one for sure well knew what that day was since he's been there from age 9, this wasn't random or a fit of anger that bombing was planned out and timed...and regardless if that was only some sick "fun" for them or not, that's an attack on America, innocent Americans were killed and others have had their lives changed forever. If someone is drunk and stupid, punches one of your close relatives but did it randomly; would you not consider that an attack on your family? I don't think their motive matters, they did it and killed innocent people..thats an attack on the USA.

Nowhere did I say the motive doesn't matter for anything.....but the motive is not the distinguishing characteristic for whether it was an attack on America or not. What difference does it make whether their motive was al-queda related/sponsored or just them having resentment for America because they felt isolated? Please explain to me how that changes what happened? The motive is important but to say the motive is what will make you say this was an attack on America makes no sense. And where the hell are all these daily terrorist attacks happening in the USA? The fact that they pre-planned a bombing at a public event, and timed it to inflict the most damage they could with two small bombs is enough for me to consider it a terrorist attack on America...or would you rather we call it an act of terror that just so happened to occur in the USA :stoneface: And I'm not saying or calling for this to prompt any kind of response against these people, their families, or their country of origin.

By your logic...prior to us actually discovering with 100% certainty the motive of the 9/11 hijackers, that was not officially an attack on America either...c'mon man

You said it there..."I don't think their motive matters..."

???

Was I supposed to understand that you meant motive does matter when you clealrly said said it doesn't? :lol:

"Attack on America" has certain connotations to it. Because an attack happened in America, that doesn't mean that it was an attack ON America. People didn't say the Sandy Hook shootings were an attack on America, why not? People didn't say the Aurora Shootings was an attack on America, why not? People didn't say the shooting at the Sikh Temple Shootings were an attack on America, why not?

Clearly, the motive does matter as to whether you can classify something as an "attack on America." All of the mentioned attacks were planned. None of them happened spontaneously. And if you were to call them these events terrorism, I would agree with you.

And yes, prior to knowing the motives behind 9/11, we could not have said it was an attack on America. But we could have assumed due to previous terrorist attacks on it. The first question that would come to mind is WHY would someone do something like this. Same situation with the Boston Marathon. People want to the WHY. People want to know the motives because it's important.

tl;dr: terrorist attack, but might not be attack on America[/quote] [/quote]

____

Nah you're absolutely right...that's my fault, I should have clarified what I meant with the motive thing in my first statement...I said it the way I intended the second quote you have: " the motive is not the distinguishing characteristic for whether it was an attack on America or not. What difference does it make whether their motive was al-queda related/sponsored or just them having resentment for America because they felt isolated?"

Thats what I meant...that the motive isn't what distinguishes it as an attack on America in my opinion...its important in understanding why, but the truth is that we may never even know the true reason "why". I actually consider Sandy Hook, Aurora, and the Sikh Temple shootings as terrorist attacks on America even though thats not what the general consensus may believe, thats just me...I completely get why you're saying they are terrorist attacks that happened here but in my opinion they are domestic acts of terror on American citizens.

The phrase "attack on America" does have certain connotations though, but I'm not even saying all that when I state that this and 9/11 and the mass shootings were attacks on America. I think you may think I'm automatically assuming off the top that they are related, inspired, and driven by outside or international terror groups, I'm not implying that. It boils down to me not requiring there to be outside influence for something to be considered an attack on America...born and raised Americans can commit acts on America without any exposure or influence by Al-queda or similar orgs.; most people when they say "attack on America" mean that it is a sponsored or orchestrated event by a terror group using these people as conduits to inflict suffering on our country.

We're arguing semantics now though. I see your point more clearly now, but I still disagree with your classification of it being dependent on the motive :lol:

Last edited:
I am so surprised he didn't off himself while sitting in that boat. He had a relatively large window to do it, contemplate it.

The only reason I can think of is he didn't have the balls or he didn't fully "believe" in his actions.

Regardless I hope this is a good sign that he'll talk truthfully. He knew where he was going to spend the rest of his life, so it shouldn't take much to convince him to talk.

Last edited:
-Once again I was not trying to justify killing civilians. Just trying to point out to the blood thirsty dudes in there that they need to pump their breaks a lil and realize these America hating dudes don't just pop up like magic or are born that way.

-America's military kills civilians in other countries too. So it is not like our hands are clean on that either, word to Dubya's and Barry's drone strikes

But like I said, is all depends on what dudes story is.

What are you trying to prove by mentioning that?

Should we curtail our emotions as individuals because our military has killed innocents?

I am so surprised he didn't off himself while sitting in that boat. He had a relatively large window to do it, contemplate it.

The only reason I can think of is he didn't have the balls or he didn't fully "believe" in his actions.

Regardless I hope this is a good sign that he'll talk truthfully. He knew where he was going to spend the rest of his life, so it shouldn't take much to convince him to talk.
I don't know... his tweets suggest he knew exactly what he was doing, but at the same time you're right, he gave up in the fight and did something that we all didn't think was going to end up as the outcome.

Well, with your baseless speculation it's easy to see why you don't understand. These guys know what they are doing, and I'm guessing they figured chasing a dude with a number of explosive devices through the dark was not the best strategy. They instead chose to set up a perimeter and slowly make their way through the area. The bomber did not elude anybody. That's why he's in custody now.

Lets not go back and forth cause I'm not trying to change your mind...just stating my opinion on the matter. Both of us are entitled to our own opinions and I have a different view as do you and I'll leave it at that.

Just glad this is over with and hopefully he survives, so that we can get some answers from him and have a better understanding of why they did this.

Someone on the news reported a little while ago that the Russians had told the FBI to look into the older brother before any of this happened...not sure if thats true but its the first I've heard of it. So maybe they knew about something he was involved with when he went back to Russia for 6 months?

I don't know... his tweets suggest he knew exactly what he was doing, but at the same time you're right, he gave up in the fight and did something that we all didn't think was going to end up as the outcome.

He may have believed in it but maybe not enough to die for it... I dunno... either way, it's encouraging that he didn't take the coward's way out even after he had a lot of time to think about it. Getting him to talk shouldn't be too hard if he chose life in jail over death (if he survives his wounds).

I just want to hear if they were working alone and on their own beliefs, or with others... not that it would be entirely truthful, but at least it's a start...

Guess how they confirmed that he was in the boat? Thermal imaging attached to a helicopter.

..Still not buying the time it took

They used FLIR when they had a bead on him. I don't necessarily think it would be most effective last night. There was already one innocent guy that was stripped search last night. Now imagine trying to pick one guy out of densely populated area. You could easily pick out the wrong person, send a bunch of units to investigate and open a hole for the suspect to make a run. Plus, those choppers can't stay in the air all night.

Last edited:
I don't think he wanted to die for the "cause", otherwise he would have strapped explosives to himself like his brother did.

I think of an attack on America as not only a physical attack on America, but also an attack on America's ideologies (whatever they may be :lol:).

I understand your point. Any mass killings of innocent Americans is an attack on America is to you.

I think terrorist acts committed in America aren't necessarily attacks on America. This is where motives come into play for me.

I don't think he wanted to die for the "cause", otherwise he would have strapped explosives to himself like his brother did.
This is my thinking.

Dude was worn out, maybe he thinks he can get some sort of deal
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom