f

For starters browse Frys selection of computers and get familiar with their models
About 90% of your customers will come up to you and ask you which computer you think they should get just ask them open ended questions
5% will come in with a print out and hand it to you and say my son, sister, it guy said I need this
The remaining 5% will actually know what they are talking about and try to show you that they are smarter than you

Check out websites like imtel edge and cyber scholar for training or just go on new egg and tiger direct and read

For starters browse Frys selection of computers and get familiar with their models
About 90% of your customers will come up to you and ask you which computer you think they should get just ask them open ended questions
5% will come in with a print out and hand it to you and say my son, sister, it guy said I need this
The remaining 5% will actually know what they are talking about and try to show you that they are smarter than you

Check out websites like imtel edge and cyber scholar for training or just go on new egg and tiger direct and read

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

I have a job interview at Fryes Electronics that I extremely need to help my 'rents out with the bills.. manager asked me how much I know about computers I just said a lot and he said to come tomorrow morning for an interview.
Can anybody just give me a rundown on what's going on with computers as customers are going to go up to me and ask me things like what's a good reliable computer and all that? Basically, what are the key terms (lol) I should know,which brands are known for what, just as much information as possible.

I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Lying on an interview isn't a great way to start out a job.  You WILL get caught since computers aren't as easy as they seem. 

There are no "key" terms since there are multiple platforms and generations of systems.  If you don't at least have a working knowledge, I would just take the L and move on to the next job.

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

I have a job interview at Fryes Electronics that I extremely need to help my 'rents out with the bills.. manager asked me how much I know about computers I just said a lot and he said to come tomorrow morning for an interview.
Can anybody just give me a rundown on what's going on with computers as customers are going to go up to me and ask me things like what's a good reliable computer and all that? Basically, what are the key terms (lol) I should know,which brands are known for what, just as much information as possible.

I would really appreciate it, thanks.
Lying on an interview isn't a great way to start out a job.  You WILL get caught since computers aren't as easy as they seem. 

There are no "key" terms since there are multiple platforms and generations of systems.  If you don't at least have a working knowledge, I would just take the L and move on to the next job.

I find Fry's to be pretty knowledgeable about computers.

Don't think you're gonna fool them buddy.

google everything.

I find Fry's to be pretty knowledgeable about computers.

Don't think you're gonna fool them buddy.

google everything.

Originally Posted by Loyal Flyness

Just visit their website.
lol....i dunno man there's too many things going on with PC's & Macs, and the computer industry in general....too many topics to cover....anything in specific?

lol....i dunno man there's too many things going on with PC's & Macs, and the computer industry in general....too many topics to cover....anything in specific?

Originally Posted by Mike493961

For what youre saying, when you sell a computer its crucial to ask what is the purpose for the computer...personal use? media? business?

All goes from there.

Originally Posted by Mike493961

For what youre saying, when you sell a computer its crucial to ask what is the purpose for the computer...personal use? media? business?

All goes from there.

Back
Top Bottom