FACEBOOK IPO filing Expected next week. 100B expected. Vol. Winklevoss twins commit that

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Facebook is here to stay unless google starts to go HARD with Google +

This IPO will sell like Hotcakes. I might get in on this

11qiz5t.gif

loluw.gif

speedracerlolno.gif

Google + can compete with Facebook but Google will have to jam it down EVERYONE THROAT. I mean like every android phone user is FORCED to get one. Youtube uploads are linked through Google +. That sort of thing 

I heard that Google is contemplating giving everyone with gmail accounts automatic Google+ accounts. The user interface is pretty ugly compared to facebook, as is with most Google products. But if they do force it on everyone, it'll probably work...

Originally Posted by presequel

someone school us all on how to buy it when its available to the general public (us)...like what sites to go, etc.

You have to consult with either a broker agency or your bank and simply open a ban account which will allow you to buy and sell for stocks, etfs, bonds etc. Look around what different banks have to offer, because the trading prices can greatly differ.
I'm looking forward to FB going public, seems like a good investment.

Originally Posted by prestigeworldwidex21

Higher the price of the stock the lower the potential returns are.

Buying a symbol just for the name isn't investing, its absurd.

again'

wrong

Companies can always split / reverse-split your stock and alter the price by a multiple (See Citigroup)
laugh.gif

Let me rephrase your statement, the higher the market cap, the lower potential returns are.

You can have a 100bn market cap company with $5/share stocks and a 5bn company with $100/share stocks,

The 5bn company has far more scale potential

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

again'

wrong

Listening to Benjamin Graham before I listen to some random no one on the internet. 

No ones talking to you anyway, son.

laugh.gif

again'

wrong

Listening to Benjamin Graham before I listen to some random no one on the internet. 

No ones talking to you anyway, son.

laugh.gif

I'm an investment banker, with lead-left IPO experience though.
Judging from your post, it's safe to say you've never read an S-1 in your life....let alone help write one

I'm not a managing director, but I wouldn't call myself...."no-one":
When you go on a roadshow, write selling memos, equity commitment memos,attend dozens of drafting sessions, run the financial model and spend time with a c-level management team...then you have the right to talk down to me in my own field.

Until then, you are dismissed.

Originally Posted by anticop23

@ ThrowedInDaGa: u think FB will be a good buy?

plan to put $ 20,000 on it.

thanks.

what is your goal?

are you trying to get in in the morn and hope to sell at a peak or are you buying for long term

Until then, you are dismissed.
*ether

Facebook is here to stay unless google starts to go HARD with Google +

This IPO will sell like Hotcakes. I might get in on this

11qiz5t.gif

loluw.gif

speedracerlolno.gif

Google + can compete with Facebook but Google will have to jam it down EVERYONE THROAT. I mean like every android phone user is FORCED to get one. Youtube uploads are linked through Google +. That sort of thing 

But also if they shove it down people's throats and users simply don't like how it works it could negatively impact the brand.

Throwedindagame- You got time to answer some questions on PM?

$100 Billion market cap? Wowzers

Facebook only made $4 Billion in revenue last year. Revenue, not profit.

Good Luck with that.

Morgan Stanley is serving as the underwriters.

They're going to do an initial pricing of $35-$40 which is an excellent price to reel in the un-saavy institutional investors who'll be creaming over this regardless. As for your average individual, It'll probably reach $75-$80 in the secondary market.

Honestly, I feel that FB has already reached it's capacity, and they don't have much room to grow. I would not be going long on this one.

Morgan Stanley's Equity Capital Markets team is gonna be poppin bottles all the way to the bank though
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

Hope the stock price isn't so high that I cant get a good amount of shares when they go public. $100 billion though 
eek.gif
ohwell.gif

price is irrelevant.

It's about market cap and valuation.

If you have $100 and FB prices at $100 or $1. you buy 1 or 100 stocks respectively.

If FB goes to 120Bn, you make the same amount of money.
laugh.gif

Simple math dude.
Price is relevant. Price is always relevant. 

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

But also if they shove it down people's throats and users simply don't like how it works it could negatively impact the brand.

Throwedindagame- You got time to answer some questions on PM?
Google Shoves a Account for regular google things like Gmail the moment you start up a android phone. All it takes is alot of market research and then a overhaul of the current G+. Once everyone is forced to have a account they will slowly start using it more and more. 

I hate google for that I feel like they're always tracking what u do.

And I wish I could get in at the same time as these institutions for a quick profit.

i'm prob gonna grab a few shares depending on ipo price... but me having to disclose will take me longer leading me to buy it at an inflated price.

btw, i expect ms to left lead with a marketcap somewhere around 80-90 billion

Originally Posted by cord15

Originally Posted by Noskey

Hope the stock price isn't so high that I cant get a good amount of shares when they go public. $100 billion though 
eek.gif
ohwell.gif

price is irrelevant.

It's about market cap and valuation.

If you have $100 and FB prices at $100 or $1. you buy 1 or 100 stocks respectively.

If FB goes to 120Bn, you make the same amount of money.
laugh.gif

Simple math dude.
Price is relevant. Price is always relevant. 

ThrowedInDaGame is correct. Price is irrelevant.  The (price) x (total number of shares) is relevant. 

Originally Posted by reigndrop

i'm prob gonna grab a few shares depending on ipo price... but me having to disclose will take me longer leading me to buy it at an inflated price.

btw, i expect ms to left lead with a marketcap somewhere around 80-90 billion
pimp.gif
 My man. 

Back
Top Bottom