Fake/GM Doernbecher 6s have hit the market...

I really need to start doing more research...

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Browsing eBay, and the first pair that popped up on my feed was a pair of DB6s.  Already have a pair, but the price was stupid low ($600 for a DS pair), so jumped quick as it had already been viewed 50+ times in the few minutes the auction was live.  

Didn't even occur to me that they might have started making fakes.  Apparently they just started to.  Ugh...

Requested a refund, and hopefully the guy will just go ahead and cancel the transaction to save himself the trouble/shipping costs.  If not, I'll get a few side by side pics of these new GMs w/ the authentics before filing a claim through eBay/Paypal to hopefully shed some light.

Be careful...I'm usually pretty diligent, but got antsy when seeing them and jumped too soon.

Thanks for the heads up. What's the seller's name
I don't know if you can post sellers names in here. I know they don't like posting live auctions.

He refunded me quickly, but relisted them again. If you'd like to see yourself, just pop on ebay. Doernbecher 6, size 13. I have reported the listing, but sometimes it takes awhile to come down.

Again, be safe. I didn't follow the "too good to be true" rule. Don't want anyone getting burned.

Back
Top Bottom