Fall 2013 Air Jordan 8 AQUA !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
these aren't even confirmed yet? :smh: This whole time I've been thinking these were dropping in august for some reason hah

They were confirmed last year but nothing has been heard since. But at the same time if the "bugs bunny's" and the "playoffs" are releasing this year why wouldn't we get the "aquas"? Is it off subject to mention that we're just now getting the fire red 3's this year though, 2 years after the 23rd anniversary? Bottom line is JB makes no sense

If these come out it'll be a quickstrike. They are NOT on Jordan Brand's schedule for the holiday. Maybe they got swapped for the Aqua 5's.

**** it, I'ma cop these just because. I need some VIII's in the collection again. I haven't had a pair since high school

EDIT -

these aren't even confirmed yet? :smh: This whole time I've been thinking these were dropping in august for some reason hah

NVM... No confirmation = I'll save my anticipation

Last edited:

They were confirmed last year but nothing has been heard since. But at the same time if the "bugs bunny's" and the "playoffs" are releasing this year why wouldn't we get the "aquas"? Is it off subject to mention that we're just now getting the fire red 3's this year though, 2 years after the 23rd anniversary? Bottom line is JB makes no sense
These were not confirmed.

They info was leaked by the same person at Nike who leaked last years roster of Jordan IVs. He also brought to light the Oly VIs and VIIs would drop. That guy was pretty accurate except he said the Oreos would come out instead of the Thunders. Things change.

Dude said to also expect Maroons, Sport Blue VIs, Chromes, Bugs Bunnies, and Playoffs this year.

Bugs Bunnies and Playoffs are the only ones coming out of that list. The Aquas eventually replaced the Chromes and we havent heard anything since.

Wish I still had the link

so whens the playoffs RD and how come no pictures surfaced yet? JB is getting weird they got all the fall and holiday shoes confirmed but no one thing besides grapes and black toe for spring/summer

These were not confirmed.

They info was leaked by the same person at Nike who leaked last years roster of Jordan IVs. He also brought to light the Oly VIs and VIIs would drop. That guy was pretty accurate except he said the Oreos would come out instead of the Thunders. Things change.

Dude said to also expect Maroons, Sport Blue VIs, Chromes, Bugs Bunnies, and Playoffs this year.

Bugs Bunnies and Playoffs are the only ones coming out of that list. The Aquas eventually replaced the Chromes and we havent heard anything since.

Wish I still had the link

Exactly, things change. The aquas are a big deal JB wouldn't just throw them in with a big year like this. As compensation those aqua 5's will probably QS. As for the VI's I'm pretty sure we'll get those next year for the 23rd anniversary of the VI's. Carmine VI's with Nike air anyone?

Exactly, things change. The aquas are a big deal JB wouldn't just throw them in with a big year like this. As compensation those aqua 5's will probably QS. As for the VI's I'm pretty sure we'll get those next year for the 23rd anniversary of the VI's. Carmine VI's with Nike air anyone?
Nah!  I'm thinking at the quarter century mark (25th), it means and sounds better.  I don't think any of the models 3-6 will have the Nike Air tagging during their 23rd anniversary. We have a better chance of getting Nike Air on a particualr pair of  6's in 2016.  Next year, I'm thinking the black cement 4's are going to get the Nike Air treatment around the playoffs, to pay homage to the "the shot" during the 2nd round of the eastern conference playoffs.  That's just my humble opinion.

Ok I know I'm all alone on this one (ab-soul voice) but I don't want NA or any of my OG CW's (3-6) of jordans. Yeah I know call me crazy but I respect OGs. I don't want a retro with the OG treatment because it will feel like im cheating IMO. Besides as I said before I have no problem with the jumpman logo its the like the growth and evolution of the brand. For 1s its cool because its not a big change and the logo is so small on the tongue. If I get lets say the 88 retro I'll look at the other 3s like why do I have you lol or just say your an odd ball. This again is just my perception of it.

Hope they don't do these. Two pairs of 8's are enough for one year....and I can't see them doing in black colorway in Spring/Summer. Was very surprised about Playoff 8s, but it is during the NBA playoffs

The Black Infrareds with NA is what I am looking for.

Nah!  I'm thinking at the quarter century mark (25th), it means and sounds better.  I don't think any of the models 3-6 will have the Nike Air tagging during their 23rd anniversary. We have a better chance of getting Nike Air on a particualr pair of  6's in 2016.  Next year, I'm thinking the black cement 4's are going to get the Nike Air treatment around the playoffs, to pay homage to the "the shot" during the 2nd round of the eastern conference playoffs.  That's just my humble opinion.
Why again does the NA have to be 23rd or 25th anniv? I think they will just randomly pick which shoes will have NA from now on. At least that is what I hope.

Ok I know I'm all alone on this one (ab-soul voice) but I don't want NA or any of my OG CW's (3-6) of jordans. Yeah I know call me crazy but I respect OGs. I don't want a retro with the OG treatment because it will feel like im cheating IMO. Besides as I said before I have no problem with the jumpman logo its the like the growth and evolution of the brand. For 1s its cool because its not a big change and the logo is so small on the tongue. If I get lets say the 88 retro I'll look at the other 3s like why do I have you lol or just say your an odd ball. This again is just my perception of it.
For 1s it is the worst. That huge jumpman on the heel pisses me off like nothing else. Why have a GIANT Nike Check, a huge basketball with wings jordan logo, then a huge jumpman on the back? Go back to the blank heel Nike.

No the evolution of the brand would come from when Nike decided to dual brand these things (from the VIIs on). The Is-VIs should have never gotten the jumpman.

For 1s it is the worst. That huge jumpman on the heel pisses me off like nothing else. Why have a GIANT Nike Check, a huge basketball with wings jordan logo, then a huge jumpman on the back? Go back to the blank heel Nike.

No the evolution of the brand would come from when Nike decided to dual brand these things (from the VIIs on). The Is-VIs should have never gotten the jumpman.
I know what your saying what I ment was replacing the nike logo with the jumpman not adding a random jumpman logo where it didn't go lol. I should've mentioned that. As for the jumpman on the tongue isnt that bad for me but I feel you on the heel. It probably doesn't bother me as much as it does you though. If the cw is right the heel won't stop me from copping not sure how you feel?

^Few things bother me more than that huge jumpman on the back. As for the one on the tongue, I dont mind it
I'll grab them if the colorway is tight since I like Is a lot.

But to put it in perspective, people say the OG treatment 1s isnt worth the $30 for the material and quality difference. I am willing to pay that much just to not have the jumpman on the back. The fact that I get no jumpman on the back AND better quality/materials and no jumpman on the tongue for only $30 extra? Well thank you basedgod.

woot woot SWAG #rare

lol i swear i crack up everytime i see t.o and this face ether a pic or the real video

Why again does the NA have to be 23rd or 25th anniv? I think they will just randomly pick which shoes will have NA from now on. At least that is what I hope.

It doesn't have to be the 23rd or 25th anniversary, but it also doesn't need to be there!  J's today sell just fine with or without the Nike Air on the back.  The only benefit JB get's for placing "Nike Air" on the back, is a price hike, which leads to sneakerheads whining and complaining about the old days and prices.  The Jumpman Logo represents who they are as a company.  Placing "Nike Air" on the back of J's on a permanent and or consistent basis would make them look like they couldn't stand on their own to feet, relying on nike to help them move their products.  And you and I both know, based off of media coverage and sales, that's not the case.  

I had feeling once they brought "Nike Air" back to commemorate one of his milestones, it'd open the floodgates to what if's.

Doesn't hurt to hope I guess.

It doesn't have to be the 23rd or 25th anniversary, but it also doesn't need to be there!  J's today sell just fine with or without the Nike Air on the back.  The only benefit JB get's for placing "Nike Air" on the back, is a price hike, which leads to sneakerheads whining and complaining about the old days and prices.  The Jumpman Logo represents who they are as a company.  Placing "Nike Air" on the back of J's on a permanent and or consistent basis would make them look like they couldn't stand on their own to feet, relying on nike to help them move their products.  And you and I both know, based off of media coverage and sales, that's not the case.  

I had feeling once they brought "Nike Air" back to commemorate one of his milestones, it'd open the floodgates to what if's.

Doesn't hurt to hope I guess.
^^ this is what i ment by evolution. You worded this perfect and could't be any more true IMO

^Few things bother me more than that huge jumpman on the back. As for the one on the tongue, I dont mind it
I'll grab them if the colorway is tight since I like Is a lot.

But to put it in perspective, people say the OG treatment 1s isnt worth the $30 for the material and quality difference. I am willing to pay that much just to not have the jumpman on the back. The fact that I get no jumpman on the back AND better quality/materials and no jumpman on the tongue for only $30 extra? Well thank you basedgod.
it's opposite to me i could stand the heel jumpman more than the jumpman air on the tongue to me it just looks so out of place it would look better if it didnt say air i think at least

^^ this is what i ment by evolution. You worded this perfect and could't be any more true IMO

But Jordan's are Nikes and their isn't any 2 ways about it. Yeah I get that they're a brand but they're a subsidiary company of Nike. The jump man logo is just as popular as the Nike check but the Nike check still gets the check...catch my drift lol

But Jordan's are Nikes and their isn't any 2 ways about it. Yeah I get that they're a brand but they're a subsidiary company of Nike. The jump man logo is just as popular as the Nike check but the Nike check still gets the check...catch my drift lol
I still don't get what they are trying to get at. At the end of the day the technology debuted in Jordan I-VI were debuted in Air Forces and Air Maxes. Not to mention I, IIIs, and IVs took a large cue from Dunks, Revolutions, and Flights, Any brand "evolution" could not have come until they decided to stop using Nike debuted technology and stop modifying old Nikes. I-VI are in every way, shape, and form Jordans. They did nothing to set themselves apart from Nike until the VIIs when they decided to stop using the NA logo. They shouldn't claim the jumpman on the I-VIs 15 years or so after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom