Farting Etiquette at Work

So i'm just doing my work minding my own business then i hear a long loud fart.. It was obviously not one of those silent ones... Then I hear my co-worker repeatedly say sorry... It was dead silence so I know everyone in fact heard it but they were all looking at each other in disbelief it happen so randomly... I tried to control myself and hold my laugh in but did this ever happen to anyone at work? Sometimes our body gets the best of us

The etiquette should be that I don't know you farted. Whether it was loud or a silent killer, you shouldn't be farting in the office. Do that outside or in the bathroom behind the stall.

I feel disrespected when dudes just let it rip in mens room while at the urinal. Like they don't give a damn I'm standing one stall away from them.

Last edited:
IMO - If you are comfortable with your coworkers and vice versa.........go ahead and let it out as long it's not a loud one.

The etiquette should be that I don't know you farted. Whether it was loud or a silent killer, you shouldn't be farting in the office. Do that outside or in the bathroom behind the stall.

I feel disrespected when dudes just let it rip in mens room while at the urinal. Like they don't give a damn I'm standing one stall away from them.

:rofl: idk why this made me laugh so much

:rofl:

What can you do you not fart at a urinal? Your body has to relax those muscles to let out the urine

I usually feel one about to rip but I try my best to not let it come out loudly.

I work in a bus depot and these dudes are savages. They be taking a dump while legit talking to another dude who taking a leak or washing his hands.

i actually thought it was ok to let it rip in the bathroom since your in there... Sometimes they do OD though :lol:

Thread is funny.

Funny thing is my team is all men and one lady. And we let it ride whenever. So funny.

In public I try to mask my farts by slamming the car door at the same time, or just slip one out wild a bunch of people are talking. Walking near construction helps as well.

I'm in an enclosed office so when my co worker leaves I just let it rip and then try to mask it with clorox wipes....like that crap works lol!!

I go for a walk.... a discreet part of the office. We had a coworker who's flatulence was non stop. So bad several guys went to the supervisor. I think she spoke with him and it stopped... but he was recently laid off. I feel like his ripping farts were the reason low key (amongst other things)

For farting...

How to poop at work, also has tips on farting at work... Info is gold.

Last edited:

The etiquette is that you do whatever you can get away with.

I've worked in an office environment for 13 years, this really is the etiquette.

I spray liquid *** at work from time to time :lol:

:smokin :lol: :rofl:

I STILL keep forgetting about that. I've wanted to buy it for 10 years now. hhaa..

I work in an office with all women. If they start getting on my nerves I make sure to load up on a whole bag of beef jerky and silently blast them out of the office all day.

I give zero cares about it.

Its my little way rather than get annoyed.

The etiquette is that you do whatever you can get away with.

I've worked in an office environment for 13 years, this really is the etiquette.

THIS. I used to take naps on the toilet all the time when I worked for banks. Seat down of course.

I was in my cubicle and I just had Chipotle, a lot of people had already left for the day and I had the bubble guts real bad so I check to see that it's clear. It was so I let one rip like a long silent one, I already knew what it was but my stomach felt so much better, no lie like 10 Seconds pass and my coworker come in my cube out of nowhere about an account. I saw there facial expression change super quick but we both didn't say a thing. I felt so ashamed

what kind of a person are you to be offended by a fart at the urinal?
laugh.gif

you probably should sit down when you pee
Seriously!
laugh.gif

Sitting in a cloth chair vs. leather makes a HUGE difference in a lingering smell :lol:

I was in my cubicle and I just had Chipotle, a lot of people had already left for the day and I had the bubble guts real bad so I check to see that it's clear. It was so I let one rip like a long silent one, I already knew what it was but my stomach felt so much better, no lie like 10 Seconds pass and my coworker come in my cube out of nowhere about an account. I saw there facial expression change super quick but we both didn't say a thing. I felt so ashamed

Real tears. I did that before & saw someone coming over to talk to me & I got up super quick & left. lol

Back
Top Bottom