Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

I actually know people who deem this franchise "best ever".
Its the same stuff, different movie.
Hell you can show me screen shots of 4, 5 and 6 and I couldn't begin to tell you what shot goes to what movie.

Fate of the Furious, Dom goes rogue.
We all know he gonna come back to the "good side".
Predictable.
Its the only curve ball left.
Other than that, more of the same stuff.
Exotic cars in exotic locations while they proceed with their latest "mission" which are all the same as well.

Common problem with Hollywood really....

The majority of movies, you can figure out the ending within the first 15min of the movie. It just is what is. FF is popcorn movie to just switch off your brain and consume. Use it what it's for, that's it.

No matter how good Charlize is as the villain, nobody will ever beat Johnny Tran as #1 Villain of this franchise

2yvpdow.gif

The majority of movies, you can figure out the ending within the first 15min of the movie. It just is what is. FF is popcorn movie to just switch off your brain and consume. Use it what it's for, that's it.

Truth.
But this is the 8th movie.
The first 3 were fresh.
All different.
But turn my brain off for a 5th time?
Idk maaaaan LOL

I'm still gonna watch it but not in the movie theatre.
Those days stopped when Paul died :frown:

Truth.
But this is the 8th movie.
The first 3 were fresh.
All different.
But turn my brain off for a 5th time?
Idk maaaaan LOL

:lol: I hear you...it ain't for everyone...we definitely gonna be there opening night for 4Dx showing...for me I know there's basically no plot...I'm just there to suspend believe and watch some really cool visuals and have fun for a bit.

I did the same for xXx recently...ridiculously stupid movie, I knew this going in.... but damn I had fun crackin up

If you buy a ticket for a fast movie looking for a deep plot you played yourself, thought it was obvious from the first movie that it's just supposed to be entertaining.

Whats next though? 8 movies beyond space and fighting transformers i think the series has run its course

It's not entertaining anymore.
Its old.
They are good for one viewing.
They aren't timeless the way some fans of the series make them out to be.

Its all about staying fresh. They been making mission impossible movies for a minute now i kinda compare these movies to that now.

Statham set the bar high now i feels like they need a big villian every movie now. Getting Furiosa was dope but they gotta up the ante the next go round.

I dunno why i feel like they gonna get someone huge for 9.

Its all about staying fresh. They been making mission impossible movies for a minute now i kinda compare these movies to that now.

Statham set the bar high now i feels like they need a big villian every movie now. Getting Furiosa was dope but they gotta up the ante the next go round.

I dunno why i feel like they gonna get someone huge for 9.
Bryan Cranston?

Whats next though? 8 movies beyond space and fighting transformers i think the series has run its course

It's not entertaining anymore.
Its old.
They are good for one viewing.
They aren't timeless the way some fans of the series make them out to be.

They started out as humble street racers. Now they're rivals to the Avengers lol

It's too much. Fast five was the best and it went down hill from there.

Definitely not interested in the newest installment. These dudes are racing on ice with a submarine chasing them? :rofl:

I'm all for mindless entertainment, but they've jumped the shark.

fonziejumpsshark3sl.gif

tumblr_mt5a6kJxnO1ql41ypo1_500.gif

let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Let me elaborate a little.
I didn't mean "good" fresh.
But the first 3 were not regurgitations of the movie that preceded it.

4..5..6.. and even 7 were not "fresh".
Just the same ol' same ol' from the previous installment.
I probably wouldn't be throwing as much shade if my FB feed wasn't blowing up with "cant wait", "best ever".

Because it CAN wait.
And it is far from best ever.

tumblr_mt5a6kJxnO1ql41ypo1_500.gif

let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I probably wouldn't be throwing as much shade if my FB feed wasn't blowing up with "cant wait", "best ever".

Because it CAN wait.

you're just being a negative Nancy...da general public looooooooooooves this series.

and 2 and 3 were weaker versions of 1.

as soon as 4 shifted to heist plots with da original cast they scored.

5 is da peak, 6, & 7 were also solid. 8 got enough of a twist to keep it fresh...

i do kinda wonder if they'll make it to 10...

Fast 6 was the best in the series, but this franchise absolutely deserves to be named among the goats.

The casting, origins, world building, connective tissues, the fanbase, loyalty, all of it has been massively impressive compared to how other franchise get worse and worse after the 2nd-3rd installments, F&F is getting better and better 5-6-7. Unheard of. :pimp:

You talking type disrespekful right now.

What's your address so I can Amazon Prime ship you these hands?

:lol:

Pobre. I'm gon drone strike deliver these hands

Definitely not interested in the newest installment. These dudes are racing on ice with a submarine chasing them? :rofl:

I'm all for mindless entertainment, but they've jumped the shark.

fonziejumpsshark3sl.gif

So they didn't jump the shark when Dom superhero leaped across the freeway? Now is the breaking point?

Because it CAN wait.

You on dust. 5 revitalized the franchise and was easily the best

Last edited:
yeah 5 was the one that put the franchise back on the map and easily the best one out of the new movies
-bringing back Vince was nice
-opening scene with the train was great
-introducing Hobbes
-Driving those vaults out in the streets like that :wow:
-Elena
- That end credits scene with Eva
"DO YOU BELIEVE IN GHOST?"

only complaint about 5 was they didn't show the actual race between Dom and Diogo when they raced for slips to get a faster car...Diogo was really hyping the race up too :smh:

Last edited:
The disrespect to 2fast2furious smfh

The dialouge alone makes me watch thst movie whenever its on tv

2fast is forgettable. All I remember is the hoody award winning performance by Jodie

Back
Top Bottom