Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

'The Fate of the Furious' director responds to Michelle Rodriguez's threat to leave unless future films 'show some love to the women'

Business Insider spoke to "Fate of the Furious" director F. Gary Gray on Wednesday, who was promoting the Blu-ray/DVD release of the movie (out July 11), and he responded to Rodriguez's comment.

"Here's the thing, I'm the new guy and I thought with 'The Fate of the Furious,' as it relates to women, I thought there was a strong representation of women in the movie when you bring on what I thought was one of the strongest antagonists in Charlize Theron. And then you have Helen Mirren, who has a cameo that's strong," Gray told Business Insider. "I can't speak for Michelle, she has a very specific point of view and I can't take anything away from that, but I would like to think that with 'The Fate of the Furious' specifically, I can't speak to the other films, I thought the combination of female characters was pretty strong."

The pressure is on whoever takes on the next movie, which could be Gray, though he's keeping things close to the vest.

"I'm very proud of the movie, I love all those guys," Gray said. "As a matter of fact, I just got off the phone with Vin 10 minutes ago. The door's open. Who knows what the future brings."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fate-furious-director-responds-michelle-131132073.html

Oh, just end the series or have them fight against the Expendables.

Last edited:
Just saw it, that last scene would have had such a stronger impact had he said "everyone, meet Paul" naming him Brian when Brian is still alive is sort of creepy lol

This is the only part of the movie i didn't like.

Fast 1 & 5 >

I second that. As soon as he said "Brian" I got upset and confused for reasons stated in this thread, Brian isn't dead and still alive in the universe, just retired. Maybe if they didn't do this big reveal thing w/ the name I wouldn't be as turned off by the gesture, sorta like how Vince named his son Niko after Dom.

Finally watched the digital download version and while Statham was cool in the movie, I cant get over how they casually looked over the fact that he killed Han and his brother was responsible for Gisele dying. Dom freaking went to the funeral and deeboed dude's coffin.

Just started watching this and the "race for respect" in the beginning withDom is the cheesiest dialogue ever, even for this series.

And the Haka with the Hobb's daughters soccer team, WTF?!? Should I bother continuing this?:lol:

I miss the Buster so much already:blush:

Bruh, dom had just win a race...
Driving backwards...
With the car in fire...
And jumped out unscathed...

What else did you expect :lol:

tokyo drift is the best in the series

tenor.gif

Bruh, dom had just win a race...
Driving backwards...
With the car in fire...
And jumped out unscathed...

What else did you expect :lol:

I've seen people look like they've gotten seriously hurt with something as dumb as "ghostridin' the whip", but the way Vin stay jumping out of cars without a scratch is seriously too funny. Someone needs to make a compilation:lol:

The vault pull in Fast Five
The bridge in Spain in six
On fire in reverse :lol: in eight

I'm sure there's a lot more but off the top those are the big ones :lol:

The vault pull in Fast Five
The bridge in Spain in six
On fire in reverse :lol: in eight

I'm sure there's a lot more but off the top those are the big ones :lol:

Was it the last movie that didn't have an outrageous unbelievable scene?

How can you forget these dudes jumped that red Hypercar through the 200th floor over three buildings and just stood on the edge looking down?:lol:

Or Vin jumping his car off the roof and putting some grenades onto a helicopter that the Rock shot from half a mile away? Like, how did these two even plan that when they never even spoke to each other?:rofl:

:lol: how could I forget the Lykan flying across Dubai and then dropping 700 feet as he slides out hitting the edge of the busted window :rofl:

I'm slippin' :frown:

How can you forget these dudes jumped that red Hypercar through the 200th floor over three buildings and just stood on the edge looking down?:lol:

Or Vin jumping his car off the roof and putting some grenades onto a helicopter that the Rock shot from half a mile away? Like, how did these two even plan that when they never even spoke to each other?:rofl:
I was talking about Tokyo drift haha

Not to mention the part where they were getting chased and to speed by people they would drift? Like huh??

I **** with Tokyo drift tho

He has a good point if The Rock is going around their back to Universal trying to get a spinoff done without talking to the original Fast Family first and not trying to include any of them. He's been able to piggyback off the franchise and now he wants to hijack it

telling da rock he shouldn't do that solo spin off... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom