FAT JOE SELLS 8,000 COPIES IN 3RD WEEK (WOWWW)

Originally Posted by FWA III

haven't we already figured it out that having a "bigger record" doesn't mean you'll sell more records? ask FLO RIDA...
tell that to soulja boy.
fat joe's sales will be da standard of all NYC rappers coming out from now on..count on it
get the hell outta here.

fat joe sucks, end of story.

soulja boy got 3 "hit" records...disney has showed that going kiddie pays da bills.
You put a list of the 10 best albums of 06 from lord knows where. Fat Joe had one of the 10 best albums of 06
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just put this in perspective, where was Lupe Fiasco's debut?? Hip Hop Is Dead anyone?? How about Blue Collar?? Fishcale?? The Big Bang?? More Fish?? You're an idiot so of course you would reference an idiotic source . . . Unless you made that ******ed list yourself . .
you're talking to a guy with every source magazine since 93, so unless you want me shut u down and scan da 2006 reviews and see how WELLfat joe faired against his peers i'd suggest you fall back.

Posting all these album covers like ANYone is gonna go to the store and pick that garbage up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

opinions...horrible ones at that.

And back to what my man IllPhill said, I have to STRONGLY disagree . . . I find it inconcievible that an artist selling 5 million albums could be doing worse then an artist not breaking 100K . . . I mean Fat Joe could make 10 dollars a copy and STILL not make a mill with those sales
if you spent MILLIONS on marketing, millons on videos, like curtis and kingdom come and only yeild 1x plat...thats pretty much a net loss..joebudden went gold and that was considered a FAIL, tony yayo went GOLD, sold like 250k his first week and that was considered FAIL.

All this record label !*!% I could care less for, I couldn't an imagine an artist selling 5 million copies and his label still being in the red . .
its a reality duke, have you seen how many distrubution homes BAD BOY has been to since da 90's? look up da facts before you assume what youthink u know is real.

Mainstream rap music genre has finally hit the dumps & i am glad.

This is pathetic . . . I'm not trying to sway anyone to like 50 . . . I'm just stating the facts . . . I'm not saying I like 50 Cent because whathe did for black people or Catholics or whatever sob story you'll hear one of these other dudes say . . .

As far as him stealing Ja Rules style I don't understand how someone who has heard Power Of The Dollar can say 50 wasn't sining 5 years before GRODTcame out . . . What you don't know can get you laughed at. Facts is facts, listen to the $*!+ . . . He has sang on damn near EVERY mixtape he's madesince summer of 2001 . . . Remember his track with the "Bridge Is Over" sample from 99?, he was singing . . . "Ghetto Quaran" . . ."Corner Bodega", "The Hit", "Da Repercussions" so on and so on . . . To say 50 stole Ja's style is just uninformed and itlets be know your source of info is from other rappers . . . This feat alone qualifies you as a @%%++ in my book . . . 50 was singing more on Power Of TheDollar then Ja did on Veni, Veti Vici . . . Listen for yourself, and next time you have something to say or type make sure its true and not some @%%++ $*!+ youheard another ninja say . . . It makes you look real bad out here and that's just a lil G for . . . I hope you also use that in your everyday life. Yourwelcome in advance . . .

Lets just do it this way, if we took EVERY good song Fat Joe has appeared on how long would that list realistically be?? Maybe 20 songs . . . 50 has more thanthat, period, I mean he has mixtapes better than albums Fat Joe has recorded, its just sad at this point . . . If your a (()) that prefers Fat Joes music, itsa free country and you have my blessings . . . But fat boys music is pure trash that's all there is to it . . .

As far as IWW goes I think its lousy, that's my opinion, I'm not trying to force it upon anyone . . . I make up my own mind on what I feel is good andbad, I could care less if ANY one I'm a fan of is loved or hated by another motha *@%#++ . . . At the end of the day, facts is facts . . . The public hasspoken.

BFA
You're smarter than that, but that $*!+ you typed was idiotic . . . Why doesn't Interscope just drop 50 with his awful numbers . . . Since 9/11 besidesKanye what rapper has sold more records then 50?? $*!+ lets go back to Massacre to Curtis, list me how many rappers sold more than 1.3 in that time period . .. From early 05 to late 07 . . . By now you should realize what you're saying is flat out ******ed . . . Interscope ruined the project and its still onlybeen outsold by one hip hop album since its release . . . Some failure that was . . . Name a rapper that cleared 5 mill on more than 3 albums?? Besides Pac Idon't think there more than 5 others . . . And the album sales don't even mean nothing more than a point of reference, I personally didn't thinkCurtis was a good album, but its deffinetly better than Fat Joe's last effort

And how you say doin a song with Ricky Martin is the same as doing one with Ciara?? You are a +#%%%** idiot I swear to GOD . . . Ciara makes hip hop influencedR&B, what genre is Ricky Martin a part of?? You're a fool . . . Plus Ciara is bad, why wouldn't a straight male not wanna be in her presence?? 50is one of the few artists who doesn't just work with anyone . . . G Unit more or less is self contained aren't they?? With the exception of Young Buck. . . Fat Joe will do a song with ANYone . . . And there's no way 50 has made the bubblegum $*!+ Joe has over the years, and even so, 50 didn't come inthe game as this Graf artist, or DITC affiliate or some hip hop purists of sorts . . . He came in the game as a street rapper with comercial appeal . . .That's been his style since "How To Rob" you dumb *$%@ . . . He has slowed down lyrically but he said he was goin to on his 2nd"natinal" hit . . .

Before anyone posts $*!+ just know what you're talking about . . . I'm a grown %%$ man and its painful to think some of you are in your 20s and trulydon't know what the *$%@ your talking about half the time . . . Those aren't the traits of a man, those are the traits of a @%%++ so don't get madif that's what I refer to you as time to time . . .

NinjaHood is defending Joe, I aint defending 50 any more then I'm just stating the facts or what seems to be real from a real ninjas perspective and notthat of a @%%++ or a Fat Joe sympotheizer

....Fat Joe Brags too much about past "hit records" to only sell 40k in his first week....He gets on TV and brags about past album sales aswell...Sonis a corn ball..."me run New York"... smh...

Like I said before.....N's who sign with Koch only sign with Koch because they know they wont make money with a "major" label because they cantput up numbers......The Same N's braggin' about "ring tone" sales....IE (Fat Joe)

Show me an artist that sold 5 mill that got dropped . . . PLEASE.

Some of you are living in denial . . . Curtis and KC may have been failures, maybe not I don't think any of us saw the paper work . . . Did they sell aswell as I thought they would deffinetly no, but did IDJ drop Jay Z?? Did Interscope drop 50?? if independent money was SOOOOO good why wouldn't artists whoactualy sell units go there and become billionares?? I mean what would be the purpose of a major label . . .

Distribution homes for Bad Boy?? How many Bad Boy albums have cleared a million in the past 11 years?? Mase, No Way Out, Danity Kane . . . What else?? Whywould you wanna distribute for Bad Boy, they don't have artists that sell records. If you have a G Unit sell more from 03-07 then Bad Boy in 11 years whatreason would you have to continue a relationship with a label like Bad Boy??

Both 50 and Jay could pay for their entire budgets out of their pockets and probabaly exceed the funds the label would provide them . . . If they sold a milland ended up in the red you tellin me they couldn't tour?? Jay and 50 don't have to sell another record anywhere in he world, and could sell out avenue on EVERY continent with human life . . . Don't mention Jay and 50s sales to Fat Joe, they aren't even the same calbur . . . What label can youname that would rather sign Fat Joe then Jay Z or 50?? Show me that exec . . .

Your a fool for saying Robert Horry isn't a legend... How many rings does dood have.

PLEASE bring this argument over to S&T....

Robert Horry ain't no legend...he looks like I am Legend, but that's as close as it gets....

As far as him stealing Ja Rules style I don't understand how someone who has heard Power Of The Dollar can say 50 wasn't sining 5 years before GRODT came out . . .
indifferent.gif

if we took EVERY good song Fat Joe has appeared on how long would that list realistically be?? Maybe 20 songs . . .
da hate you got for fat joe is SAD.....big pun and fat joe have at least 50 songs together ...da COUNTLESS remixes fat joe has been on, da recentmiami friends of his, his early work wit DITC, wu tang, nas, mobb deep, ruff ryders, badboy, violator, etc, etc, etc.....

da truth is 50 cent burned his bridges as soon as he got into da game, so he had no choice BUT to work alone......

%!%%%2050.jpg

"imma bout a dollar !*% is 50 cent" -jay-z

when THIS many people don't like you...chances are it isn't their fault.....

soulja boy got 3 "hit" records...
three? more like one.

crank dat was the only soulja boy hit. the other two were bricks. they didn't make any noise on radio or the charts.

starvin, stop defending 50 like he's paying yo bills

ninjahood, stop defending fat joe like he's yo father.

you guys are over here writing essays.

ninjahood, if you worked half as hard at your job as you do defending fat joe,
i think you would be able to afford the top of the line whirpool dryer and won't have to air dry your clothes.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

Show me an artist that sold 5 mill that got dropped . . . PLEASE.

wanna see artist that got dropped huh?

epa_lil_kim_160741a.jpg
foxy-brown-picture-2.jpg

If you have a G Unit sell more from 03-07 then Bad Boy in 11 years
laugh.gif

Both 50 and Jay could pay for their entire budgets out of their pockets and probabaly exceed the funds the label would provide them . . .
probably da most stupid thing i've ever heard anyone say......

+%%24%24%2050.jpg

i'll say it again..when this many people don't like you in that much position of power...(replace cam wit ja rule) its bound to catch up to you, andyou'd be a FOOL to not think it hasn't erroded his g-unit empire to da point that only 50 cent himself can actually sell...and that hurts to say cuzmobb deep call g-unit home.

soulja boy got 3 "hit" records...
three? more like one.

crank dat was the only soulja boy hit. the other two were bricks. they didn't make any noise on radio or the charts.

starvin, stop defending 50 like he's paying yo bills

ninjahood, stop defending fat joe like he's yo father.

you guys are over here writing essays.

ninjahood, if you worked half as hard at your job as you do defending fat joe,
i think you would be able to afford the top of the line whirpool dryer and won't have to air dry your clothes.

roll.gif
roll.gif

e5e35ffeebebbfbb2110b0f23099788d9b416a1.pjpg

Soulja Girl Was ALL over the radio....

BFA
You're smarter than that, but that $*!+ you typed was idiotic . . . Why doesn't Interscope just drop 50 with his awful numbers . . . Since 9/11 besides Kanye what rapper has sold more records then 50?? $*!+ lets go back to Massacre to Curtis, list me how many rappers sold more than 1.3 in that time period . . . From early 05 to late 07 . . . By now you should realize what you're saying is flat out ******ed . . . Interscope ruined the project and its still only been outsold by one hip hop album since its release . . . Some failure that was . . . Name a rapper that cleared 5 mill on more than 3 albums?? Besides Pac I don't think there more than 5 others . . . And the album sales don't even mean nothing more than a point of reference, I personally didn't think Curtis was a good album, but its deffinetly better than Fat Joe's last effort

And how you say doin a song with Ricky Martin is the same as doing one with Ciara?? You are a +#%%%** idiot I swear to GOD . . . Ciara makes hip hop influenced R&B, what genre is Ricky Martin a part of?? You're a fool . . . Plus Ciara is bad, why wouldn't a straight male not wanna be in her presence?? 50 is one of the few artists who doesn't just work with anyone . . . G Unit more or less is self contained aren't they?? With the exception of Young Buck . . . Fat Joe will do a song with ANYone . . . And there's no way 50 has made the bubblegum $*!+ Joe has over the years, and even so, 50 didn't come in the game as this Graf artist, or DITC affiliate or some hip hop purists of sorts . . . He came in the game as a street rapper with comercial appeal . . . That's been his style since "How To Rob" you dumb *$%@ . . . He has slowed down lyrically but he said he was goin to on his 2nd "natinal" hit . . .

Before anyone posts $*!+ just know what you're talking about . . . I'm a grown %%$ man and its painful to think some of you are in your 20s and truly don't know what the *$%@ your talking about half the time . . . Those aren't the traits of a man, those are the traits of a @%%++ so don't get mad if that's what I refer to you as time to time . . .

smh.gif
first off, name calling is corny.... your wayyyyto passionate about your own opinions. You over there sounding like D-Dot a Mad Poster.

Interscope didn't ruin sh.. cats not feeling 50... his fanbase has decreased significantly since he first came out... you'd be hardpress to findanybody bumping 50's music in an urban setting, Lil Wayne, Jeezy and other's have took that appeal. How the hell Interscope mess something up when theygave him a multi-million dollar budget, 4 videos and alot of promotion. Jesus dude open your eyes.... Kanye only had 2 singles out when 50 had 3 and stilloutsold him. 50 himself called his OWN album a DUD... yet you over hear claiming it was a success... going from 5 Mill to 1.3 is a Failure dude no matter ifonly 1 rapper outsold you or not.... here's how your whole logic is flawed. Say a company goes from making 90-100 Mill in revenue to only making 13 Mill inrevenue in 08... yeah your still making revenue but your profit margin has significantly decreased which not only affects your overall profit but your abilityto stay in business... 50 is on the brink of being irrelevant.. you already witness how Buck & Banks are no longer in demand and 50 is right behind them..platinum plaque or not and 50 only keeps himself relevant at this point because of ThisIs50.com if it weren't for that site nobody would be discussinghim..... people already don't discuss his music.

Ciara is pop... just as Ricky Martin is pop.... if you were incapable of equating the connection then wow
laugh.gif
50 sing more than Ciara do!!

Your really take your opinion way serious... there's nothing factual about what stated your just posting highly bias rants sounded foolish like you usuallydo. You the main one that was ranting that Kanye would never outsell 50... then when them Soundscans came in you went ghost... then got the nerve to bring upworldwide sales 4 months later.

Put it through your head NOBODY cares about 50 Cent, he's made a career of dissing cats who sell significantly less than him so that when he gets his a.smurked lyrically[--peep Jadakiss] he can say "ohhh well i sold more records than______" to make it seem as if he's the victor. Duke is a fraudand anybody that rocks wit his music is the same as well. How duke's biggest record is In Da Club and the only club he go to is in his mansion.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Your a fool for saying Robert Horry isn't a legend... How many rings does dood have.

PLEASE bring this argument over to S&T....

Robert Horry ain't no legend...he looks like I am Legend, but that's as close as it gets....

QFT.

Robert Horry is far from being a legend.

NinjaHood STOP it . . .

From now on I want a RIAA certification with ANY album sale to refernce in your comments . . .

What Lil Kim album sold 5 Million?? What Foxy Brown album sold 5 million?? As far as X, he may have sold 5 million, I'd like to see a RIAA certification ofone of his albums selling 5 million as confirmation tho . . . And did he get dropped or did he opt to go elsewhere because he wasn't down with whatdirection IDJ was going in . . .

STOP it . . . You don't have a clue what your talking about . . .

There next to no validation to the $*!$ your saying . . . Your letting your brain control your heart . . .

How you diss G Unit then call it an "Empire"??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
does anyone refer to Terror Squad as an empire?? 50 did what a real ninja supposed to do,get on and establish ya ninjas and make sure they are all good . . . Fat Joe has all his former running mates dissing his +#$ . . . You got Pun, someone heconsidered a brothers wife having to sell his jewlery and all, that aint gangsta, you supposed to take care of them if that's ya brother . . . Have themlive as if they would if Pun was alive, that's what a REAL Ninja would do.

Don't get on record saying if 50 disses you 10,000 times you'll never respond, blah blah, he's a clown . . .

Jay Z @%%+@ with 50 . . . What multi platinum rapper does 50 have problems with?? Him and Ye are good. It seems that all the dudes that are goin after 50 areeither
A) under acheivers
B) washed up
C) FLAT out trash
D) Nas (and they both seem to have mutual respect for one anothers talents)

NinjaHood I'm still waitin for that Fat Joe tour . . . I'll buy you front row tickets if Fat Joe headlines a national tour . . . You have my word. 2tickets will be sent to you if this EVER Happens . . . There's no way Fat Joe could sell out MSG NO way . . . He couldn't sell out Hammersteinsupperdeck . . .

This Starvin Harlem crab doesn't know what he's talking about, Fat Joe is way more respected by real hip-hop heads than 50 Cent ever will be. Recordsales aside 50 Cent is just another average rapper.

How is this guy sitting at home typing essays... you should spend your time more wisely.

What Lil Kim album sold 5 Million?? What Foxy Brown album sold 5 million??

How you diss G Unit then call it an "Empire"??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just cuz i dissed 50 don't mean i don't recogzine what a empire g-unit was and now da ruins its currently in.
50-Cent-Shoes-Reebok.jpg

before:

[h3]G-Unit Clothing Officially Folds[/h3][h4]written by Janelle Griffith[/h4][h5]Friday - February 8, 2008[/h5]
50_cent_100x100_01.jpg

After ongoing speculation, it has been confirmed- 50 Cent's G-Unit clothing brand is no longer in business.

According to Complex magazine, owned by Marc Ecko, the partnership between Ecko Unlimited and G-Unit clothing has come to an end.

As SOHH previously reported, when rumors of the failed partnership first broke on Wednesday (Feb. 6) both parties denied it. Now, just two days later, Ecko is saying that the G-Unit line employees have been given notice and the office is closing shop.

Fortunately for 50, sources say the rap mogul will walk away with full ownership of the line and will re-launch it on his own.

BFA . . .

You have always had a way of trying to turn the tables in your posts, its childish, you're supposed to be a man . . . Your a grown man right?? Pontiacsproduct placement wasn't seen in 3 of 50s 6 videos from Curtis . . . Open your eyes fat boy, "Straight To The Bank' Pontiac G6 and G8, same goesfor "Amusement Park" AND follow my lead . . . You think Interscope was paying to have Pontiac +$#@ advertised?? Your stupid for even thinking so . .. "I Get Money" was 50s own money he used . . . That only leaves Still Will Kill, and Ayo Technology . . . You think 50 or Interscope ended up in thered?? You really think so . . . How much marketing dollars did they put up?? Its the same as Jay with KC, Budweiser proly funded that whole "Show Me WhatYou Got" (whaddup to my man Seth dancing in the video
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
) then you have Lost Ones, to say an album didn't sell is one thing . . . They bothdidn't do what critics, fans and the artist had anticipated . . . But if you do better than the majority of your comp can you call project a failure?? Useyour brain . . . Justin . . .

What did they report 50 got with his Interscope what 800K signing bonus, how many records has he sold since then?? If you think 50 put Interscope in the redyou're letting me know your level of inteligence isn't very high . . . Just think about it, you're just opposing it cause I'm saying it . . .Just step back and look at it . . . If 50 is on such a decline I'm sure Interscope can't wait to clean their hands of him . . . A failure like 50 is onhis way to Koch . . . He's finished, there's no way he could EVER headline a national or international tour . . . He's done. The streets aren'tfeeling 50 . . . All the guys the streets are feeling are outperforming him on EVERY level . . . 50 is done.

If 50 and G Unit is losing . . . Who's winning??

who these KAR dbags usin WW 2 footage in the video?

you cant argue w some of these guys, 50 > Joe in every sense of the word

joe is below 50 on every level, 50s just rubbin it in now

Ok according to NinjaHood Foxy Brown & Lil Kims debut sold 5 mill . . .
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[Slick Rick] Heeeeerrrreeee weeee gooooooo [Slick Rick]

It just so happens that the October 2007 Vibe (with Chris Brown on the cover) did a piece on the lack of album sales amungst female rappers . . . So lets seewhat their research has uncovered . . .

Foxy Brown - Ill Nana (1996)
1,450,834 units sold.

Lil Kim's debut dropped that same year but the study only aknowledges the best selling female rappers albums artist from 91-2006

Lil Kim's best selling album according to Vibe and Neilson Soundscan is

Notorious KIM (2000)

Once again NinjaHood you're lying . . . STOP.

I'm finished . . . No ones saying you can't like Fat Joe, its a free country . . . Just don't get mad when we say he sucks. That's thedifference, yall can say 50 sucks all you want . . . That's your opinion and I have no choice but to respect it to a certain extent . . . All I'm sayinit facts is facts . . . This whole theory of "Real Hip Hop heads respect Fat Joe" (According to WuTanfClan36) when was this study done?? When wasthis survey held . . . Your a fool shut the @+%# up and stop worryin about what the @+%# I'm doin . . .

NinjaHood and BFA regardless of the back and fourth I respect the majority of the %#%* yall say on here, both of yall usually know what your talkin about . . .But in this case I can't agree with you.

the difference between 50 cent and fat joe is 50 has options.

curtis has more bread then he knows what to do with. he doesn't HAVE to do anything.

joey on the other hand has no options. he has to make this rap thing work.

and it's not like he has mad bread stashed somewhere.

Originally Posted by ChampionHood

haven't we already figured it out that having a "bigger record" doesn't mean you'll sell more records? ask FLO RIDA...
tell that to soulja boy.
fat joe's sales will be da standard of all NYC rappers coming out from now on..count on it
get the hell outta here.

fat joe sucks, end of story.

soulja boy got 3 "hit" records...disney has showed that going kiddie pays da bills.
You put a list of the 10 best albums of 06 from lord knows where. Fat Joe had one of the 10 best albums of 06
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
just put this in perspective, where was Lupe Fiasco's debut?? Hip Hop Is Dead anyone?? How about Blue Collar?? Fishcale?? The Big Bang?? More Fish?? You're an idiot so of course you would reference an idiotic source . . . Unless you made that ******ed list yourself . .
you're talking to a guy with every source magazine since 93, so unless you want me shut u down and scan da 2006 reviews and see how WELL fat joe faired against his peers i'd suggest you fall back.

Posting all these album covers like ANYone is gonna go to the store and pick that garbage up
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

opinions...horrible ones at that.

And back to what my man IllPhill said, I have to STRONGLY disagree . . . I find it inconcievible that an artist selling 5 million albums could be doing worse then an artist not breaking 100K . . . I mean Fat Joe could make 10 dollars a copy and STILL not make a mill with those sales
if you spent MILLIONS on marketing, millons on videos, like curtis and kingdom come and only yeild 1x plat...thats pretty much a net loss..joe budden went gold and that was considered a FAIL, tony yayo went GOLD, sold like 250k his first week and that was considered FAIL.

All this record label !*!% I could care less for, I couldn't an imagine an artist selling 5 million copies and his label still being in the red . .
its a reality duke, have you seen how many distrubution homes BAD BOY has been to since da 90's? look up da facts before you assume what you think u know is real.

Mainstream rap music genre has finally hit the dumps & i am glad.

^ rap has been in the dumps for years.. But hip-hop hasn't.. Check out artist such as skyzoo, torea, blu, pacific division, & tanyamorgan. People need to open their eyes and stop taking in what The Machine(music industry) feeds you.

ninja....

you my dude and all, but lil kim and foxy didnt sell no 5 mil

LMAOOOOOO

combine those 2 album sales and they not even 5 mil

I know Pun aint like 50, but what does that have to do with me?? I don't care . . . Big Pun's second album was pretty bad anyway, not the kind of $$*% you wanna die on

eek.gif

First i ever heard someone say that

Back
Top Bottom