Favorite boutique/mom and pop sneaker shop that's no longer around

Stussy's already Insanely priced.... but it's about to get even worse.

It's like what happened to Lacoste in the 1980's...... they got whored out to Kmart and it cheapened the brand... so they had to scale back and it made it more exclusive again in the late 90's to early 00's then it got whored out again LOL!!

Fashion is cyclical

Stussy / Supreme / Bape only need a few Retail outlets in the US to make the Japanese market go crazy thinking that EVERY American kid wears this.....

think about it.... They got 2 Supreme's in the USA for a country as big as EUROPE (also 2 supreme stores)... and they got 6 Supreme's in Japan a country the size of California

All those brands could just sell to the JAPANESE market alone and be okay

The funny thing about Undefeated is that they BARELY tapped the Arizona Market which was wide open for at least 15 years

Last edited:
stussy was what, like $25 a tee maybe 5-8 years ago? at least i think thats what i spent on a tee.

idk, been a while since I bought any stussy, besides their chapter stuff (stussy taipei).

i'm still on the hunt for this piece

stussy-taipei-1st-anniversary-t-shirt-1.jpg

undefeated is arguably my favorite "streetwear" brand

Last edited:
So basically the past 10 years of Stussy was inspired by UNDEFEATED Eddie Cruz and James Bond

Who knows what the Future holds for Stussy though LOL!! 2017 will definitely be a year where "Street" wear changes...

Pastelle is supposedly going to be released via Grailed

Last edited:
Stussy's already Insanely priced.... but it's about to get even worse.

It's like what happened to Lacoste in the 1980's...... they got whored out to Kmart and it cheapened the brand... so they had to scale back and it made it more exclusive again in the late 90's to early 00's then it got whored out again LOL!!

Fashion is cyclical

Stussy / Supreme / Bape only need a few Retail outlets in the US to make the Japanese market go crazy thinking that EVERY American kid wears this.....

think about it.... They got 2 Supreme's in the USA for a country as big as EUROPE (also 2 supreme stores)... and they got 6 Supreme's in Japan a country the size of California

All those brands could just sell to the JAPANESE market alone and be okay

The funny thing about Undefeated is that they BARELY tapped the Arizona Market which was wide open for at least 15 years
stussy was what, like $25 a tee maybe 5-8 years ago? at least i think thats what i spent on a tee.

idk, been a while since I bought any stussy, besides their chapter stuff (stussy taipei).

i'm still on the hunt for this piece

stussy-taipei-1st-anniversary-t-shirt-1.jpg

undefeated is arguably my favorite "streetwear" brand
Stussy tee's are normally at most 35-40 bucks, they're not really "hyped" but I a lot of their stuff is still dope to me atleast. Even their collabs are relatively cheap compared to other brands, they might not turn too many heads but they still are respected for the most part

Union too rich for my blood
No lie Round two and bait is probably my favorites
Round two has some of the best prices in the country, and its awesome that you can trade in stuff towards your purchase. I got a pair DS Grape 5s from the mid 2000s for like 140 bucks after trading in some ancient ice cream clothing

Last edited:
What was the name of the store that had the half court gym in it and let you shoot hoops? Athletes Foot?

in hawaii we had a store called leilow. they sold supreme, visvim, neighborhood and a bunch of great brands. back when they were open, black friday was great - you could get supreme tees for less than retail and i bought a bunch of visvim fbts for around a $100 each. i guess it was ahead of its' time and dude closed the shop down and is working for herschel and doing other projects. leilow just started doing t-shirts again though but there's no plan to reopen the shop.

Sneaker Corner use to be :pimp: :pimp:

And Get Set went wild with the prices around 2010 :x :lol:

Last edited:
in hawaii we had a store called leilow. they sold supreme, visvim, neighborhood and a bunch of great brands. back when they were open, black friday was great - you could get supreme tees for less than retail and i bought a bunch of visvim fbts for around a $100 each. i guess it was ahead of its' time and dude closed the shop down and is working for herschel and doing other projects. leilow just started doing t-shirts again though but there's no plan to reopen the shop.

Some British guy ran it right? I remember that store.

Persona used to have a shop two doors down from my work in Nashua, they closed one location and now just have one spot in Lowell Mass. It was really the only boutique in New Hampshire for Streetwear and sneakers. Got every Saucony, Asics, NB collab and a bunch of Nike SB there for a long time until they packed up to just one location. Still got Herschel bags and wallets from there that I use all the time.

Last edited:
Miami International, in downtown. This place was so low key it would have releases up to like 10 years old. Was always the spot to find an old gr you missed out on, and they had so many af1s and air maxes. Not sure exactly when it closed because I was away for college, but I went by shortly after the boom following the concords and south beach 8s and it was shut down.

Thanks fully not much else that I used to frequent has closed down. Shoe Gallery still doing work, that's the staple down here. There was a place on Us1 n 27th ave that I can't remember, but it had sick local gear

Great tthread....

NY- Nort's original location on Eldridge St (and Futura's toys store next door). Nice small boutique, clean design and displays and friendly staff.

NY- Classic Kicks on Elizabeth St. Owner was very down to earth, always fostered good conversations and didn't jack up prices.

Brooklyn- Fulton Street. The punjabi guys (Manny)  with the tiny shop almost at the corner Fulton and Duffield had serious heat long before mostly everyone else I can remember. They were the type of spot to always have Jordan's early (for a $50-$100 markup).

LDN- The original Footpatrol in Soho. Nice design, Wes the manager was very cool.

The thing that made all these places so great (beside it being a different time) was the genuine passion for the product. The owners and workers really cared about sneakers, would get excited talking about older models that we wishes were retro'ed etc.

Back
Top Bottom