Fellas if you thinking about marriage read this. Women read it too

That's why I'm trying to find me a hippy chick. Probably have me make her an engagement bracelet or something

Trying to find a girl like this is a needle in a ******g haystack... I rather get hopefully my future wife a big *** house or her dream car versus a ring that don't mean **** in the end because if I want to cheat, I will but the world and society we live in has all been built on flashy, materialistic things to show success/accomplishments why u try to fight to get out of debt...this is life I guess

Can't wait to never get married. 
pimp.gif

article reads like it was written by a teenage girl but yea, we know this already and your chick will still be pissed if you don't get her a nice ring.

Is it just me or does it appear that no one in here including OP actually read the article...

Sir I most certainly read the article. I never said don't get married. What I'm saying and what others are saying is that maybe you want to have this convo with your girl before proposing. Get married yes, but do we really need to place so much emphasis on a tradition created to get us to spend unnecessary money? Before diamond rings women were given thimbles, you think they were upset by getting a thimble? Not at all. A wedding is one of the most expensive things a couple will pay for in their lifetime, and the ring is probably in the top five expenses and it's all shelled out by the groom. The point of the article and my post is should we really keep shelling out 3 months of salary for a materialistic item just to show the world that she is owned? A ring does not signify love, it signifies ownership. That's a discussion I would have before popping the question.

Just find someone that you have common values with and is down to earth....not those that are obsessed with the views of pop culture

Me and my wife got matching gold bands when we got married. 5 years after, we upgraded to white gold and diamonds. :pimp:
I feel that everything should be equal. Marriage-wise

I wouldn't even want a ring. Means nothing to me. Of course some of you would say, "You don't want one so nobody knows you are married. What are you ashamed?"

No, I simply don't need an item to solidify or broadcast anything.

We need to stop having our self worth and relationships tied to others' approval. Last I checked, I don't think we get married to other people's opinions.

Men are still gonna have to buy their woman a ring regardless of this article.

We need to stop having our self worth and relationships tied to others' approval. Last I checked, I don't think we get married to other people's opinions.

Exactly, all that matters is what you and your spouse think. I couldn't care less what random strangers think, and her family should really only judge my personality and maybe my ability to provide.

I don't think we get married for other people but the display for that marriage (wedding/rings) is for other people.

RIngs are for display.
THe wedding is for display.

This is basically what i mean.

I never understood why i need something or someone to solidify/verify my marriage. The whole ordeal is taken too lightly sometimes IMO. If girls didn't grow up dreaming about the dress and the ring and "The Big Day"...maybe they wouldn't rush into marriage. Maybe then divorce rates wouldn't be so high.

When/if i find the person i want to spend FOREVER with...i think i will know. And i will be able to look them in the eye and say "I will never leave you, I love you, and this is forever". If she feels the same....that's all i need. Don't need a ring, a ceremony, anything really. A marriage to me should be strictly for financial/tax benefits. inb4 "good luck finding a girl that agrees with that" "YNS" "ForeverAlone" "inb4 megatron"

You have to realize marrying a girl is for her satisfaction. We do it to satisfy the girl so we can continue on and do our things. Girls been by ouir back for so long, marry here knock that out the way and continue to do your swag wizzle.

best believe my ring comes off at times lol

Back
Top Bottom