Fight against the N word.

My whole family says it (Except my grandmother who hates it, she actually fought in the civil rights movement).

But I commend you. I need to stop saying it, I try to say "negro" instead.

It's a vile word, and even worse, there are Blacks who consider it an actual "term of endearment" like because took away the "er" and put "a".

But now, everyone says it. Literally. People who have never been raised around it, raised saying it, or in that environment have went out of their way to add it to their vocabulary.

Hence all of these White kids calling themselves "N*****". But it's our fault. We created the monster and now we can't defeat it.

But yea, oh well, we're all doomed. Props to you, OP.

Last edited:
I was at a party once and had a white guy ask me not to say it. Never been so damn shocked in my life.

It's really not hard to not say.

The word has quite never been anywhere near the level of genocide, murder, rape, and poverty :lol:

I was at a party once and had a white guy ask me not to say it. Never been so damn shocked in my life.
That white guilt was eating at him. That or he was low-key looking down on you.

Last edited:
Are you black

Being black and being someone's ***** is different.
You black...you ain't my ***** doe, so I wouldn't call you that.
Plus you from the south so I especially wouldn't say ***** around you. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
*cue 40 year old virgin scene*

It's really not hard to not say.

The word has quite never been anywhere near the level of genocide, murder, rape, and poverty
laugh.gif
That white guilt was eating at him. That or he was low-key looking down on you.
Probably guilt. You know white people don't like to hear it or say it around black people. Makes them uncomfortable.

What people fail to realize is that we say it so much among ourselves its now a part of pop culture

So basically we've gotten to the point where now it's "cool" for other races to say the word.

So now the same people who used to word to oppress us think its ok to call us that in an endearing way.

That's what happens when we let s... slide, and that's when I feel like we have to really start drawing the line

It was never cool for white people to say it. I'm not offended by it whatsoever been called it by the homies. Dgaf, I hear it all day but you will never catch me saying it. Any white person saying it looks like a god damn idiot. Don't care how down you think you are.

Honestly...I don't even care any more. We have to remove the power from that word. There's no word we could call white people that would incite such an emotional response because there's no history behind it.

We have to move beyond that ****. They take EVERYTHING that we do so we should have seen the day coming where they'd be calling each other n's decades ago.

Whatever else we think of to refer to ourselves they'll take that too.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
whats worse than white people sayin the n-word is hispanic/latino's from the hood saying it, prim,arily because thats how some of these kids refer to each other.. SMH.. i see it all over social media... 
mean.gif

not cool.. 

ive never used it, nor do i ever plan on it.. im grown now so I'm thankful its not part of my vernacular 

Last edited:
What people fail to realize is that we say it so much among ourselves its now a part of pop culture

So basically we've gotten to the point where now it's "cool" for other races to say the word.

So now the same people who used to word to oppress us think its ok to call us that in an endearing way.

That's what happens when we let s... slide, and that's when I feel like we have to really start drawing the line

Exactly. I had to put a few white friends in their place who called me that and thought they could say it because they have black friends. Nah bruh...

And it's the same ones who are silent when black injustices happen. Paul Mooney said it best "everybody be a ____"

Crazy story, shows Im on NT too much

Like 2 back an Hispanic co worker said " my N piss me off when he eats my food"

When she said that I thought of you because in previous threads you get mad when people dont day anything to the person.

I didnt say jack, I always get called goodie two shoes because I dont curse blahhh blahh so I wasnt tryna deal with that.

Its not my job to educate a grown women.

Now when the kids around me use that word, I have a thesis prepared for them
Check your PM

All communities have words that are made specifically to exclude people who aren't in your community and include those who are part of your community.

It's a function being human not a function of blackness.

it's why in NY, latino's often get away with saying it because blacks and latino's live in the same palces are part of the same communities.

but if that same latine people goes to the south where there aren't latino and black people living together they can't get away with it as much.

mexicans and blacks are more segregated in LA I think so I imagine mexicans don't say as much either.

it's the reality of being, human, not saying it doesn't make you a good or a bad person.

whats worse than white people sayin the n-word is hispanic/latino's from the hood saying it, prim,arily because thats how some of these kids refer to each other.. SMH.. i see it all over social media... :smh:

not cool.. 

ive never used it, nor do i ever plan on it.. im grown now so I'm thankful its not part of my vernacular 

worse when cholos say it man so cringe and ironic

I've been called n before and it catches me of guard have yet to see a white person say it around me tho not that I would care unless dude hit me with the er which happened once and idk something inside me snapped and I let the hands fly which is weird cause I'm not black.

As a black person who doesn't say it, I find it both comical and sad at how much whites and white-washed people go to the ends of the earth fighting for their right to say it. "Bu bu bu but, they say it in songs" "I I I I d d don't mean it in that way", and my favorite, "you shouldn't let simple words hurt you". Well losers, how bout not letting color determine whether you wanna **** somebody over or not.
You don't find it comical when blacks say it?

That was such an #AllLivesMatter type question, but in public, most definitely.

This is a huge deal in my opinion.

It is crazy that we go to great lengths to preserve things that are destructive.

I have given up this fight. It is just sad to me how stupid we look attempting to justify continuing to call ourselves the single most negative word in the history of mankind.

Crazy

Y'all would trip if you came to the east side of St. Paul and saw all the hood Asian dudes dropping it like it was nothing. Hell, I still do a double take.

It is crazy that we go to great lengths to preserve things that are destructive.

I have given up this fight. It is just sad to me how stupid we look attempting to justify continuing to call ourselves the single most negative word in the history of mankind.

Crazy

who is the end word destroying?

The word is to a point now in 2015 where its not even derogatory anymore, just another way to say "bro" or "dude".

In context, I dont think its bad at all, as long as people use it in the way I mentioned.

Last edited:
The word is to a point now in 2015 where its not even derogatory anymore, just another way to say "bro" or "dude".

In context, I dont think its bad at all, as long as people use it in the way I

Crazy

who is the end word destroying?

It is just the principle. It is about knowing, understanding, and respecting your history.

We could use any other word as a term of endearment. Why that word?that

In context, I dont think its bad at all, as long as people use it in the way I mentioned.

I am multiracial. My father is black and my mother is white.

In a conversation with my 81 year old white grandfather, he asked me if i and other black people realized what they were calling themselves when they referred to each other using that word. He asked me if he realized how stupid they sounded. Unfortunately I had nothing to say.

Just imagine an 80 year old white couple overhearing a bunch of young people using that word on each other. I can just picture them saying... "We don't even have to call those dumb *** ******* out of their name anymore... now they do it to themselves."

Nah man. You'll still get yourself in a nice little situation here if you say it. It's not that nice.

Plus it's disrespectful. It's not up to me as a white person to decide it's ok to use it. It isn't my word and never will be. I'll call you bro you can call me ___ Idgaf. I'm just never going there. :lol:

I am multiracial. My father is black and my mother is white.

In a conversation with my 81 year old white grandfather, he asked me if i and other black people realized what they were calling themselves when they referred to each other using that word. He asked me if he realized how stupid they sounded. Unfortunately I had nothing to say.

Just imagine an 80 year old white couple overhearing a bunch of young people using that word on each other. I can just picture them saying... "We don't even have to call those dumb *** ******* out of their name anymore... now they do it to themselves."

Dawg this is how language works. straight up.

it evolves, based on context and time. its not static, what it meant 80 years ago is not relevant. Human beings use langue to defines themselves withing communities. inevitably, groups will use words to include themselves within a group and exclude those who aren't part of it.

People use the N word precisely BECUASE it excludes an older generation. When you use it you define your self withing a certain time period and cultural context.

Let me give you an example.

In Canada, Quebec they speak French. The worst curse word is "Tabernac", its basically like the F word in english but worse. You know what it means?

Tabernacle.

This random church word, is the worst curse word in french speaking canada; how it got that way? Quebec was heavily roman catholic back from its inception(minority religeon in canada). Say using roman cathlic words out of context was like taking the lords name in vain and for a group that was a social, econmic, political, religioes minority it became a big taboo.

Now it's mutated into a curse word, that Old Quebecers hate and young people say all the time. Now Why?

Old minority group uses word to define themselves against protestant majority -> Don't say cathlic words in vain

Youger generation takes word and uses it to define themselves agains older generation -> Use Tabernac all the time.

This how langue works, why would black people be immune to this process?

Like I said, the word in 2015 is a whole new word. We can debate on it here on the forums but go to NYC for a day and everyone of all (younger gen) ages is throwing the word around like nothing and no one cares.

Back
Top Bottom