Filesonic, Fileserve and others are dead, update 1/24 MediaFire CEO speaks

Everyone was focused on S.O.P.A and PIPA and forgot about A.C.T.A (the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement).

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Freakonomics: Piracy Costs the Economy $200 B. a Year? ‘These Figures Were Made Up Out of Thin Air’[/h1]
Attempts to quantify the cost of IP piracy have failed, say Kal Raustiala and Chris Sprigman.

By Adrianne Jeffries 1/23 8:31am

illegal_downloading.jpg

Anti-piracy rhetoric holds that online piracy is a devastating force on the U.S. economy, responsible for the theft of between $200 billion and $250 billion per year and the loss of 750,000 good American jobs. “These numbers seem truly dire: a $250 billion per year loss would be almost $800 for every man, woman, and child in America. And 750,000 jobs – that’s twice the number of those employed in the entire motion picture industry in 2010,

Originally Posted by G o D Jewels

[h1][/h1]

Good post
pimp.gif

RIP Mediafire, you were good to me, but my bottom bish is still keeping me up. Private trackers
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Rudemiester

Originally Posted by Strawberry Milkshakes

We'll be back though. Stronger than ever.
Truth. You guys gotta start viewing the glass as half full instead of half empty. Illegal filesharing has come to a halt but it's only temporary. The creators of this world have to go back to the drawing board to begin disrupting industry through the proliferation of better ideas than just making copyrighted material widely available on the internet. Kim Dotcom got indicted because he stole these companies appetizers by making their material available for sharing on his platform and he was getting ready to eat their lunch with his 90/10 split label idea. Now that all these other file sharing community builders are out of work I think I know what their next project is gonna be.. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Its just crazy all of this is because some old white man can get paid off someone elses creativity. %*$% UMG & the RIAA....independent all the way

its too late for all this.

the game has already changed.

theyre messing it up....what the %*%$...they wanna go backwards.

feels like everything we wanna do now will cost 2$ each action. its like everything in life is to be rented.

i think the vast amount of free copyrighted material that has been available through the years has weeded out a lot of garbage and solidified pure fanbases for products that are worth it.

Back
Top Bottom