FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

I'm really suprised that nike decided to release these online, they said for weeks and weeks " NO ONLINE RELEASE" and now they decide to do it. Dont be suprised if they have very limited amout of them and sell-out within the hour. if the numbers the shops have been getting are any indecation of the number nike.com will have, they will be very low numbers, im thinking maybe 50-100 of each color, maybe eevn half that. who know this shoe game has turned into a lie and decieve game. sucks but what can you do!

oh and they fit TRUE TO SIZE, they DO NOT RUN BIG, or SMALL!! they fit PERFECT.

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

local shop in bay area did this, i was mad
frown.gif

Yeah, Premier in Palo Alto did this. Some chick that answers their phones kept telling me they were coming in so I called back every day for a week. Then yesterday, I think it was their owner that happened to pick up the phone, and he told me that they passed on the QS's. If she had actually bothered to do a little checking around rather than to keep saying, "Call back tomorrow," she probably could have told me that a week ago. I usually depend on Premier for this type of obscure release, but they didn't come through this time. I'm a little heated about the whole thing with what the chick was telling me, because I passed earlier when I could have gotten them online. This leaves me all but SOL in finding some at a local spot rather than having to go back online and go searching for needles in a big haystack. I've got full time school and a teething 8 month old daughter so I don't have the time to do the research. I've managed to pick up one pair of Citron/Teal's but I'm looking for 2 of each. Oh well, hopefully there's NDC...

The beauty of these are in the details.. Right inside the arch where the "webtec" is, there is this white leather that feels nothing like I have ever felt or seen on a Nike product. Maybe it's not a leather at all.. It's just so soft.. It really adds a nice layer of comfort to the shoes. We really just may have 3-4 types of leather on these shoe. Each and every one better than GR crap.. Pic's added in spoiler
Spoiler [+]
w0gqae.jpg

I also have a photo of a 1999 "infrared" pimento bo sc high to compare against the latest infrared.. The photos can't really show it all that well. I would say the latest version is a bit brighter and vibrant. A definite plus
Spoiler [+]
5w513.jpg

Now I don't own the OGs anymore, so a true comparison can't happen. But you can do a step by step comparison.. If the latest infrareds are a shade or two brighter than the 99s. And the 99s are many shades too dark compared to the OGs.. These are definitely the closest thing to an OG as we will ever see
Spoiler [+]
e331554e61c7c2bb9fdc38071a7090b89587e95_r.JPG

3cc35b07492966eccd74c689be556363b7809e0_r.JPG

21035ada4c966a76cf0ecc69bd2e08027e0c197_r.JPG

5d81584660ceceb400f1d9d26233f88170f6023_r.JPG

c6f25e14396ecccace6bca643f5ca91595dbb10_r.JPG

With all that said and shown, these took a 1999 pimento type color and brightened it up. Considering that Nike has taken many models and colorways over the years and chose to dull the look, these could have been a true varsity red type color and Nike would've pawned that onto us. Instead it's a brighter more vibrant red.

I'm calling it. Best retro in a really long time. This could almost take it back to where they left off after the 2000 at1s, 2000-2001 atIIIs, and your 97-01 sc highs.

Definitely a shoe you want 5 or 6 of for furture wear.. I'm just saying right now. If some of you think these will sit at lower price points, many may feel the same way and scoop them up at just .

I can just see it now. This toebox leather will break in really nice.. It does have an initial appearance of what Nike's known for (crap quality), but they are different. Believe me.

With many going for doubles or triples over the course of the next month or years, I really dont see these dropping in prices too far down.. Just when you think you're getting a deal, someone swoops in and takes the pair away for a couple bucks higher.

Make my life easier and buy all these up so I dont have an option to obtain multiples.
laugh.gif

I used leather conditioner on my infrareds. It makes the leather a little softer and it will prevent any cracking

Originally Posted by NobleKane

good thing these arent really high in demand. otherwise you would have seen rape prices on ebay.

ugh i love my infared pair and im tempted to double up but when u ice ur nike kicks the paint tends to crack when not being used for long periods of time... can someone tell me why this never happend to ogs? i mean what happend to the paint that would actually stick for alonnnnnng time?
I believe they used to pigment dye the color into the midsole so it lasted longer and had a smoother finish. Nowadays they pretty much just paint all retro model midsoles because its cheaper, thus you can see the actual brush strokes most of the time and they crack after a few wears...

Originally Posted by MrPleaseEm

Has anyone received their pair(s) from Nice Kicks? If so, post pics.

Yep, I ordered one pair of each qs colorway from NiceKicks. Both have arrived at my house. Unfortunately I'm out of town for work 
mad.gif
 . Can't wait to get home on Thursday, got 2 pairs of each waiting on me 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

I'm really suprised that nike decided to release these online, they said for weeks and weeks " NO ONLINE RELEASE" and now they decide to do it. Dont be suprised if they have very limited amout of them and sell-out within the hour. if the numbers the shops have been getting are any indecation of the number nike.com will have, they will be very low numbers, im thinking maybe 50-100 of each color, maybe eevn half that. who know this shoe game has turned into a lie and decieve game. sucks but what can you do!

I can't see Nike taking the time to do an online release if they're selling a total of 100-200 pairs.  That just doesn't make sense.  Why not just push those out to the shops that have already sold out and have a demand for these?
That said, I don't see these sticking around too long online.  You might not have to be waiting at your computer for them to hit, but if you wait until morning, you may be out of luck.  Me?  I'ma be waiting at my computer refreshing their Twitter feed waiting for the link.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Also, now that a lot of heads are receiving their pairs, can we get a more clear cut answer on how these run!?!  I tried on the Blk/Red GR joints and they definitely ran small, so I had to go a 1/2 size up like I do with most Air Max.  Are the QS joints any different?  

did nearly a 15 minute video for these, video of what they look like on your feet with shorts, jeans, with the strap and without both colorways enjoy
happy.gif

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

did nearly a 15 minute video for these, video of what they look like on your feet with shorts, jeans, with the strap and without both colorways enjoy
happy.gif

>

Great video

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by ekhunter1

I can't see Nike taking the time to do an online release if they're selling a total of 100-200 pairs.  That just doesn't make sense.  Why not just push those out to the shops that have already sold out and have a demand for these?
yea nike aint dumb. thats why i think you might see these at outlets or restocked later down the line.

if you want them they will be there. i just wouldnt wait on them if you truly want them.

Originally Posted by mints

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

district sucks when it comes to shipping. they sent them "smartpost"... they've just been sitting in charlotte since yesterday for no reason.
indifferent.gif

they shipped last wednesday.

annoying. 
eyes.gif

Smartpost is the WORST, I can't stand when companies use it. You'll save like 40 cents on Priority Mail through the USPS and then Fedex and USPS point the finger at each other when you call to find out why your package got routed to another state when it was almost here.

i actually tried to edit that right after i posted it, but you got it quoted anyways.
laugh.gif

cuz district offered me some money back for the shipping i paid since it's taking so long. they said they use smartpost cuz: "We go through FedEx Smartpost because the tracking is much better. USPS only tells you when the package is delivered."

yeah, the tracking is better, but it takes for freaking evar.

whatever tho. should be in the next day or two hopefully.
eyes.gif

Awesome video trethousand!!! Thanks for the thorough look.

I'm a 10.5-11 (really changes across the board, especially with recent Jordan releases like 2011 White Cements I had to go smaller), and went with a 10.5 in these cause I've been liking my shoes a little snug lately.. hoping there's no discomfort. I'll rock them loose and tough it out if there is 
wink.gif

I bet Wally is somewhere in sneaker heaven right now..

Wally - thanks for the write ups. And they are true to size.
I got them in last Friday and couldn't wait to wear them. They brought me back to Jr. High. Very comfy, and I can't stop looking @ my feet. The best drop of 2011.
Been wearing them non stop.
W/ the wifey.
1zb6zw4.jpg

9u4uty.jpg

Today
4hqydw.jpg

Great video GT, more review of that calibre are required, on feet shorts, jeans, tongue popped, or not, strap on/off, perfect.

Drooling as i wait for both min to arrive.

I'll igonor the fact i didn't get a mention...
tongue.gif

Awesome vid.
pimp.gif
. Tongue in, with pants is more my style. Just as suspected, the infrared outrigger provides all the color you need. PERFECT

Twitter update says DISTRICT got a restock..

Two other Cali stores posted on their twitters. 9/2 release for them
eek.gif

Should I just list the 15 or so places throughout the past week or so that has been in mentioned in some regard (some even via PM) all right here in one place? I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.

love love lovin this shoe, i might just cop 2 more of each color, i think 5 of each colorway will suffice!!! haha

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Awesome vid.
pimp.gif
. Tongue in, with pants is more my style. Just as suspected, the infrared outrigger provides all the color you need. PERFECT

Twitter update says DISTRICT got a restock..

Two other Cali stores posted on their twitters. 9/2 release for them
eek.gif

Should I just list the 15 or so places throughout the past week or so that has been in mentioned in some regard (some even via PM) all right here in one place? I don't want to step on anyone's toes here.

^ Good looks dude, just scored a pair of the Citrons.

Back
Top Bottom