FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Atlanta
Walters- not sure what sizes
Athletes Foot- West End and South Dekalb(only have infrareds, FSR, only 2 pairs of each size)
WISH

Most spots received only the infrareds here in Atlanta. Athletes Foot has not sold one pair. I wanted to hold out for a minute to see if the price drops. But because they only have 2 pair in my size I went ahead and copped a pair. I plan on getting the white/black/grey pair next, they're only $60.

Man i totally slept on these..got my Volt SC Trainer IIs the other day from that nike outlet for 51 shipped..

Any locations in NYC or upstate NY with these?

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Atlanta
Walters- not sure what sizes
Athletes Foot- West End and South Dekalb(only have infrareds, FSR, only 2 pairs of each size)
WISH

Most spots received only the infrareds here in Atlanta. Athletes Foot has not sold one pair. I wanted to hold out for a minute to see if the price drops. But because they only have 2 pair in my size I went ahead and copped a pair. I plan on getting the white/black/grey pair next, they're only $60.
Appreciate the info.

DAMN..you guys are taking me back with the D.O.C and Shabba (aka Mr. Ugly Man..word to In Living Color). Im a little younger than you guys, but I remember most of these tracks being blasted on the South Side of Chicago in 1989-90. I was 5-6 but remember quite a bit from those early days. I remember damn near everyone in my kindergarden class had a Bartman shirt. I also remember Jordan making Craig Ehlo his female dog in the 89 playoffs. Andre Dawson was my favorite baseball player at the time (I had dude's card and his Starting Lineup action figure).  I also remember this joint blasting through the hood heavy

Originally Posted by sthebest

DAMN..you guys are taking me back with the D.O.C and Shabba (aka Mr. Ugly Man..word to In Living Color). Im a little younger than you guys, but I remember most of these tracks being blasted on the South Side of Chicago in 1989-90. I was 5-6 but remember quite a bit from those early days. I remember damn near everyone in my kindergarden class had a Bartman shirt. I also remember Jordan making Craig Ehlo his female dog in the 89 playoffs.�Andre Dawson was�my favorite baseball player at the time (I had dude's card and his�Starting Lineup action figure). �I also remember this joint blasting through the hood heavy

���
Yea the bart simpson shirts were huge

http://www.defynewyork.co...simpson-t-shirts-198990/

At my school, you would get blasted for wearing anything that wasn't authentic....but for some reason the flea-market "Air Bart" bootleg tees got a pass for some reason. Everybody had one.

holy cow, this thread has turned into complete nostalgia. love it.

i remember in 1989 i got my first pair of nikes... but they weren't "nike airs". kids at school ragged on me hard, lol....

trethousandgt wrote:

DAMN..you guys are taking me back with the D.O.C and Shabba (aka Mr. Ugly Man..word to In Living Color). Im a little younger than you guys, but I remember most of these tracks being blasted on the South Side of Chicago in 1989-90. I was 5-6 but remember quite a bit from those early days. I remember damn near everyone in my kindergarden class had a Bartman shirt. I also remember Jordan making Craig Ehlo his female dog in the 89 playoffs.�Andre Dawson was�my favorite baseball player at the time (I had dude's card and his�Starting Lineup action figure). �I also remember this joint blasting through the hood heavy

���
Yea the bart simpson shirts were huge

http://www.defynewyork.co...simpson-t-shirts-198990/

mannn I would kill for a Black Bart Simpson t-shirt. I have these three

%24(KGrHqEOKpoE3w!tReRpBOIGEMLOJQ~~0_12.JPG
the one my kindergarden class had

but mines is a ringer tee with blue collar and blue trim on the sleeves

%24(KGrHqYOKnEE2,GQ3wfNBNoeCI)PUQ~~_3.JPG
(front)

%24(KGrHqQOKioE1571U3iDBNoeCSYHQ!~~_3.JPG
(back) (this scene came from the very first Simpsons sketch of the Tracey Ulman show)

so yesterday I got my Citrons in. thanks so much Wally! The site he gave me had great customer service, great shipping, and have good prices. I got so excited when cutting open the shipping box with my keys, my hand slip and left a nasty 2 and a half inch scratch on my arm. Didnt bleed much so i'll be okay lmao. I have to say the quality on these is A+ and is definitely premium. The leather is reminiscent on what they used to use on older Nike shoes from the early 90s, only not as soft to the touch. Stll, it's as close as we're going to get in this generation

3fab7b30f5f58685961bcec04a7812c6.jpg

I also had this Stussy shirt that matches pretty well
354bebc2443877b4c7529225dfc16338.jpg

I went to AKIN here in Chicago and they had both colorways. Unfortunately, I got a deal I couldnt pass up on 2011 True Blue IIIs (one of my favorite Jordans of all time) so I have to wait to cop the Infrareds. I may be in the minority but I really like the Citrons better than the Infrareds. The indiglo on the Infrareds took the shoe down a notch in my eyes (even though theyre pretty much true to the OG colorway and still look really good). Im just a sucker for neon colors on a old school Nike shoe.

You guys pushed for these to get released and I salute you all for it. Count me in for the crusade to get the David Robinsons (aka Air Force STS Highs and Command Forces to get retroed). And lastly, Id like to share a few gems ive had from the late 80s/early 90s era

448561_73b6d0bc9a_l.jpg
  rebuilt the midsole on these using Gorilla Glue and caulk. Held really well

342014_84b3b2103c_l.jpg
  these cracked on me so bad I had to toss them. it hurt like hell. if they ever retro, Im copping with no questions asked.

so yesterday I got my Citrons in. thanks so much Wally! The site he gave me had great customer service, great shipping, and have good prices. I got so excited when cutting open the shipping box with my keys, my hand slip and left a nasty 2 and a half inch scratch on my arm. Didnt bleed much so i'll be okay lmao. I have to say the quality on these is A+ and is definitely premium. The leather is reminiscent on what they used to use on older Nike shoes from the early 90s, only not as soft to the touch. Stll, it's as close as we're going to get in this generation

I also had this Stussy shirt that matches pretty well

I went to AKIN here in Chicago and they had both colorways. Unfortunately, I got a deal I couldnt pass up on 2011 True Blue IIIs (one of my favorite Jordans of all time) so I have to wait to cop the Infrareds. I may be in the minority but I really like the Citrons better than the Infrareds. The indiglo on the Infrareds took the shoe down a notch in my eyes (even though theyre pretty much true to the OG colorway and still look really good). Im just a sucker for neon colors on a old school Nike shoe.

You guys pushed for these to get released and I salute you all for it. Count me in for the crusade to get the David Robinsons (aka Air Force STS Highs and Command Forces to get retroed). And lastly, Id like to share a few gems ive had from the late 80s/early 90s era

rebuilt the midsole on these using Gorilla Glue and caulk. Held really well

342014_84b3b2103c_l.jpg
  these cracked on me so bad I had to toss them. it hurt like hell. if they ever retro, Im copping with no questions asked.
I'm down for these to release. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these Agassi's retro in the early 2000's?

Also, I loved those Bootleg Bart Simpson Tees
pimp.gif

sthebest- the citron cw is my favorite of the two as well. The indiglo took the shoe up a notch for me though. I only wanted the citrons until I saw infrareds up close.
eek.gif
at those Agassi's! I want those very badly. For years I thought they were huaraches. Was there another color? I remember my dad had both. I think the graphic on the back was like a grayish, blue or purple type color.

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

342014_84b3b2103c_l.jpg

I'm down for these to release. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't these Agassi's retro in the early 2000's?
Yes they did, but only in this colorway and in a low-cut.  The blocking was also slightly different.  
RIP to your pair sthebest
frown.gif

OG

nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-8.jpg
nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-10.jpg

2000 Retro

air_tech_challenge_retro_1.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_4.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_2.jpg

But I digress...
embarassed.gif

342014_84b3b2103c_l.jpg

These did indeed release as a low cut Retro, in August of 2000 if I recall correctly. I still have 2 pairs of the Retro in 12.5 that I never wore. From what I recall, I only ever saw these at NTSF, so I don't think they were a general release and I don't think they made it to mainstream shops. There wasn't much fanfare or demand for them and from what I saw they didn't do all that well. Assuming they were produced in low numbers, the fact that they didn't do well is probably why it took Nike so long (until 2008) to release the ATC II's. There were also samples of a black model made in this style which were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but unfortunately were not produced to my knowledge, I assume because the white ones sat for a while.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by GL Rayner

342014_84b3b2103c_l.jpg

Yes they did, but only in this colorway and in a low-cut.  The blocking was also slightly different.  
RIP to your pair sthebest
frown.gif

OG

nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-8.jpg
nike-air-max-90-custom-air-tech-challenge-20-10.jpg

2000 Retro

air_tech_challenge_retro_1.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_4.jpg
air_tech_challenge_retro_2.jpg

But I digress...
embarassed.gif

yeah the 2000s were acceptable, but the last time I them in my size they were 300+
ohwell.gif
 dont want to drop that much only for them to crack like my OGs did. thanks Sinner...I was so sad to toss a beauty of a shoe. I held on to them hoping to get them sole swapped. but since no recent retro had the same sole, it was pretty much impossible to do. (not to mention that id also have to get someone who could do a sick gradient effect for me).

oh well..at least I got to rock them a few times before they cracked on me. I hope they do retro one day..high cut and with a purple to lime green gradient midsole like the OGs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blacklion23

sthebest- the citron cw is my favorite of the two as well. The indiglo took the shoe up a notch for me though. I only wanted the citrons until I saw infrareds up close.
eek.gif
at those Agassi's! I want those very badly. For years I thought they were huaraches. Was there another color? I remember my dad had both. I think the graphic on the back was like a grayish, blue or purple type color.
there are a few colorways of the OGs. 

1-nike-air-tech-challenge-lv-agassi-1992-arnoa-kicks-box.jpg

and back to the SC IIs, I too saw the Infrareds in person. they look good but the Citrons pop much more IMO. the moment I opened the box to mines made me feel like it was 1989 all over again. I will cop the Infrareds soon though because I like how much the Infrared color pops on the shoe. Not to mention that I LOVE this silhouette. These are true high tops. I put them next to my 1994 Chicago 1s and they are almost the same height. Its nice that Nike is starting to rethink their policy on not releasing true high top shoes.

^tennis shoes
i would like Nike to retro the ATCII Low in a few different colors...
here are my originals...bought them during the summer of 1990, on sale - the lava lows, they are not pink

So now that lots of us have our highly coveted QS's, what's the word on when these are coming:

nike-air-trainer-sc-2-retro-black.jpg

These and the black/metallic hematite/black pair that are already out look like they both make a pretty good Raiders color combo, and when it comes to Bo you've GOT to have at least one good Raiders colorway.

Had a friend pick up 2 pairs of infrareds at undefeated La she picked up the last 10 and a 9.5
I came into undftd Las vegas today and they still had a 10 of infrareds... copped those and now Stuck with an extra pair of 9.5 infrareds
ohwell.gif

Big thanks to bryscooplaygrifhold for helping out with getting a correct size. Now I need to figure out what to do with the sz13 extras.

Lastly, a Bo Jax OG colorway family photo. The SC II's had remained that huge missing link out of his lineage... Now it's pretty much complete
79235bb141a87f454bf31e863e3160c117816c1_r.jpg

I only included the retros of original colorways.. SC , SC II, SCIII, and your trainer max 91.

The SC I or as well call them now, the Air Trainer III, really need to be retroed. These shoes are yellowed and breaking down. They definitely dont have the sparkle and shine the latest SC IIs have in the photo.
Even your SC III or the air trainer sc high needs to go back and do a correct royal blue, and even an infrared based colorway... It wouldnt hurt to include the white/black/hint of aqua OG, as a first rate retro.
Air trainer maxes are a bit mediocre in quality. My pair has elements that are already yellowed or yellowing severely..

The reality is, without these SC II QSs, the entire Bo jackson line was really on its last legs, having ended quality retros around 2001. 2002 to before this release 2011 was really filled with mediocre filler shoes. They tried some OG colorways but quality was always a concern. They then had like a 4 to 1 ratio of odd ball LS colorways that saturated the marketplace.. I could rant on and on, but the point is made I'm sure.

Let's hope this can spark some other high quality shoes to be produced and made correctly.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Big thanks to bryscooplaygrifhold for helping out with getting a correct size. Now I need to figure out what to do with the sz13 extras.

Lastly, a Bo Jax OG colorway family photo. The SC II's had remained that huge missing link out of his lineage... Now it's pretty much complete
79235bb141a87f454bf31e863e3160c117816c1_r.jpg

I only included the retros of original colorways.. SC , SC II, SCIII, and your trainer max 91.

The SC I or as well call them now, the Air Trainer III, really need to be retroed. These shoes are yellowed and breaking down. They definitely dont have the sparkle and shine the latest SC IIs have in the photo.
Even your SC III or the air trainer sc high needs to go back and do a correct royal blue, and even an infrared based colorway... It wouldnt hurt to include the white/black/hint of aqua OG, as a first rate retro.
Air trainer maxes are a bit mediocre in quality. My pair has elements that are already yellowed or yellowing severely..

The reality is, without these SC II QSs, the entire Bo jackson line was really on its last legs, having ended quality retros around 2001. 2002 to before this release 2011 was really filled with mediocre filler shoes. They tried some OG colorways but quality was always a concern. They then had like a 4 to 1 ratio of odd ball LS colorways that saturated the marketplace.. I could rant on and on, but the point is made I'm sure.

Let's hope this can spark some other high quality shoes to be produced and made correctly.

I agree that the Bo Jackson line was on its last leg before the QS release. They took a chance and it paid off. Its the first time in years that people have been beasting for some trainers. Most people that ive shown my Citrons too really fell in love with them. People on Twitter are talking about these and the demand is there.  I would love for them to go back and do some proper Medicine Balls and Auburns. Id even love for the Blue colorway of the Trainer SC IIs to come out in time for Christmas to complete the set.

I did some thinking about possible colors that would have worked well on these. I came to the conclusion that a Grape/Ice Emerald colorway with QS quality would be legendary
pimp.gif

All this should be in the Team Air Trainer thread, much more appropriate.

Back to the SC II

These arrived after a day of stressing that they would be late....

Back
Top Bottom