(FINALLY GOT EM BACK DS PAIR...PIC ON PAGE 10) AIR JORDAN XI COOL GREY's LET'S HAVE A DISCUSSION

Has there EVER been a Jordan release as significant as the Air Jordan XI Cool Grey's? I remember itlike it was yesterday... I was in Atlanta one February for the release of the Air Jordan XVI's at NikeTown ATL. As I bought a pair one of the workerstipped me off about the Cool Grey's and their release date. Mind you I was living in Durham NC (400 miles away) at the time and was basically visiting mygirl in Atl and hooping there when I visited.

Anyway fast forward...I drove back down to ATL friday night for the early morning Saturday release of the CG's.Got to Phipps mall at like 5:30 am with my lady...crowd was already starting up. Finally when the doors opened a poor old lady with her grandson that was atthe front of the line was nearly trampled. They had a 2 pair limit...so my lady bought 2 pair and I bought 2 pair. I kept a pair for self...sold 2 pair on Ebayfor $225 (yes I was a reseller on Ebay in 2000 before it was really popular) brought one pair to an overseas basketball combine I attended (finished top 5 inthe combine) but those got stolen from my rental car with all of my clothes (faulty trunk mechanism). That left me with my pair. Well anyway my girlfriend atthe time and I got in a serious argument and she cut up my last pair of Cool Grey's with a some sharp utility scissors.

Anyway, let's get back to the kicks...to me they are the best Jordans ever released. Who agrees?

air-jordan-11-cool-grey.jpg

BTW the release of day for these shoes were extremely frantic. I distinctly remember reports on thenews about rioting in a mall in Sacramento and some isolated cases of robberies after the people bought them.

^ GREAT SHOE! Maybe a little overboard with best ever released, maybe best retro + colorway ever.

Seems those 11's have been a curse in your life, maybe u shouldn't of been greedy in purchasing the kix.

Favorite sneaker of all-time, doubt that will ever change either.

Originally Posted by JRose5

Glad I bought my pair online to avoid the riots.

JR5
You still have your pair? What condition are they in if you have them. I am just wonderingman, not trying to buy them or anything. I was new to NT during that time, think my name was NewBKnowledge or something like that.

to be honest i dont really like the CG CW but to each his own i know its a popular CW. interesting story though, sorry to hear about your shoes getting stolenand cut up by your girl. Did you dump her for that cuz I would have, especially if it was my favorite pair.

I'm with you op best retro and cw imo obviously well I used to have a pair but back then I beat them to death and then gave them as hand me downs searchingfor a pair though sorry for ur troubles with the kicks

lol, i feel you made this thread to track those who have them so you can buy it off them, jk. Yeah, I want these really bad as well..

Still looking to get my hands on a pair.To me not the best ever but up there
pimp.gif

I would flip if someone had done that to my stuff by at least u still have one pair. I like these but they're not in my top five or so

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Has there EVER been a Jordan release as significant as the Air Jordan XI Cool Grey's? I remember it like it was yesterday... I was in Atlanta one February for the release of the Air Jordan XVI's at NikeTown ATL. As I bought a pair one of the workers tipped me off about the Cool Grey's and their release date. Mind you I was living in Durham NC (400 miles away) at the time and was basically visiting my girl in Atl and hooping there when I visited.

Anyway fast forward...I drove back down to ATL friday night for the early morning Saturday release of the CG's. Got to Phipps mall at like 5:30 am with my lady...crowd was already starting up. Finally when the doors opened a poor old lady with her grandson that was at the front of the line was nearly trampled. They had a 2 pair limit...so my lady bought 2 pair and I bought 2 pair. I kept a pair for self...sold 2 pair on Ebay for $225 (yes I was a reseller on Ebay in 2000 before it was really popular) brought one pair to an overseas basketball combine I attended (finished top 5 in the combine) but those got stolen from my rental car with all of my clothes (faulty trunk mechanism). That left me with my pair. Well anyway my girlfriend at the time and I got in a serious argument and she cut up my last pair of Cool Grey's with a some sharp utility scissors.

Anyway, let's get back to the kicks...to me they are the best Jordans ever released. Who agrees?
eek.gif
She must have known you loved thoseshoes...un-freaking-believable

I remember being in Cleveland when these released..i got mine that day! There was a pack of like 50 people at 6 am at downtown mall. This is when i rememberthe hype for Jordans were created....

I still have mine in VVVVNDS condition!!

this release was mayhem in Sacramento especially at Florin Mall.. People in Sac that were there knows what i'm talking about. I got my pair and left with aquickness. By fair the craziest release I have ever been too. I love these shoes!!

That shoe was very easy for me to get. I backordered it from Eastbay about two months before it released. I wish I would've gotten two pair, though.

Yeah....Sacramento was CRAZY. Dudes was wylin' out forreal. Broke the damn security doors. Dudes gettin' juxed. Florin Mall
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Good thing I pre-ordered from eastbay
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got a pair sz 12 ds & still icy.......def. my HG/fav Jordan.....actually wtb another pair if anyone's sellin drop me a pm.......

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

BTW the release of day for these shoes were extremely frantic. I distinctly remember reports on the news about rioting in a mall in Sacramento and some isolated cases of robberies after the people bought them.

ithink my brother was caught in it. he went there for his pair and got caught up in the violence. i was still pretty young so i didnt go

i love my pair, as u can see in my profile pic!
but my favorite 11s have to be the dmp 11s, there is no contest

I feel that the CG XI started to recent craziness (last 8 years) with lining up for J's and everything. Before that i was fairly easy to cop kicksespecially all the XI's. Concords sold out but it took like a day and the Space Jams were the same in NYC. The blk/red XI's sat for about 3-4 weeks insome spots and the Columbias were available for a couple days as well. But that CG release was a crazy day in March

Back
Top Bottom