**Finals Predictions**.. Oh, and Let's Be Real: What would happen if LA played CLE in the Finals?

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

A lot of people talking about the Lakers possibly not making it out and acting like the Cavs have an easy road. The Magic, Celtics and Pistons are all pretty good teams, especially in a seven game series. With that being said, I think both teams fans need to realize its going to be a fight to get to the finals. As a Laker fan, we need to worry about potentially facing Portland in the second round and if we make it and they make it, the Jazz in the WCF. I do hope the Cavs/Lakers finals happen though. It will be an epic series.
Umm this makes no sense at all. How are the Jazz going to make it to the WCF this year when their most likely going to face and lose to the Lakers in a sweep or 5 games max in the 1st round.Lets not forget the Lakers closed them out in 6 games @ Utah last year in the playoffs also. Blazers don't scare me at all in the 2nd round. The past 7 years we've lost regular season game but come playoffs we take out Portland.

My fault, when I wrote that I still thought the Mavs were the 8th seed. Either way, I still think getting to the finals won't be as easy as some peoplethink it will be. Just my opinion though.

In all fairness no one team is going to have an easy road to the finals, whoever makes it is gonna definitely have to earn it

I hope the Lakers make it to the finals again so that can lose (game 6
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
) and I can see tears of anguishstream down those loser's faces.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

I hope the Lakers make it to the finals again so that can lose (game 6
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
) and I can see tears of anguish stream down those loser's faces.
Like I already said, "if" the Lakers don't win the title I will be throwing thebiggest block party.
laugh.gif

houston is not even close to be the team that they can be. instead of making yao the first option, they don't.. it's good that tmac is out, cause heand yao never meshed, cause tracy doesnt want to be #2.. not even to yao. and having yao is having a great offensive player.. having good defenders like artestand battier is good, they just lack firepower compared to the other teams in the west

It's Lebron's turn to shine - Lakers vs. Cavs final is a definite. Stern will do everything in his power to ensure the world's two best playersface-off in the Finals. As far as the winner, I'm leaning towards the Lakers for now.

It's funny how people say it's Lebron's turn to shine in the Finals.

What happened in the 2007 Finals when he shot under 40% and got swept in the Finals to the Spurs.

This was when everyone their momma's where saying and believeing in the HYPE when SI, ESPN, and NIKE where all saying "Lebron has ARRIVED" rightafter the Cavs beat the Pistons in the ECF that season.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

houston is not even close to be the team that they can be. instead of making yao the first option, they don't.. it's good that tmac is out, cause he and yao never meshed, cause tracy doesnt want to be #2.. not even to yao. and having yao is having a great offensive player.. having good defenders like artest and battier is good, they just lack firepower compared to the other teams in the west
Tracy has always deferred to Yao since he's been on the Rockets. I really dont' see where people keep getting the Tracy doesnt' wantto be a # 2. I think he doesn't want to be THE guy if anything.

What happened in the 2007 Finals when he shot under 40% and got swept in the Finals to the Spurs.

This was when everyone their momma's where saying and believeing in the HYPE when SI, ESPN, and NIKE where all saying "Lebron has ARRIVED" right after the Cavs beat the Pistons in the ECF that season.

laugh.gif

Dude was a young buck then, and the Spurs were a powerhouse. It's no surprise that the Spurs swept the Cavs. If anything, it was a surprise that the Cavsmade it that far. Lebron in 2009 is head and shoulders above the player that Lebron in 2007 was. The Cavs as a team as well.

Also, T-Mac been ok with being the #2. He's more of a facilitator because of all the injuries and diminished skills. One is right, he doesn't want tobe THE guy.

I'm hoping neither the Cavs or Lakers make it if anything. I wanna see the million posts, and I wanna see what everybody has to say then, about $tern andCo.

I still see the Lakers coming out of the West but with KG healthy, I don't see anyone beating Boston.

So, I'm picking Boston over LA.

I hope I'm wrong because I do not want to see another Lakers/Celtics Finals.

Home court is important in your own conference and "if" it goes 7 games. It is hard to get to a game 7 when you gotta play 3 straight on the road.

The Nuggets are a good team, I don't doubt they would play well in the playoffs but it's still the Nuggets, a group of guys, only one of which is usedto winning.

Just a side note:

Since the 1982-83 season The finals have ended

4-0 (5 times)
4-1 (5)
4-2 (13)
4-3 (4)

Thought that stat was interesting

kidskillz your def a kid if you truly believe that. It was unbelievable how he even took the team that far, let alone face arguably the best nba franchise inthe 2000's

Oh you bring up 40% thats cool. Kobe shot under 40% in 4 of the laker's finals games last year. check your facts son

This was when everyone their momma's where saying and believeing in the HYPE when SI, ESPN, and NIKE where all saying "Lebron has ARRIVED" right after the Cavs beat the Pistons in the ECF that season.

laugh.gif
What does 2007 have to do with 2009?

To me it dosn't matter even tho I want it to be Lakers. vs. Cavs. This is going to be one of the best playoffs overall in a minute...

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Nothing but a bunch of dumb Lakers fans in here. Lakers shoulda beat the Cavs in Cleveland considering, Lebron didn't really seem interested, Wallace was playing hurt, no delonte west, no Pavlovic, small backcourt of just Gibson and Mo practically the whole game, Odom got like 6 garbage buckets cause J.J. Hickson don't how to box out, and we squandered a 14 point lead. Be basketball fans before Homers and nut swingers. If you think all this is just excuses, watch the game again and you will see they are facts. Oh yeah, so what if Bynum ain't play.
LOL @ Lebron wasnt interested, so unintersted that he shot 25% from the field. Well, Kobe got his fingered jam in the first game and he had theflu in the second game, so I guess that cancels out your Lebron wasn't interested theory.
I also like how you list all those players that didn't play for the cavs, but then go so what if Bynum ain't play? Bynum is a much better player thanall those players you listed and has a bigger defensive impact. Talk about being basketball fans, you need to take off those Cavs blinders.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

kidskillz your def a kid if you truly believe that. It was unbelievable how he even took the team that far, let alone face arguably the best nba franchise in the 2000's
unbelievable? not really... look at the teams they played on their cakewalk to the Finals.
eyes.gif

the only impressive series they had was vs the Pistons, but then again that was the Flip Saunders coached Pistons and not the same dominant team they oncewere.

lakers in 6 vs. boston or orlando
lakers in 6-7 vs. cavs

and yes, I'm aware that orlando swept the lakers this season

lakers in 6, vs the cavs....

love kobe and lebron....
but for some reason, this year aint 'IT' for lebron....
i know the cavs are looking like the best team in the league, but my gut feeling says its not their year....
indifferent.gif

i know it's not fair...

but no way in hell stern will let LBJ lose in the finals twice.

LBJ will get his first ring.

Just think about it for a sec.

Kobe already has 3 rings.

Truth hurts but Stern won't give Kobe his 4th ring before LBJ gets his first.
YEA NBA IS RIGGED. BUT THAT'S THE PERFECT SCENARIO.

TIME TO ACCEPT.

Back
Top Bottom