First Look - Air Jordan 1 Black/White Updated w/ Info

Info via Kixandthecity.com

After paying tribute to Michael Jordan's brother, Ronnie Jordan, with the Armed Forces Air Jordan Retro 1 Package, Jordan Brand is set to release an AirJordan Retro 1 dedicated to perhaps the most important person in Michael Jordan's life, his deceased father, James Raymond Jordan Sr., with the"Father's Day" Air Jordan Retro 1. The "Father's Day" Air Jordan Retro 1 features Black/White leather upper with a Black/WhiteTweed toebox and midpanel. The Tweed midpanel is visible through a Clear Swoosh.

The "Father's Day" design hit comes in the form of a toolbox embroidery at the heel. This embroidery spells out POPS and symbolizes Michael'sfather. The symbolism of the toolbox itself may have contributed to Michael's signature "tongue wag". MJ's "tongue wag" came fromhis father who hung his tongue out of his mouth while absorbed in work. Beyond a tribute to his father, Father's Day itself is a very important day in thehistory of Michael Jordan's career. MJ won his fourth championship on Father's Day the year that his father was murdered.

The "Father's Day" Air Jordan Retro 1 is set to release at limited Jordan accounts on on June 7th.

Images Via http://www.altsnk.com/news/index.htmAltSnk & Shoes House Kuze

06/07/2008 Air Jordan 1
325514-011 Black/White $100

3255140111ec6.jpg

air-jordan-1-pops-01.jpg

air-jordan-1-pops-03.jpg

air-jordan-1-pops-02.jpg

Is that a clear swoosh? These could've been done better.

Gentry describes his ideas for kickz as "Brain Farts"
That makes sense since the end result looks like crap.

thats a tool box on the side and it spells out POPS, its a symbol that was on the tounge of the jordan XX to represent MJ's dad, so im guessing that thesejordan i's will be dedicated to Michaels father. and that the materials used will be somehow related to his dad. kinda like how there doing the jordan Ifor his brother. thats just my guess

mithu aka the ambassador

More AJ 1's..give me a break..rather have the barons instead of this piece of trash..

Back
Top Bottom