FIRST LOOK: Bo Jackson's First Signature Shoe for Fall 2014

The original shoe (Air Max Bo Jax) and those lows (Air Trainer Max II 360) are different

Those trainer ii 360s actually aren't terrible... Can't say the same for the Bo Jax

But add 360 to just about any shoe and you're lookin $150 +

Thanks for the explanation since i was confused after reading the CT's article featuring this Med-Ball one which never mentioned anything about Bo Jax. Although I thought those Bo Jaxes are piece of crap, I guess I somehow like these Trainer Max II 360 since i thought those are kind of decent too. (The first one was out in US earlier this year according to kixandthecity.com, so someone should know the retail.)
View media item 853734View media item 853737

Agreed. The lows have a bit of a feel of those weird hybrid sample types from back in the day. Part of the reason they look good is that bubble looks oversized, at least in those pics. I'm not going to front, they are on my list.

Also, the medicine ball CW is a dope color combo that hasn't been completely overexposed yet. It's also earth tone-ish, as opposed to all the highlighter bright stuff Nike tends to release nowadays.

The top joints are absolute frankenpoop though.

You talking about the amare/LeBron/trainer hybrid?

I agree with you on the highlighter bright stuff, everything is so bright these days from Nike

I agree with you on the highlighter bright stuff, everything is so bright these days from Nike
do you guys not pay attention to trends? every 20-30 years the past trends make their way back so thats why 80s-90s style/colors are back and are bright and crazy

i never liked these shoes but man these are hard! that price is no bueno but oh well

Never liked what shoes? These shoes never existed before. The upper, sole (bubble), and colorway are each signature pieces of other shoes.

Nah, I'm talking about like way back in the day. Like when you see pics of AM1 upper w/ AM90 soles from decades ago.

The way the bubble pops out of the silhouette of that shoe actually reminds me a bit of the Air Trainer Max '92. But, I admit that I'm a bit like a man wandering a desert hallucinating an oasis with that, because that is one of my grails (the white/grey/light purple CW) and it has never been retro-ed. (And, it would flop hard as hell if it did come back, so I can't really blame Nike for not doing so. ...The AM 120, on the other hand, another model that I love that is yet to get a retro, could smoke if they led with sunset CW, but now I'm digressing )

do you guys not pay attention to trends? every 20-30 years the past trends make their way back so thats why 80s-90s style/colors are back and are bright and crazy

First of all, 80s/90s was not all about highlighter colors. The highlighter 80s retro look was driven by a bunch of teenagers who didn't actually live through the 80s. 10 year olds dressed in super bright Bugle Boy, Ocean Pacific, etc. stuff in 1988. But, that wasn't the style of the 80s. As is often the case with cats thinking they leading the charge, the crowd pushing that were inspired for nostalgia for something they never even experienced.

Second of all, don't lump the 80s and 90s into a group. They were very distinct eras.

Third of all, I see where you are going with the bright colors, but the genius of Nike at it's peak was the way it was strategically loud. ...You know that nice lady who never curses, and then she gets riled up and drops an f-bomb, so you know she's real serious? Nike was kind of like that. They made classic, sleek designs with a splash of bold color - the infra on the 90, the neon on the 95, the elephant on the III. Nike wasn't overly loud in its heydey. It was understatedly bold, punctuating its designs in just the right way. Now, it's that dude who runs his mouth all day without saying anything. A shockjock who made a living off of one-upping himself until he becomes a caricature of himself. Nike has overexposed its boldness such that it doesn't even receive a reaction anymore, and it's remedy for overexposure is to keep doubling down. So, as it relates to Nike, I don't think their excessively gaudy designs are at all a reboot of days yore.

And, finally, to whatever extent this faux-80s revival was hot, in terms of super bright colors, I think that wave is pretty much on it's way out.

Last edited:
Never liked what shoes? These shoes never existed before. The upper, sole (bubble), and colorway are each signature pieces of other shoes.
Nah, I'm talking about like way back in the day. Like when you see pics of AM1 upper w/ AM90 soles from decades ago.

The way the bubble pops out of the silhouette of that shoe actually reminds me a bit of the Air Trainer Max '92. But, I admit that I'm a bit like a man wandering a desert hallucinating an oasis with that, because that is one of my grails (the white/grey/light purple CW) and it has never been retro-ed. (And, it would flop hard as hell if it did come back, so I can't really blame Nike for not doing so. ...The AM 120, on the other hand, another model that I love that is yet to get a retro, could smoke if they led with sunset CW, but now I'm digressing )
First of all, 80s/90s was not all about highlighter colors. The highlighter 80s retro look was driven by a bunch of teenagers who didn't actually live through the 80s. 10 year olds dressed in super bright Bugle Boy, Ocean Pacific, etc. stuff in 1988. But, that wasn't the style of the 80s. As is often the case with cats thinking they leading the charge, the crowd pushing that were inspired for nostalgia for something they never even experienced.

Second of all, don't lump the 80s and 90s into a group. They were very distinct eras.

Third of all, I see where you are going with the bright colors, but the genius of Nike at it's peak was the way it was strategically loud. ...You know that nice lady who never curses, and then she gets riled up and drops an f-bomb, so you know she's real serious? Nike was kind of like that. They made classic, sleek designs with a splash of bold color - the infra on the 90, the neon on the 95, the elephant on the III. Nike wasn't overly loud in its heydey. It was understatedly bold, punctuating its designs in just the right way. Now, it's that dude who runs his mouth all day without saying anything. A shockjock who made a living off of one-upping himself until he becomes a caricature of himself. Nike has overexposed its boldness such that it doesn't even receive a reaction anymore, and it's remedy for overexposure is to keep doubling down. So, as it relates to Nike, I don't think their excessively gaudy designs are at all a reboot of days yore.

And, finally, to whatever extent this faux-80s revival was hot, in terms of super bright colors, I think that wave is pretty much on it's way out.
lol shows how much i didnt like the shoes that i couldnt tell they were like a 3 shoe mash up, i thought they were his trainers with a different midsole with the bubble, oh well anyways i like this shoe better than any trainer for bo from the past, and the late 80s-early90s had the same vibe thats all i was getting at and i think some of the colorways and blocking are taking notes from those eras but it is def different now days with hints of the past thrown around i think, id rather see the loud colors and matchy matchy clothes than someones dam underwear hanging out cuz they have their pants hanging so low and even have a belt on them, wtf is that? the belt is to hold them up, i blame my generation for not raising their kids with values along with the governments ability to give people money and encourage them to be useless by helping idiots survive. ok im done

Haha... It's like rcj got corrected... Didn't listen to any of it.. And continued on his own quasi ridiculous tangent :lol:

Just an observation :lol:

But I did a google search on the trainer 2 360s... Still haven't found a retail price, but there's another black/ baby blue colorway on the horizon with 3m & snake on it

The only successful cw IMO are those med balls. Supposedly dropping soon

I'll def cop those med balls. Just hope they're more comfortable than the most recent actual Med Ball retro, those things were painful.

Haha... It's like rcj got corrected... Didn't listen to any of it.. And continued on his own quasi ridiculous tangent :lol:

Just an observation :lol:

But I did a google search on the trainer 2 360s... Still haven't found a retail price, but there's another black/ baby blue colorway on the horizon with 3m & snake on it

The only successful cw IMO are those med balls. Supposedly dropping soon

I couldn't find the price either, but according to the following article, that Volt pair was supposed to be released on 1/9/2014 (although the links don't show em now) and thus, I just thought someone should know the retail assuming that they weren't cancelled tho.
http://www.kixandthecity.com/nike-air-max-360-trainer-2-volt-drops-tomorrow-19/#!prettyPhoto

and please we need these 2
nthat.gif

Will that air trainer max 360 2 actually release? I've seen the black colorway and the white/volt seemingly get lost in the shuffle the past few months.. I can't say I hate the medicine ball. I'm a sucker for a white toeboxed shoe that has a colored outter region that boxes it all in nicely. Those seem like very solid replacements for my '00 med balls.. The 09s were junk pleather. So if anything I hope for the $160 pricetag, it's not just an airbag we are paying for.

Wow

They've whiffed on all of them except the med balls

I just don't get it... How hard can it be

Just release the og chlorophyll cw, med balls, and a black/white.

Done. Success

Back
Top Bottom