FIXED GEARS

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

Originally Posted by Brandology

IS THIS SITE LEGIT? http://www.republicbike.com/ Are these bikes good quality and are they prone to breaking easily?

Republic bikes come in at 24 pounds. Have fun.
~Lefty
Not to mention the quality of steel is on par with wal mart bikes.

Research the brand on bikeforums.net, they'll tell you what you need to hear. It's cheap for a reason.

sold by Urban Outfitters =
laugh.gif

Easy pass.

how're those DA7600 Hubs holding up? do you need to repack em often?

i want new hubs, i'm leaning more towards phils for sealed bearings though.

considering mack also. I hear they are comparable to phils, and way mo cheaper.

I swear I've seen someone with the same exact build as that Panasonic in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

I hardly ride anymore
frown.gif
Between work and school (and both being way too far to bike to), I have no time to bike at all. Thought about selling my bike but Iknow I'd regret it.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

I swear I've seen someone with the same exact build as that Panasonic in the Bay Area
laugh.gif

thought so too...nonetheless, a nice ride... Phil hubs are wonderful...i know dura ace has been a solid trusted njs company but man nothing beats riding a philIMO

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

how're those DA7600 Hubs holding up? do you need to repack em often?

i want new hubs, i'm leaning more towards phils for sealed bearings though.

considering mack also. I hear they are comparable to phils, and way mo cheaper.

naw i havent had to repact the hubs but theyve been in ridden on for only a year in southern california weather. my cousins ride phil hubs and theyre great andnearly indestructable. but i was goin for the all out njs build so i went with as much njs as i could. not to mention i got these for a steal <as in brandnew for 125 shipped>

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

laugh.gif

I hardly ride anymore
frown.gif
Between work and school (and both being way too far to bike to), I have no time to bike at all. Thought about selling my bike but I know I'd regret it.
ohwell.gif
wouldn't be the first time.... bikesdirect actually bit my paint job. i originally had a mercier kilo tt and i had it powdercoated candypurple. once i posted pics of it on the forums (sdfixed / lafixed / ocfixed / bikeforums), bikesdirect announced the purple mercier. i waspisssssssssssssssssssed. not to say the psonic uve seen upnorth is a bite cuz ive only had mine since october but it wouldnt surprise me...

yea, i like the DA's but i don't think they'd make it through a nyc winter. lol.
definitely not. if i had to live through seasons. id prolly seal EVERYTHING....

A few of my friends ride DA hubs, a couple of them have had them for a few years, and I dont think that any of them have repacked. This includes riding throughrain, dirt, etc. They hold up a lot better than most people think.

I've been riding suzue promax hubs for the past few months and absolutely love them, sooooo buttery.

Originally Posted by kdawg

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Thanks. Ive seen bikes with 56" measurements etc.Being 5'10/11 what would be a good mesurement for me? I havent had a bike in a few years so I don't remember any of this.
You'd probably need about a 56cm - but it's more complicated than that. It depends on the geometry of the frame and the stem/bars etc. You really need to sit on the bike to make sure it's comfy.

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Well since my thread is moving slow I have another bike that I'm working on but I was also trying to buy a fixed along with a bmx (
smile.gif
)...It may sound stupid but seeing people ride fixed bent over holding the horned handle bars does that hurt your back after awhile?
Also is just shopping around for individual parts better than buying a stock bike?
Btw damn its me info on where one can purchase such a rim as your front one? I checked the fatlace thinking that was where it was from but didn't see it.

not sure if covered, but its aerospoke- not bad for stability... also 1stwit, id grab some sugino messenger cranks, cheap maybe 120 for cranks and chainring...might need to get a new BB though...always gotta be careful on conversions...
the way i see it, even a track bike isnt really meant to take the tension of a body trying to "skid" (albeit i do it all the time).......so just be mindful of parts and maintenance of your cranks, chainstays, fork, headset, etc. make sure things arent warped and screwed in nice and tight at least once weekly and be safe!
just so I don't forget. I actually found another bike so now I want to take parts from it but at the same time I want to try and fix it up aswell
laugh.gif
. I think its time to post pictures of the bikes

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwel

looks like a nice start chest rockwell, wat rims are those?
Araya VX-400
"You know what? This will decimate all... If we have to, overnight some parts from Japan. "

laugh.gif
nice. that fork end lug is so meaaaan.

Back
Top Bottom